Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2022, 05:53 AM

6,416 posts, read 3,134,333 times

Advertisements

Appears to me, that beyond not black flagging "bonehead Keselowski", NASCAR has some technical issues to work out. The new wheels don't seem to be as robust or "forgiving" as the traditional wheels were, and while the 18" tires may provide more grip, their shorter sidewalls don't seem to want to hang on to the rims, as well as the taller sidewalled tires did.

Oh, and with respect to the race itself, same old Daytona crashfest.................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2022, 06:00 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,809,471 times
At least 3 of those crashes were bonehead driving. Two on Keselowski and one on my boy Kyle Larson.

The last lap was good though. We almost had history last night with Bubba.

Old 02-21-2022, 07:01 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,820,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Appears to me, that beyond not black flagging "bonehead Keselowski", NASCAR has some technical issues to work out. The new wheels don't seem to be as robust or "forgiving" as the traditional wheels were, and while the 18" tires may provide more grip, their shorter sidewalls don't seem to want to hang on to the rims, as well as the taller sidewalled tires did.

Oh, and with respect to the race itself, same old Daytona crashfest.................
Hahaha. Yeah flat tire... car doesn't move. Should make for some exceptionally long cautions.
In regard to Keslowski , I was looking forward to hearing his explanation in his post-race interview... what post-race interviews?

Old 02-21-2022, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Turned out to be a decent race. Keselowski apparently swapped brains with Jamie McMurray and wrecked most of the field. Twice.

Busch finishing 5th after the damage, and McDowell and Ragan both bringing home top 10's.
Really? I didn't see much racing; I saw a lot of cars single file in 2 lanes for 150 laps.

Old 02-21-2022, 08:39 AM

17,568 posts, read 15,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Hahaha. Yeah flat tire... car doesn't move. Should make for some exceptionally long cautions.
In regard to Keslowski , I was looking forward to hearing his explanation in his post-race interview... what post-race interviews?

Yeah, I was thinking.. Are they not running an innerliner in these things? And, it seems the answer is no, and it seems they might not be able to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Really? I didn't see much racing; I saw a lot of cars single file in 2 lanes for 150 laps.

If they're single file in 2 lanes, doesn't that make it side-by-side?

Was it the greatest ever? no, but it wasn't 2000, either.

Old 02-21-2022, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Yeah, I was thinking.. Are they not running an innerliner in these things? And, it seems the answer is no, and it seems they might not be able to.

If they're single file in 2 lanes, doesn't that make it side-by-side?

Was it the greatest ever? no, but it wasn't 2000, either.
Haha, ok you got me. There was a TON of side by side racing! Just no 3 wide or passing. No body dared to step out which was odd for the front half of the race, pretty boring stuff.
Now the end wasn't bad. Watching Kyle Busch try to stuff the 14 between the fence and Brad, that was good. It will be interesting what the teams take to Talledega, the draft is obviously a whole different animal with this car.

Old 02-21-2022, 09:50 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,809,471 times
Should we discuss the elephant in the room:
  • Cindric forcing Bubba beneath the double yellow coming to the checkers
  • Issues with the Penske wheels

Old 02-21-2022, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Lets be real if there was even a hint that was the case NASCAR would have called it and gave the Win to Wallace. Are you kidding that would have been the ultimate gift for them.

How's about instead Chase Elliot PARKING long enough to smoke a cigarette and patiently waiting for Walllace to leave instead of entering his pit in front of Wallace and risking running into him.

Old 02-21-2022, 10:56 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,873,497 times
Quote:
Had he kept going down, he would have had his win taken away. But he jerked up indicating, to at least Nascar, it was unintentional. Bubba didnt mention it, or hasnt that Im aware of. All he did was whine about being 2nd.

Penske, and RFK both said there were issues getting the wheels on the "pins". My question would be why wasnt this found already? Perhaps QC at the wheel manufacturer? Bad castings? Probems with the Ford "pin". Or simply a way to cheat a little?

Old 02-21-2022, 11:11 AM

5,716 posts, read 4,685,139 times
Quote:
I think the last 1/4 mile is all bets off. Unless you go below the double yellow on your own to pass.

Penske wheels and the independent rear suspension that can’t survive even minimal contact.

Any of you see the Xfinity finish? The Snider wreck was crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing