Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2024, 09:29 AM

9,973 posts, read 10,142,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Ever is a long time. So, therefore.. I'll say yes.. But it won't be anytime soon.

I don't see anyone in the pipeline coming up that has the talent to do it. But.. sooner or later.. Or.. To paraphrase the late, great Harry Carey.. As sure as God made green apples..
I love cars, but my daughters (25 & 22) don't share my passion as much (racing or tinkering, etc..., they have a lukewarm interest in it).

Having said that, American women in general, don't seem to have the racing or car interest they had a few decades ago. Unless they grow up in a racing family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2024, 10:41 AM

17,828 posts, read 15,705,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I love cars, but my daughters (25 & 22) don't share my passion as much (racing or tinkering, etc..., they have a lukewarm interest in it).

Having said that, American women in general, don't seem to have the racing or car interest they had a few decades ago. Unless they grow up in a racing family.

It's mostly an exposure thing.. If I had to bet.. I'd think the first female racer we see will be a second generation driver.. Perhaps Lennix Busch.. She's going to be growing up (I think she's 2 now) with her father and brother being racers.

While you never know what will happen.. it certainly seems that Brexton will wind up being a second generation driver.. But.. We pretty much thought that about Matt Martin as well.

Harvick's daughter is doing some kart racing as well I believe.. So.. Piper Harvick would be a possibility.

Old 07-09-2024, 12:12 PM

5,813 posts, read 4,850,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Not sure what you are referring to, the "hack" episode? How did it turn out?
My point was only that Hamlin insisted they were taking some very serious in-house disciplinary action after Wallace lost it with Larson.
This one: https://youtu.be/jTOI3KNzkLQ?si=jjeM81lQfe8rBDq6

If I remember correctly, NASCAR did nothing.

Old 07-09-2024, 01:49 PM

5,752 posts, read 6,057,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Its official ... Rodney Childers wont be joining Josh Berry at the Wood Brothers. He is headed to Spire, to be Corey Lajoeis crew chief. Shame.. seems a waste of one of the top crew chiefs in the garage.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nascar/new...inning-in-2025

“ Rodney is a hall-of-fame worthy, championship-winning crew chief with 40 wins. He is one of the best in the garage and when a guy like Rodney is available, it would be malpractice if we did anything but our absolute best to bring him into our growing organization. He will make us better the moment he walks into our shop, and we look forward to his contributions to our collective success. " Jeff Dickerson

“Spire has been on my radar for the past year. I had quite a few guys from the No. 4 team go over there and they keep telling me how much they enjoy it, what the culture is like and how well everybody gets along. That started it from my side. The rest was the way Jeff (Dickerson) and Doug Duchardt (Spire Motorsports President) handled my situation.

“They told me how much I was wanted and how I could make a difference. For anybody in this world, all you want is to feel wanted and loved, and I felt that through them. I also see it as a place that can be good for my family, long term. My kids are three years from graduating high school. With the truck teams there, it’s somewhere they can grow, learn and possibly work one day.
” Rodney Chiders

Too bad.... Penske and the Wood Bros blew it.
Waste? Not if it puts Lajoie in the winners circle.

Old 07-09-2024, 02:48 PM

17,828 posts, read 15,705,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post

Agreed. LaJoie is.. Talented.. He's with a team that I'd still consider poor at the moment, but they're making strides.

McDowell will be coming on board, and.. Let's be honest.. McDowell arriving kinda corresponds to the performance increase at Front Row. How much of that was him.. Well, I dunno..

Hocevar has.. Had some moments this year.. Smith.. Not so much.. LaJoie certainly has been the star of that organization.

He had to have seen something at the organization that encouraged him to sign there. Because.. All accounts I've heard, he really enjoyed working with Josh Berry.

Of course.. It's kinda rare that a crew chief turns a back marker team into a winner.

Just from curiosity.. Let's just take the CCs from 2010.. Most of you will recognize these names.. Something of a where are they now..

Kevin "Bono" Manion was with #1 Jamie McMurray - Been in the truck series for a while. With Spire and this year the #2 Rev Racing truck with Nick Sanchez. Won a few weeks back

Brain Pattie was with #42 and Montoya - Current CC of the #7 for Spire and LaJoie.

Pete Roundeau - Seemingly out of racing

Alan Gustafson - CC for Chase Elliott

Steve Letarte - On NBC

Chad Knaus - Competition director with HMS

Lance McGrew - R&D with HMS

Marc Reno - Unknown.. Out of racing it seems

Nick Harrison - Dead of cocaine OD in 2019

Gil Martin - Trans Am Series Crew Chief

Todd Berrier - Seems working at JGR

Shane Wilson - Truck series with Rackley WAR and Ty Dillon

Darian Grubb - Crew chief of the part time 91 for Trackhouse.

Tony Gibson - Retired

Steve Addington - Xfinity series. 29 for RSS Racing and Blaine Perkins

Jay Guy - Perhaps with NY Racing

Travis Geisler - Competition director for Penske

Frankie Stoddard - Out of racing

Kenny Francis - Out of racing/retired

Todd Parrott - CC in ARCA

Mike Shiplett - Truck series with Bret Holmes racing

Slugger Labbe - With TRD

Drew Blickensderfer - CC for Noah Gragson at SHR

Greg Erwin - With TRD

Jimmy Fennig - Retired

Bob Osborne - Out of racing

Bootie Barker - CC for #23 Bubba Wallace

Greg Zippadelli - VP/Competition Director at SHR

Dave Rogers - Competition director for 23XI

Pat Tryson - CC for BJ McLeod in Xfinity

Phillipe Lopez - Seemingly last worked with Richard Petty Motorsports. Not sure if he's with Legacy

Jimmy Elledge - Out of racing

Ryan Pemberton - Died in January. Was last the competition director for JR motorsports through 2022.

Old 07-09-2024, 04:27 PM

9,933 posts, read 10,908,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Well I may be a little biased , was really hoping that Whoever took Berry would naturally bring Childers with him. I know there are a lot of factors.
My personal opinion of Lajoie is wherever he is on the track you don't want to be near him he is a wreck waiting to happen. Similar to Suarez, Chastain, Stenhouse etc...
Having said that after reading What Rodney said about his reasoning of going to Spire it leads me to believe they do have something going on there, combined with the fact that McDowell would leave front row to go there it is going to be interesting to watch them next year. Not to mention the addition of a Championship crew chief such as Childers will no doubt help them attract better drivers.

Old 07-09-2024, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
This one: https://youtu.be/jTOI3KNzkLQ?si=jjeM81lQfe8rBDq6

If I remember correctly, NASCAR did nothing.
Yeah well, I'm certainly not a Hamlin apologist.

Old 07-09-2024, 05:12 PM

5,752 posts, read 6,057,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Agreed. LaJoie is.. Talented.. He's with a team that I'd still consider poor at the moment, but they're making strides.

McDowell will be coming on board, and.. Let's be honest.. McDowell arriving kinda corresponds to the performance increase at Front Row. How much of that was him.. Well, I dunno..

Hocevar has.. Had some moments this year.. Smith.. Not so much.. LaJoie certainly has been the star of that organization.

He had to have seen something at the organization that encouraged him to sign there. Because.. All accounts I've heard, he really enjoyed working with Josh Berry.

Of course.. It's kinda rare that a crew chief turns a back marker team into a winner.

Just from curiosity.. Let's just take the CCs from 2010.. Most of you will recognize these names.. Something of a where are they now..

Kevin "Bono" Manion was with #1 Jamie McMurray - Been in the truck series for a while. With Spire and this year the #2 Rev Racing truck with Nick Sanchez. Won a few weeks back

Brain Pattie was with #42 and Montoya - Current CC of the #7 for Spire and LaJoie.

Pete Roundeau - Seemingly out of racing

Alan Gustafson - CC for Chase Elliott

Steve Letarte - On NBC

Chad Knaus - Competition director with HMS

Lance McGrew - R&D with HMS

Marc Reno - Unknown.. Out of racing it seems

Nick Harrison - Dead of cocaine OD in 2019

Gil Martin - Trans Am Series Crew Chief

Todd Berrier - Seems working at JGR

Shane Wilson - Truck series with Rackley WAR and Ty Dillon

Darian Grubb - Crew chief of the part time 91 for Trackhouse.

Tony Gibson - Retired

Steve Addington - Xfinity series. 29 for RSS Racing and Blaine Perkins

Jay Guy - Perhaps with NY Racing

Travis Geisler - Competition director for Penske

Frankie Stoddard - Out of racing

Kenny Francis - Out of racing/retired

Todd Parrott - CC in ARCA

Mike Shiplett - Truck series with Bret Holmes racing

Slugger Labbe - With TRD

Drew Blickensderfer - CC for Noah Gragson at SHR

Greg Erwin - With TRD

Jimmy Fennig - Retired

Bob Osborne - Out of racing

Bootie Barker - CC for #23 Bubba Wallace

Greg Zippadelli - VP/Competition Director at SHR

Dave Rogers - Competition director for 23XI

Pat Tryson - CC for BJ McLeod in Xfinity

Phillipe Lopez - Seemingly last worked with Richard Petty Motorsports. Not sure if he's with Legacy

Jimmy Elledge - Out of racing

Ryan Pemberton - Died in January. Was last the competition director for JR motorsports through 2022.
Nice list! Greg Irwin graduated Clemson the same time as my wife. She recognized him one day on TV.

Old Yesterday, 07:47 AM

Wallace fined $50,000.

NASCAR cited two sections of the Rule Book in fining Wallace.

NASCAR cited Section 4.4.B, which states:

Member actions that could result in a loss of 25-50 driver and/or Team Owner Points and/or $50,000-$100,000 fine. Violations may also result in Race suspension(s), indefinite suspension, or membership revocation:

Physical confrontation with a NASCAR Official, media members, fans, etc.
Attempting to manipulate the outcome of the Race or championship.
Intentionally damaging another vehicle on pit road.
Wrecking or spinning another vehicle, whether or not that vehicle is removed from Competition as a result.
Any actions deemed to compromise the safety of an Event or otherwise pose a dangerous risk to the safety of Competitors, Officials, spectators, or others.
NASCAR also cited Section 4.4.D, which includes:

Member actions that could result in a fine and/or indefinite suspension, or membership revocation:

Actions by a NASCAR Member that NASCAR finds to be detrimental to stock car racing or NASCAR.
NASCAR did not announce any other penalties from the Chicago weekend.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nascar/new...r-chicago-race

Old Yesterday, 07:50 AM

9,973 posts, read 10,142,921 times
Bubba Wallace, driver of the No. 23 23XI Racing Toyota, was fined $50,000 for violating Sections 4.4.B & D: NASCAR Member Code of Conduct during Sunday’s Grant Park 165.

Lucky for him no points were taken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing