Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2008, 09:03 PM

938 posts, read 4,093,320 times

Advertisements

Very nice everybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 10:12 AM

22 posts, read 75,495 times
As a likely transplant, I really appreciate this thread. Have had a hard time getting good images of the city/neighborhoods on the web. This is great. Please keep posting Atlantans!

Old 07-22-2008, 03:59 PM

27 posts, read 77,014 times
I really like your pictures!
Do you also have some HQ which I could use as backround for my laptop?
I tried to finde some, I found a few but not good ones.

Does anyone of you live in Kirkwood? I would like to see pictures of that district too.

THANK YOU

Old 07-25-2008, 01:54 AM

39 posts, read 196,374 times
I got a lot more pics from my trip out to Atlanta last summer on my new site at Atlanta Georgia (http://atlantanetwork.ning.com/ - broken link) I will be moving out there next year. Figured it would be easier to put up a link then a 40+ pics.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:15 PM

96 posts, read 307,350 times
The Varsity on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/gotjenks/2618838821/ - broken link)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gotjenks/2619480047/ (broken link)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gotjenks/2619444399/ (broken link)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gotjenks/2619412153/ (broken link)

I did not know how to put a photo on the site but here are some photos that I took the last time I was at the Varsity.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:03 AM

39 posts, read 196,374 times
gotjenks-nice photos.

- I still don't know what the big draw for the Varsity. You got purposely rude girls on the register (I guess its part of the gimmick) the food is so greasy its almost inedible. But, you got your food fast, and me being on a health kick, greasy food was not the best idea anyways, lol.

- gotta love the Atlanta Donks! I do love the wheels! I prefer to drop my rides and drag them on the ground. but, me being a minitrucker I apprciate the custom wheels, paint job, etc..

- I love the Atlanta City Views!

Thanks for posting the pics.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:34 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,855,251 times
Ive been in TX almost five years now and miss Atlanta more everyday. Wish I were there and these pics don't help the hurt! Thanks for posting everyone, would like to see more neighborhood pics, how but some of the old classic homes in Buckhead?

Old 08-25-2008, 11:49 PM

32 posts, read 119,869 times
Question Where is that blvd in Alphartta?

I heard that is beatiful with lots of shades but has yet to find out. It may be close to North point mall ? I am not sure. Would like to ride a bicycle there or just walk.

Any pics will be much appreciated if you know what I am talking about.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:47 AM

481 posts, read 2,821,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laji01 View Post
I heard that is beatiful with lots of shades but has yet to find out. It may be close to North point mall ? I am not sure. Would like to ride a bicycle there or just walk.

Any pics will be much appreciated if you know what I am talking about.
Alpharetta? Maybe Club House Drive? It's in the Windward neighborhood (look on the map for Windward Parkway, Club House Drive, Lake Windward Drive, etc. it will be around Lake Windward).

It's pretty suburban and has a planned feel, like a park. Lots of trees and shady drives and a lake with boats.... it's a nice area, only problem is cookie-cutter house architecture.

Architecture is usually nicer closer or in the city.

Someone mentioned the Buckhead mansions. Buckhead and southern Sandy Springs have many beautiful mansions, but I won't be the one snooping around taking pictures...

Northside Drive, Mt. Paran Road, West Paces Ferry, Powers Ferry, Blackland Road, Tuxedo Drive, all those areas....

There's a monster house that's just wrapping up construction at Northside Drive and Riverview Road in Sandy Springs.... that thing is gargantuan. It looks like it could eat up the neighboring mansions. I couldn't believe it was allowed. Maybe that's John Porter's new house, the one that made a stir because of its size? (John Porter is a famous Atlanta architect, GA Tech grad, who is responsible for some of the famous skyscrapers in Atlanta).

Old 08-27-2008, 09:45 AM

23,450 posts, read 44,061,014 times
[/quote]Someone mentioned the Buckhead mansions. Buckhead and southern Sandy Springs have many beautiful mansions, but I won't be the one snooping around taking pictures...

Northside Drive, Mt. Paran Road, West Paces Ferry, Powers Ferry, Blackland Road, Tuxedo Drive, all those areas....

There's a monster house that's just wrapping up construction at Northside Drive and Riverview Road in Sandy Springs.... that thing is gargantuan. It looks like it could eat up the neighboring mansions. I couldn't believe it was allowed. Maybe that's John Porter's new house, the one that made a stir because of its size? (John Porter is a famous Atlanta architect, GA Tech grad, who is responsible for some of the famous skyscrapers in Atlanta).[/quote]

His name is John Portman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta