Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 04:28 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,677,856 times

Advertisements

I was at the Underground 9 years ago, ate dinner in the Mick's (is it still there?), recall a 99 cent store, the atmosphere seemed OK in the Underground but when we left my friend told me the park across the street was dangerous and the area was very dense with people and didn't feel safe. My friend pointed out some tall hotel (was that the Peachtree Plaza that was built in the 70's and was 70 stories?) and we were on a street near a Bertucci's, a theater, a 70's style office building that looked like the WTC, a Starbucks and an Army/Navy store. Around the corner my friend showed me a barber shop and i recall the street was called Luckie Street. What was the street called with the Bertucci's and the Starbucks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 04:46 PM

100 posts, read 190,504 times
This is very sad to hear because someones life was taken away from them.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:26 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,792,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
no doubt somebody will post a shame shame thread for mentioning the violence and say this thread is another vicious attack on the prosperity and ethnic culture of atlanta.
or a ballistic heat post accusing the police officer of blatant unncessary violence or a hate crime.
we all look at the same things but see something different. how strange.
when the violence is a problem for the people of the community of the violent, rather than a problem for visitors to the community, then and only then will it change.
i have a dream.
that's not my culture.I was raised in mostly middle class black clean neighborhoods.Who ever says that is disgracing themselves and the other majority of law abiding people of color

Old 10-04-2008, 08:46 PM

100 posts, read 190,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
no doubt somebody will post a shame shame thread for mentioning the violence and say this thread is another vicious attack on the prosperity and ethnic culture of atlanta.
or a ballistic heat post accusing the police officer of blatant unncessary violence or a hate crime.
we all look at the same things but see something different. how strange.
when the violence is a problem for the people of the community of the violent, rather than a problem for visitors to the community, then and only then will it change.
i have a dream.
Are you saying that all those inside that "community" are tolerant of the violence and only those who visit are affected by it??

Old 10-04-2008, 08:54 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,680,680 times
Underground is a joke

Old 10-06-2008, 09:01 AM

207 posts, read 940,103 times
Default Undrground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historic West End View Post
that is a great idea...

there needs to be some way to attract more stores to downtown atlanta. There used to be an Express in Underground Atlanta. Now there are no quality stores in that area. I really miss Macy's downtown as well.
Why would a quality business locate in West End, or Underground.
The crime rate causes their insurance to be so high they cannot turn a normal profit.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:44 AM

263 posts, read 1,132,443 times
maybe we should close some parts of north atlanta where those child molesters live

Old 10-06-2008, 11:48 AM

13 posts, read 36,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysnap View Post
Why would a quality business locate in West End, or Underground.
The crime rate causes their insurance to be so high they cannot turn a normal profit.

I don't even know what to say to that, but I will say the not so subtle racist undertones on this forum are very disappointing.

And certainly are a bad face for outsiders looking to find more information about Atlanta.

West end is a nice place to live and more businesses are coming in every day.

Atlanta will never be perceived as a "real city" if much of downtown is devoid of the day to day businesses that stay open after 5 PM such as dry cleaners, grocery stores, movie theaters, retail stores, etc..

Fortunately things are changing despite attitudes like yours.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:53 AM

16,691 posts, read 29,511,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Historic West End View Post
I don't even know what to say to that, but I will say the not so subtle racist undertones on this forum are very disappointing.

And certainly are a bad face for outsiders looking to find more information about Atlanta.

West end is a nice place to live and more businesses are coming in every day.

Atlanta will never be perceived as a "real city" if much of downtown is devoid of the day to day businesses that stay open after 5 PM such as dry cleaners, grocery stores, movie theaters, retail stores, etc..

Fortunately things are changing despite attitudes like yours.
Very good post.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:25 PM

13 posts, read 22,402 times
Both Underground and West End Mall should be shut down because they are too unsafe. Any place where innocent shoppers and tourists are being murdered by the local vagrants hanging around should be closed.

Underground can reopen once the area around it has been cleaned up from the criminal elements around there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta