Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2009, 12:06 PM

136 posts, read 478,237 times

Advertisements

This is a great thread! These pictures are beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 05:16 PM

16 posts, read 48,554 times
Yes, I just subscibed to this thread and would love to see more pictures of Atlanta. It's so gorgeous the way the trees look during the spring, autumn and winter days. Ahhh..can't wait to see more pictures!

Old 03-31-2009, 11:13 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,409,871 times
Hi. I am here from the TX forum. Just browsing through certain forums and just wanted to say great pictures! I have never been to Atlanta but it seems beautiful. It reminds me of Houston. It seems these two cities are both quickly growing, urban, international cities. Same kind of architecture as well. It makes me want to visit Atlanta one day. Thanks for sharing your photos!

Old 04-06-2009, 07:02 PM

5 posts, read 12,143 times
GREAT THREAD!!!! loved the pics!

Old 04-07-2009, 11:45 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darekk View Post
guys,

any tips where are the best locations (exact spots) to take pictures of skyline as seen on the beautiful shots above? down and mid-town skyline, buckhead, dunwoody king and queen?

darekk
Derek - This is from an old post I made that pertains to Buckhead, in particular:

You should take a drive down Wieuca Road from behind Phipps. As soon as you cross the bridge over 400, there is a place where you can park on the left. Get out, and walk back to the bridge - the shots of the Buckhead skyline from there will blow your socks off!

Hope this helps. For the other locations, I would just drive around until you find an angle you like.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:47 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,418,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
Its interesting. It seems like the southside of many major American cities is the "bad, ghetto side" while the north being more properous, busy, and affluent. Certainly Chicagos like that, I believe Dallas is as well. Anyone know any major exceptions?
There are some cities where the south is not the "ghetto". Denver is quite the opposite as is Salt Lake City. Seattle isn't like that, with both the south and northern areas not as nice as the eastern portion. San Francisco isn't either, San Francisco's wealthiest areas are to the south. Minneapolis isn't, with the southern and western portions being the most affluent. New York City isn't that way, it is just a mixed bag all over, even in the suburban areas of New Jersey and Connecticut. Cleveland isn't like that with all of the outlying areas to the south, east, and west being relatively affluent. If you think about it there are many examples, but it is true that most major cities grew from the south to the north so most of the older areas are in decay and have been taken over by poorer people over time.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:19 PM

573 posts, read 2,505,424 times
Druid Hills:
The Perfect Fall II by ~legs1357 on deviantART
The Perfect Fall by ~legs1357 on deviantART

Downtown:
Downtown and Up by ~legs1357 on deviantART

Emory:
The Desolate 10th Floor by ~legs1357 on deviantART (library)
Christmas At The Hospital by ~legs1357 on deviantART (hospital)
Urban Glow by ~legs1357 on deviantART (research building)

I would post them up here but there are always concerns about art theft. Sorry guys!

Old 05-02-2009, 09:37 PM

110 posts, read 438,721 times
my set atl downtown
Atlanta downtown - a set on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/nycjoe/sets/72157604645966635/ - broken link)

Old 05-09-2009, 12:34 AM

2 posts, read 7,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Ok Bob - you said to start it and you'd do a sticky for it.

Here's the Atlanta photo thread. Post photos you've taken of places in and around the immediate Atlanta area. Homes, roads, traffic, smog, attractions, parks, etc. Nothing generic that could be just anywhere (flowers, etc), but photos that depict Atlanta specifically.

Try to keep them at a reasonable size (under 900 pixels, NOT full resolution) so that people with slower connections won't have to wait a month to see them.

NOTE: Photos should be taken by YOU only! Do NOT post or link to photos online that have been taken by anyone other than yourself ( for legal copywrite reasons) or they should be removed.

NOTE: Also note that photos are the property of those who took them, and should not be used by anyone else without the written permission of those who took them.

Starting off with a couple of mine, taken within the last year or so....

The Georgia Aquarium:

Inside "The Tube" under the Whale Shark tank at the Aquarium:

Entrance to "The Vortex" restaurant in the funky Little Five Points neighborhood:

Ok, that's mine for now. Sticky away, Bob! Everyone join in!
I used to live in Atlanta and the Vortex had the best burgers! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:48 PM

139 posts, read 313,988 times
Inman Park Festival a couple weeks ago..

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta