Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2022, 01:06 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times

Advertisements

Bubba Wallace resigns for 'multiple years', I'd assume at least 2, at 23XI

Not any kind of surprise. He's driven well enough this year to warrant it.. Last year.. At least early on, perhaps it was a bit questionable.. But he's done quite well this year, it's been the team letting him down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2022, 09:17 PM

Harvick goes back to back.. Who saw that coming?

I didn't think this race was as bad as last weeks.. But.. It really wasn't great, either. Average.

The strategy turns of the spring Richmond race made it a good race, we really didn't have that this time. Watching it, I found I kinda missed it being under the lights.

Old 08-15-2022, 10:24 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Harvick goes back to back.. Who saw that coming?

I didn't think this race was as bad as last weeks.. But.. It really wasn't great, either. Average.

The strategy turns of the spring Richmond race made it a good race, we really didn't have that this time. Watching it, I found I kinda missed it being under the lights.
LOL, I was thinking you say that when I was watching the race. For me, it was more "meh" than Michigan. I thought the battles at MIS were more intriguing.

With Harvick winning back to back, it took a bit of the excitement out. At the close of the race, with the 17 having a tiny chance of passing the 4, then the 20 came out of nowhere. That would have been fun to watch if we had five more laps.

I lost track of what happened to the 45, I noticed he finished last. Ty did have a fun battle with the 18 for a while.

Old 08-15-2022, 10:25 AM

5,170 posts, read 6,136,412 times
Stands looked quite a bit empty but what I did see of fans there were a lot of younger adults (non boomer like me) and children so that is encouraging seeing possibly newer fans!

Old 08-15-2022, 04:46 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
I dont watch the races but was glad to see this today... affirms my belief Brad is going to win. Good to see Rousch gaining. Oh and happy Harvick back to back.
1 13 4 Kevin Harvick Mobil 1 Ford 400 4 47 Running 2 55 5
2 21 20 Christopher Bell Rheem Toyota 400 35 Running
3 18 17 Chris Buescher Fastenal Ford 400 7 38 Running
4 3 11 Denny Hamlin FedEx Freight Toyota 400 2 3 50 Running 2 22
5 23 9 Chase Elliott NAPA Auto Parts Chevrolet 400 8 35 Running 1 1
6 17 22 Joey Logano Shell Pennzoil Ford 400 7 1 45 Running 5 222 1
7 6 19 Martin Truex Jr. Bass Pro Shops Toyota 400 10 31 Running
8 32 10 Aric Almirola Smithfield Ford 400 6 34 Running
9 29 18 Kyle Busch M&M's Toyota 400 10 29 Running
10 10 12 Ryan Blaney BodyArmor Ford 400 6 5 38 Running 1 1

Old 08-15-2022, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
LOL, I was thinking you say that when I was watching the race. For me, it was more "meh" than Michigan. I thought the battles at MIS were more intriguing.

With Harvick winning back to back, it took a bit of the excitement out. At the close of the race, with the 17 having a tiny chance of passing the 4, then the 20 came out of nowhere. That would have been fun to watch if we had five more laps.

I lost track of what happened to the 45, I noticed he finished last. Ty did have a fun battle with the 18 for a while.

45 seemingly blew an engine. I don't recall them ever following up on it, but when he was in the pits, you heard a crewman over the radio saying that something was covered in oil, but he couldn't tell where it was coming from. So.. mechanical failure.

FWIW.. Brad actually ran decently. Far better than the 15th finishing position he got. He never, as I recall, was competing for the lead, but he spent some time in the top 5. Which.. Surprised me.

Listen.. Either he wins Daytona or he misses the playoffs. End of statement. I see no chance that he wins at the Glen. Now.. There's a possibility that he wins after the playoffs start. I'd give that a chance. The only reason i'm not saying he has no chance is.. Daytona. He runs good at the plate races. BUT.. He also always seems to get caught up in something at those. Usually on the last lap.

Old 08-15-2022, 07:14 PM

5,169 posts, read 4,942,570 times
Glad to see Harvick's team looking like they're finally figuring things out. But as far as racing action at Richmond; ugh! Another week of waiting for a restart so you can watch a few laps of racing.

Old 08-15-2022, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Glad to see Harvick's team looking like they're finally figuring things out. But as far as racing action at Richmond; ugh! Another week of waiting for a restart so you can watch a few laps of racing.

There was some good racing throughout when some people went to the top. And the "Where did he come from" out of the 20 at the end.. Made it better.. But yeah.. Certainly not a great race.. But, I thought it was better than Michigan, because of the two above things.

Old 08-16-2022, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Stands looked quite a bit empty but what I did see of fans there were a lot of younger adults (non boomer like me) and children so that is encouraging seeing possibly newer fans!
All the more to just give Richmond one race. It did wonders for MIS and Pocono attendance.

Refresh my memory of why Richmond wasn't a night race? I'm so used to it, I hurried homed Saturday night, settled down in my easy chair, flipped on the TV and NO RACE!! I didn't even realize it was moved to Sunday.

Old 08-16-2022, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
45 seemingly blew an engine. I don't recall them ever following up on it, but when he was in the pits, you heard a crewman over the radio saying that something was covered in oil, but he couldn't tell where it was coming from. So.. mechanical failure.
If you get a chance listen or watch the Dale Jr Download podcast (also on YouTube). Jr had Ty Gibbs as a guest for about an hour. If you are on the fence if this kid is the real thing or hasn't quite matured at NINETEEN, then you may have your mind changed after the interview, like I did.

I'm going to say it now, but this kid WILL be the next Gordon/JJ/Kyle Busch and could have the potential to to be an HOF driver and be mentioned in the total win column of those drivers. Maybe not championships since that system is so different now (and not total wins like Kyle). Ty has so much talent and the personality and willingness to focus on being the best driver he can be. Of course the support of JGR is a huge factor.

As a Chevy/HMS fan all my NASCAR life (Since Jeff Gordon started), I may be pulled to the dark side of Toyota and have to root for this kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing