Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM

17,828 posts, read 15,705,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Bubba Wallace, driver of the No. 23 23XI Racing Toyota, was fined $50,000 for violating Sections 4.4.B & D: NASCAR Member Code of Conduct during Sunday’s Grant Park 165.

Lucky for him no points were taken.

I don't see points being taken for something that happened after the race.. Save for inspection issues or similar.

Honestly.. That was fairly minor. He didn't hook him.. It was a decent hit, don't get me wrong.. But.. We've seen much, much worse.

The only reason I'd support a fine here is.. Wallace is a repeat offender.

I think when C.Bell won a few weeks back, Truex doored him.. Which was certainly a different intention.. Truex was basically giving him a congratulatory donut.. But.. I dunno.. If the roles were reversed here, there'd be no penalty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM

5,813 posts, read 4,850,310 times
If you look back through the videos, Chase gave Suarez a love tap as well.

Old Today, 06:51 AM

9,973 posts, read 10,142,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
If you look back through the videos, Chase gave Suarez a love tap as well.
I'm sure NASCAR will have a nice chat with all the drivers at their weekly meeting Sunday.

Old Today, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I'm sure NASCAR will have a nice chat with all the drivers at their weekly meeting Sunday.
I agree. NASCAR screws up by getting things slide until someone does something really stupid. The Bubba/Bowman thing could have been much worse.

Old Today, 09:14 AM

17,828 posts, read 15,705,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
I agree. NASCAR screws up by getting things slide until someone does something really stupid. The Bubba/Bowman thing could have been much worse.

I was sitting here thinking.. How much worse could that really be?

that being said.. I will agree with you because it's not uncommon on the cool down lap, especially for the race winner, to be unhooking their belts and/or removing their helmet.. So.. Now, let's be honest.. that's still something of a long shot. I couldn't tell how far past the end of the race the contact was.. I don't really think there was enough time for that to have happened, but.. It could have.

That being said. The reaction there more should be that you can't unhook your belts or remove your helmet on the cool down lap. And.. If we're being honest here.. I think it was SVG a few weeks back that was doing burnouts while cars were still on track during the cool down lap.. Which.. THAT.. And the way it was done, I saw as a bigger concern than this.

whoever it was, it was on a road course. And he was doing burnouts with cars going by.. Certainly looked far more unsafe than running someone into a wall via side contact. I wouldn't say that if we were talking about a 'hook' into the wall, as we saw Bubba do to Larson at speed last year. THAT.. Certainly an issue.

Old Today, 03:00 PM

Just prior to contact, Bowman had his hand out the window. That could have been very bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing