Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2011, 02:40 PM

859 posts, read 2,120,527 times

Advertisements

NEWtoATL, Check Direct Message
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 09:24 PM

92 posts, read 234,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLHRLGUY View Post
Sticky?!?! If something similar is already posted...sorry.

Helpful Tip,
For all of those about to move or thinking about moving to the Atlanta metro area, in order for us to better assist you and for you to get more responses please provide us with as much of the following information as possible in your initial post please:

1. Budget
2. House/Condo/Townhome?
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home)
4. Children(public school vs. private)
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not?
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood.

These are just a few off the top of my head, feel free to add
more.
ALSO Buckhead v.s. Bankhead & northside v.s. southside

Old 02-24-2011, 11:42 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,089,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapwizard View Post
ALSO Buckhead v.s. Bankhead & northside v.s. southside
Bankhead is probably better armed. Or was, anyway... Not sure what real difference the demolition of Bankhead Courts has made to the area.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:28 PM

Also

Buckhead vs Bankhead

North Schools vs Soth schools

Old 02-24-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Bankhead is probably better armed. Or was, anyway... Not sure what real difference the demolition of Bankhead Courts has made to the area.

Better armed by weapons.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,366 times
Default moving to atlanta from rochester

hello, i am a single mom who is relocating from rochester ny with daughter and mom. i am currently looking for jobs and somewhere to live. i was told college park was good. i am coming from my own home not an apartment. i would prefer a 3bdr house 2 baths and a nice yard. i dont want to be far from the stores or the malls. my mom likes to go to walmart and here we have a wegmans. 30 min commutes are not bad. i was told the commutes were hours. i plan to be in atlanta by october/ beginning nov. i dont have any small kids so school is no problem. coming to atlanta to be happier than i am in rochester.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:31 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deidraroc65 View Post
hello, i am a single mom who is relocating from rochester ny with daughter and mom. i am currently looking for jobs and somewhere to live. i was told college park was good. i am coming from my own home not an apartment. i would prefer a 3bdr house 2 baths and a nice yard. i dont want to be far from the stores or the malls. my mom likes to go to walmart and here we have a wegmans. 30 min commutes are not bad. i was told the commutes were hours. i plan to be in atlanta by october/ beginning nov. i dont have any small kids so school is no problem. coming to atlanta to be happier than i am in rochester.
You need to find a job and then choose an area with a reasonable commute in which to live.

There are many places to shop throughout the metro area. If you are planning to eventually buy a home you should allow yourself time to become familiar with Atlanta and then decide where you want to live. Generally, 3 BDR homes in safe areas begin around $200,000. That is not a hard and fast rule of course.

Fayette County--which is also on the southside of Atlanta has better schools than Clayton County/College Park.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:56 PM

2 posts, read 3,555 times
These Posts are several years old but thought I would give it a try....
According to what ATLHRLGUY says is helpful;
1. Budget - 175000 - 185000 looking to buy
2. House - single family
3. Praying for employment with the City of Atlanta - E911 Communications Center
4. Have three kids; 13 and under
5. would enjoy a mix of suburban (space between homes) but 10-15 minute access to shopping
6. Do not need public transit, as I enjoy commuting
7. we would love a younger, family friendly, safe community

OK with all that being said, does anyone have input on Lithia Springs or Dallas? I know they are not close but we like the Colonial Hills Christian School and Church and would like to live close to the area. We also have noticed the unbelieveable home prices in Dallas. What are the schools like in Dallas, or I guess Paulding County? I have been to the websites for the schools and the Dept of Education and read all through but it does not give personnal testimonies. Thank you for your help.
Dan

Old 02-27-2011, 12:29 AM

45 posts, read 81,440 times
How do I post my own thread can't find anything ???

Old 02-27-2011, 04:30 PM

45 posts, read 81,440 times
Found it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta