Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 12:19 PM

14 posts, read 69,131 times

Advertisements

Sounds like Peachtree City is the best place for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2007, 12:28 PM

14 posts, read 69,131 times
to be more specific...

1. We have the number elementary school in the state. It has also received national awards. Kedron Elementary. My children attend.

2. There is a brand new Super Target in the Kedron Shopping Center. It also has a Starbucks inside.

3. The Avenue is the best upscale Shopping close by. Talbots, Williams and Sonoma, GAP, Coldwater Creek, Ann Taylor Loft, GAP kids, Bannana Republic...you get the idea

4. According to CNN Money we are one of the best places to live in the US.k And also one of the best places to buy now. 30269 is the Zip.

5. It takes me 30-45 minutes to get downtown (non rush hour). I work from home. Stay at homes moms are in the 60% range.

6. Peachtree City is almost built out. You can get a new home in the low 200's. OK neighborhood or in a John Wieland Nieghborhood starting in the Mid to upper 300's.

Not many national builders here beacuse of the restrictions and strict inspectors. Many good local builders that live in the area.

Hope this helps!

Old 01-18-2007, 12:30 PM

201 posts, read 1,072,155 times
Thanks for the responses! I think we're going to focus on Peachtree City. SAHM3 has been very helpful in giving me lots of great information!

My only concern (and this is because I want to maximize my time when actually going to look at homes in a few weeks) is that it seems that PTC has only old homes in my price range ($275-350...depending on our mtg rate and if the home is a must have). Is this assumption correct? The older homes typically under $400K and the newer homes (built in yr 2004+) are more?

I am zoning in on the Braelinn and Peeples Elem, Rising Star and Starrs Mill school districts. Any thoughts on Crabapple and Peachtree City elem schools? It appears from research that I can get more for my money in those districts but I do not want to sacrifice eduation for a nicer home.

Thanks so much for all your help! I love this forum!

Old 01-18-2007, 12:31 PM

201 posts, read 1,072,155 times
PTCMom - we were posting at the same time! Thanks so much for the extra information. I forgot about listing Kedron as one of our top three schools. I'd love to hear more about it.

Old 01-04-2009, 02:47 PM

3 posts, read 3,923 times
Hello, When we just moved to GA we lived in Cobb county we moved to Peachtree city for the good school system and truly enjoy this town. Our son finnished Middle school and Highschool.( he is now in College ) . My husband works at the airport and loves the drive. The drive from East Cobb to the airport will be awfull no matter what time . 285 or 75/85 are awfull . This is the time to buy in Peachtree City and I am pretty sure you will find a great home for your money . Let me know if you need more info about PTC.

Old 01-04-2009, 02:50 PM

3 posts, read 3,923 times
PS we live in Kedron and love it . It will also help your husbands driving time staying on the North Side of Peachtree City and closer to all the stores. ( Target, Kroger,Avenue,Wallmart etc ) . It will safe you a good 15min South side v North Side.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:27 PM

3 posts, read 4,504 times
We also are moving to the Atlanta area and my husband will be working at the airport at off hours 12p-10p. We like PTC, but what about Fayetteville? It's closer, but will homes keep their value? I have a child with special medical problems that we homeschool, but will need some reading help from the schools. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta