Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2022, 08:42 AM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I don't think RC has found a sponsor.

I think Kyle takes over the 8 as is.. With the sponsors for the 8 that are there.

Then it's Reddick who is left without a sponsor, or one to find.

None of those sponsors, so far as I know, are tied to Reddick. They're RC sponsors.

The next piece of the puzzle.. The drivers for KBM.. Are they contracted with KBM or with Toyota? So.. John Hunter Nemechek? Assuming he goes back to trucks.. What does Toyota do for a Truck team?
According to this they stay with Toyota... But as you said where are they going to put them... I refer back to my other post, Toyota cant keep drivers if they dont have anything to drive. One would think they got to be working overtime to remedy that . They are going to be down for years to come inmho.
How many xfinity cars does Gibbs run?
https://www.frontstretch.com/2022/09...nishes-at-rcr/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2022, 11:15 AM

17,574 posts, read 15,243,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
According to this they stay with Toyota... But as you said where are they going to put them... I refer back to my other post, Toyota cant keep drivers if they dont have anything to drive. One would think they got to be working overtime to remedy that . They are going to be down for years to come inmho.
How many xfinity cars does Gibbs run?
https://www.frontstretch.com/2022/09...nishes-at-rcr/

Gibbs, currently, is running 3 teams.

The 54 for Gibbs, which.. I have to believe they're going to keep him there for next year, just for seat time.

The 18 for a mixture of drivers..

The 19 for Brandon Jones.

Most likely.. We see, pending on sponsorship of course, John Hunter move to Xfinity in either the 18 or 19 next year.

And I think Chandler Smith moves up as well, again, into either the 18 or 19.

Corey Heim is a question mark. He's not ready for Xfinity I don't think. He hasn't run a full year in Trucks, but.. You never know.

As for who replaces KBM.. I see two possibilities. The MOST likely I would say would be ThorSport,, Second would be Hattori Racing Enterprises. That's without 'flipping' a team over to Toyota. Those two make the most sense. The problem with ThorSport is they've got Crafton taking up a seat. hey, he's fine to have in the camp as a relief driver or something, but.. he's not 'in development' at 46 years old.

Now.. The other part of this.. listen, everyone talks how bad this is for Toyota.. This might not be good for KBM, either.. Is Chevy going to throw the money that TRD throws at that team?

Old 09-15-2022, 11:48 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Now.. The other part of this.. listen, everyone talks how bad this is for Toyota.. This might not be good for KBM, either.. Is Chevy going to throw the money that TRD throws at that team?
Every team in truck was Chevy with the exception of KBM this year. If I was TRD, I would have spent a lot of money to keep KBM in the winners circle.

With Chevy, there is only so much money to go around, although KBM will likely still draw their attention.

Old 09-15-2022, 11:53 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,686,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Every team in truck was Chevy with the exception of KBM this year. If I was TRD, I would have spent a lot of money to keep KBM in the winners circle.

With Chevy, there is only so much money to go around, although KBM could still draw their attention.
Zane Smith drives a Ford. As do many other drivers.

Ford has more wins than Chevy(5-4) and the current points leader.

Old 09-15-2022, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Zane Smith drives a Ford. As do many other drivers.

Ford has more wins than Chevy(5-4) and the current points leader.
I gotta stop listening to Dale Jr and do my own research. That's two things he said that I was wrong about this week.

Old 09-15-2022, 01:51 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,686,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I gotta stop listening to Dale Jr and do my own research. That's two things he said that I was wrong about this week.

I figured it was an oops.

Old 09-15-2022, 02:04 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,243,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post

I figured it was an oops.

I was about to go look and see if Ford hadn't won a race or something. I knew Chevy / Toyota only was wrong but left the thought out there that Ford maybe hadn't WON a race in trucks. Didn't think that was right either, but couldn't have told you off the top of my head.

Has a Ford won in Xfinity? No.. So, maybe that's what he said? All winners in Xfinity were Chevy or Toyota. Which.. Doesn't really seem right, either, until you look at Ford's lineup of Riley Herbst and Ryan Seig being the only full time drivers. Listen, not saying they don't have talent, but neither one particularly hits the talent level of the #3 guy at Toyota or Chevy.

If that's the case.. Perhaps the solution isn't to stop listening to Dale Jr, but to listen harder. lol.

Old 09-15-2022, 05:07 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Sounds like the deal breaker for Kyle Busch going to Hamlin/Jordan, was they couldn't /wouldn't give him more than a 1-year deal. Me thinks they will look back on that decision with regret.

Old 09-16-2022, 04:59 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,875,351 times
Last night on the truck it was mentioned that all they have to do is change the nose and engine on the trucks as they are pretty much the same everywhere else. They didnt mention the driovers.

Old 09-16-2022, 05:05 AM

Quote:
If that's the case.. Perhaps the solution isn't to stop listening to Dale Jr, but to listen harder. lol.
I haven't watched the Truck series this year TBH. But your right, I need to tune my ears a bit!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing