Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2011, 07:18 PM

85 posts, read 187,022 times

Advertisements

1. Budget: Preferably under $1,500/mo
2. House/Condo/Townhome: condo in young hip part of
City
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home): Commute
4. Children(public school vs. private): Single, no children
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two: Walkable affluent district
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not: somewhat, I'll use it to the airport
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood: very important. Young professional in mid 20s with a 6 figure salary. I'm coming from uptown Dallas and want to live in the neighborhood with other yuppies and that is easily walkable. I've heard midtown and VaHi are good for this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 02:39 PM

3 posts, read 50,419 times
Hey Everyone,

I wish I knew about this site when I first moved in 2007 (right before that big bubble burst)....anyway, after reading posts recently, I redirected the search to East or West Cobb, but that commute has me worried plus we are having a hard time finding something we like within our budget with great schools. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

1. Budget: $200-$250K

2. House/Condo/Townhome: House

3. Employment Status(commute/work from home): both employed - me, work downtown near Turner Field and he works overseas

4. Children (public school vs. private): currently private that only goes up to 5th grade, but would like to place them in a really good public school. Kids are elementary age.

5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two: Suburbs

6. Easy access to public transit, important or not: Not important

7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood: Family oriented, safe and nice neighborhood. Schools are very important and a big deciding factor.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,050 times
Default Looking at moving to atlanta

Hi I am currently living in Las Vegas NV and its not really a place to raise kids. We are looking for a nice place to raise our family. I hear that atlanta is a very beautiful and its a nice place to raise a family. We are looking at renting a home for now the Max we would like to pay is 1,400.00 a month for a single family home. We are currently working and we do plan on transffering to locations in Atlanta. We do have children that are in Elementary School so we would love for them to go to a nice school. We are looking for a nice community that is great for kids. Please help what are some great places to move to?

Last edited by njgirlsweethrt; 09-08-2011 at 07:02 PM..

Old 09-12-2011, 09:25 AM

2,023 posts, read 3,241,019 times
What is the average cost of a home in one of the lovely suburbs North of Atlanta? Are there alot of retirees living there or is a mixture of age groups?

Old 09-14-2011, 02:02 PM

88 posts, read 138,359 times
1. Budget: $850, more if it's a nicer part of town.
2. House/Condo/Townhome: Apartment in a calmer, quieter part of town.
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home): Commute
4. Children(public school vs. private): Fiancee, no children-Yet.
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two: Suburban definitely.
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not: Not.
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood: Quiet, not too diverse, pref more rural.

My fiancee is going through the process with the atlanta pd. I know they have the housing incentive program so I would like to stay within city limits if he does get hired. We are looking to start out in an apartment until we find a neighborhood that suits us to buy a home. We both enjoy hunting fishing hiking, all things outdoors so a place that has the same type of people or close to that type of recreation is preferable.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,969 times
I'm a single mother of two, that lives in Buffalo,NY.The economy here is horrible, Buffalo,NY is one of the poorest cities in the country before the defect.I was thinking about moving to the ATL within a year. I'm praying to find better housing, schools and a great job.I don't want to leave and do worst in the ATL. I'm looking for a there bedroom apartmemt, public schools for my children and entry-level jobs in Cosmetology, customer service, direct care.I also want to finish my degree in Criminal Justice. Please let me know what I would be getting myself into before making a big move.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,922 times
1. Budget - 500k-600k
2. House/Condo/Townhome? - House
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) -semi retired
4. Children(public school vs. private) - empty nest
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two - North ATL
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? - nice to have
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. - not sure

Thanks!

Old 09-19-2011, 12:47 AM

2 posts, read 5,509 times
Question Something Temporary Until We Buy

1. Budget: $600-$700

2. House/Condo/Townhome: Apartment, 2 bedroom preferably. I am moving with my retired mother. We'll rent first and eventually buy once we get our bearings.

3. Employment Status(commute/work from home): I'm a currently unemployed professional, willing to commute. Mom is semi-retired but willing to get back in the work force.

4. Children(public school vs. private): Single, childless but would put kids in private school when time comes so location seriously isn't an issue

5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two: Urban but nothing too dangerous (i.e., a high probability of being innocent bystander in a drive-by).

6. Easy access to public transit, important or not: Mom and I both own cars, could go either way

7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood: Race/class diversity is fine, I just don't want deadly. I'm in my early 30s, mom is in her late 50s, just want something for the time being that is relatively safe for two single women in transition.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:58 PM

859 posts, read 2,120,822 times
It might be best for everyone to copy their posts and start a new thread so as to get more responses, b/c most members rarely respond to posts in his thread anymore and more to "non-sticky" individual threads.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:53 PM

177 posts, read 405,717 times
1. Budget $500-$750
2. House/Condo/Townhome? Apartment or condo
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) Commute
4. Children(public school vs. private) N/A
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two Mix of the two
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? 20% depends 80% I will be driving
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. Middle class is fine with me with different ethnicities & backgrounds. Also want to be around the 23-30 crowd if possible.
8. Colleges/Universities? Which are the best for Criminology/Legal Studies?
9. Churches to attend? I'd prefer a Baptist church with a nice choir.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta