Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2022, 11:17 AM

17,605 posts, read 15,284,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Good on Kyle for manning up...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mot...ion/ar-AAUQZlV
What I like about Bowman...

“There’s just kind of a common thread that I’m not going to get credit for anything, ever,” Bowman said. “It is what it is. We’ve won five Cup races in the last calendar year, so I’m not really too worried about it. It’s frustrating at times.

“That’s just kind of the way things have been no matter what the situation is. Just gives me a lot of motivation to try to go chase a championship this year and then let everybody try to figure out how they’re going to take credit away from that, too.”

Hahaha... Good for him.

Did anyone think it was anything else? I mean, Kyle was leading, pits and finishes.. 4th, I think behind cars that didn't pit.. Gotta tick you off.

as I said, Bowman didn't have the best car, he had the best strategy. The "W" counts the same either way.

They want to talk about someone who backs into wins... There's one name there. Justin Haley

Has he EVER won a race in a non-crazy way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2022, 04:07 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,093,125 times
Well, I am not NASCAR fan, but I turned it on to watch the race from Phoenix, where I once attended the Metallica concert decades ago,
I turned the TV on specifically to check out the Number 4 GHOST car.
BUT the crappy broadcast means they do not even show it. WOW

I have been watching I think I saw it going into the PIT but it cut away

I was wondering if the Nameless Ghouls would be manning the pit crew.....
Anyway SO disappointing. They get a cool car, and do not even give it any air time.

Of course, the DIE CAST models on GHOSTs website sold out instantly At a cost more than I would pay

Are broadcasts always this bad? like Olympics on NBC Bad? Like Verne Lundquist bad? Like Troy Aikman and Joe Buck bad?
If so , I am glad I do not watch NASCAR

Old 03-12-2022, 08:15 PM

5,725 posts, read 4,700,020 times
Drugs are bad.

Old 03-12-2022, 09:44 PM

5,676 posts, read 5,893,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Well, I am not NASCAR fan, but I turned it on to watch the race from Phoenix, where I once attended the Metallica concert decades ago,
I turned the TV on specifically to check out the Number 4 GHOST car.
BUT the crappy broadcast means they do not even show it. WOW

I have been watching I think I saw it going into the PIT but it cut away

I was wondering if the Nameless Ghouls would be manning the pit crew.....
Anyway SO disappointing. They get a cool car, and do not even give it any air time.

Of course, the DIE CAST models on GHOSTs website sold out instantly At a cost more than I would pay

Are broadcasts always this bad? like Olympics on NBC Bad? Like Verne Lundquist bad? Like Troy Aikman and Joe Buck bad?
If so , I am glad I do not watch NASCAR
Um, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Drugs are bad.
Yup!

Old 03-13-2022, 10:30 AM

5,676 posts, read 5,893,184 times
Did anyone watch the Xfinity race yesterday? Im tring to understand, why Trevor Bayne wasnt penalized for changing the steering wheel. and was allowed to start from the pole. Is there no rule for changing the steering wheel? I seem to recall a couple of years ago someone getting penalized for changing a faulty shifter, so why not a faulty steering wheel? Safety issue due to the kill switch?

Old 03-14-2022, 06:48 AM

9,509 posts, read 9,830,587 times
I was surprised to hear that Chase Briscoe was NASCAR's 200th winner all time. That's an amazing stat considering how long NASCAR has been around and how many races have happened.

Hendrick and Gibb cars really struggled at Phoenix. Sure hope they can figure it out before the November race.

Old 03-14-2022, 07:35 AM

5,725 posts, read 4,700,020 times
Current standing have 6 Fords, 3 Chevy, and 1 Toyota.

Ford seems to have a better handle on the new car.

All 4 Hendrick cars have performed well at times and other Chevy's are doing well. Reddick and Chastain.

Toyota has had some really bad luck.

Old 03-14-2022, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Did anyone watch the Xfinity race yesterday? Im tring to understand, why Trevor Bayne wasnt penalized for changing the steering wheel. and was allowed to start from the pole. Is there no rule for changing the steering wheel? I seem to recall a couple of years ago someone getting penalized for changing a faulty shifter, so why not a faulty steering wheel? Safety issue due to the kill switch?

Yeah, Steering wheel is considered safety equipment. So there was no penalty.

It's one of the.. Quirks of the rules. You, apparently, don't actually have to run parade laps.

I am rather surprised that they didn't make him go to the tail end of the field, tho.

Old 03-14-2022, 02:15 PM

So.. Yesterday.. Good on Briscoe for getting the win.. Certainly needed after the tough year he had last year.

But.. It seemed like aero played too big a part. I mean, Harvick looked like he was going to blow past everyone, and stalled out about 4th.. Pit mistakes played a very big part in the outcome of the race.

I just.. Didn't really enjoy it very much.

I'll throw this out there as well.. While it's still early.. If ever a year smelled like there might be more than 16 winners.. This one does.

You can't really imagine Truex, Kyle Busch, Hamlin, Harvick, Elliott, Logano going winless.. That'd bring us to 10 there. And Ross Chastain.. You kinda gotta look at him as just needing to get over the hump. Kurt Busch, William Byron.. That'd get us up to 13.

Old 03-14-2022, 04:31 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,829,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
So.. Yesterday.. Good on Briscoe for getting the win.. Certainly needed after the tough year he had last year.

But.. It seemed like aero played too big a part. I mean, Harvick looked like he was going to blow past everyone, and stalled out about 4th.. Pit mistakes played a very big part in the outcome of the race.

I just.. Didn't really enjoy it very much.

I'll throw this out there as well.. While it's still early.. If ever a year smelled like there might be more than 16 winners.. This one does.

You can't really imagine Truex, Kyle Busch, Hamlin, Harvick, Elliott, Logano going winless.. That'd bring us to 10 there. And Ross Chastain.. You kinda gotta look at him as just needing to get over the hump. Kurt Busch, William Byron.. That'd get us up to 13.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Reddick is going to get one this year as well.
I only saw maybe 20 to go of the race, (wasn't going to sit there and listen to Danica for 2 hours) but I actually thought what I saw was pretty good especially restarts.
It was indeed good to see Brisco win, looks like SHR has turned a corner. As long as its a Chevy or Ford I'm happy . Speaking of Toyotas ... didn't Kurt finish 5th? How about that !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing