Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2008, 05:36 PM

8 posts, read 15,092 times

Advertisements

I 'm here in South Carolina, for ten years. Originally from New York City, I came here because I had just given birth to twins. Since then I have completed my Associates, and Bachelors. I cannot find a job, I'm so very afraid. I really feel that if someone would trust me, and give me a chance, meaning Employment I would be so very happy. I just dont know who to call, I have been online applying for jobs, and because of my location, I have not even gotten an Interview. I am a good mom, never been in trouble. I feel like I'm suficating, my children are old enough to know when I'm depressed, so i pretend that everything is ok, but inside I'm crying. Its not like I 'm asking for a hand out or anything I just need a start, if someone who would be willing to help me perhaps find a job and housing please trust me i would be forever greatful if i dont leave here I am goin to loose everything please help thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 05:46 PM

179 posts, read 1,209,095 times
Keep searching and don't give up! I don't know anything about law enforcement, but I would include a cover letter specifying and emphasizing your interest in the area. If you have family there or have lived there before mention it. Also, try following up by calling HR or anyone else's # you can find at that company. Call their home office and ask for HR. People have a harder time ignoring you over the phone.

Good luck!!

Old 04-28-2008, 05:53 PM

8 posts, read 15,092 times
Thank you sweetie I will not give up

Old 04-28-2008, 06:56 PM

16,700 posts, read 29,521,595 times
Default Atlanta Police Department (APD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon170 View Post
I 'm here in South Carolina, for ten years. Originally from New York City, I came here because I had just given birth to twins. Since then I have completed my Associates, and Bachelors. I cannot find a job, I'm so very afraid. I really feel that if someone would trust me, and give me a chance, meaning Employment I would be so very happy. I just dont know who to call, I have been online applying for jobs, and because of my location, I have not even gotten an Interview. I am a good mom, never been in trouble. I feel like I'm suficating, my children are old enough to know when I'm depressed, so i pretend that everything is ok, but inside I'm crying. Its not like I 'm asking for a hand out or anything I just need a start, if someone who would be willing to help me perhaps find a job and housing please trust me i would be forever greatful if i dont leave here I am goin to loose everything please help thank you.
APD (Atlanta Police Department) is in a hiring-spree right now! They are recruiting all over the country.

Look it up. Go for it!

Good jobs. Decent pay. Great benefits.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:18 PM

177 posts, read 973,294 times
Sharon 170,

I don't know if this would interest you or if there would be any jobs available right now but the Department of Corrections is moving to Forsyth (that's the town of Forsyth, NOT Forsyth county). I mean as I understand it the ENTIRE dept STATE dept of corrections is moving. I believe that there are going to be a lot of retirements because some people who live in the Atlanta area do not want to move to Forsyth. I would imagine that this is likely since some of them undoubtedly own homes and some may have spouses in jobs they don't want to leave.

Also, there is a State Prison in Jackson. I believe it's a kind of diagnostic prison. The grounds look very nice. Jackson is near enough to some of the smaller towns to commute.

Since I come from a totally different career background I have no clue whether working in a prison situation would be considered desireable or even the appropriate background, but I thought I'd toss these out as they seem POSSIBLY related to me.

Also, you might check with state listings for police officers and see if any of the CAMPUS police are hiring. We live near a state college in a tiny town and I KNOW there are women on the force. I believe that campus police are STATE police. Also, if you work in a SMALL college town, it might be a good environment for your kids.
I presume that you're looking at openings in towns, cities, counties, etc?

I realize you're writing to the Atlanta list, but if you can't find something in Atlanta, there may be opportunities outside of Atlanta.

All the best,
zebbie

Old 04-29-2008, 06:28 AM

16,700 posts, read 29,521,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deja-zebbie View Post
Sharon 170,

I don't know if this would interest you or if there would be any jobs available right now but the Department of Corrections is moving to Forsyth (that's the town of Forsyth, NOT Forsyth county). I mean as I understand it the ENTIRE dept STATE dept of corrections is moving. I believe that there are going to be a lot of retirements because some people who live in the Atlanta area do not want to move to Forsyth. I would imagine that this is likely since some of them undoubtedly own homes and some may have spouses in jobs they don't want to leave.

Also, there is a State Prison in Jackson. I believe it's a kind of diagnostic prison. The grounds look very nice. Jackson is near enough to some of the smaller towns to commute.

Since I come from a totally different career background I have no clue whether working in a prison situation would be considered desireable or even the appropriate background, but I thought I'd toss these out as they seem POSSIBLY related to me.

Also, you might check with state listings for police officers and see if any of the CAMPUS police are hiring. We live near a state college in a tiny town and I KNOW there are women on the force. I believe that campus police are STATE police. Also, if you work in a SMALL college town, it might be a good environment for your kids.
I presume that you're looking at openings in towns, cities, counties, etc?

I realize you're writing to the Atlanta list, but if you can't find something in Atlanta, there may be opportunities outside of Atlanta.

All the best,
zebbie

And Jackson is actually in the southern edge of Metro Atlanta. And Forsyth (the city, not county) is just south of the official Metro Atlanta area.

These locations are doable and close.

Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta