Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2009, 09:32 PM

5 posts, read 48,346 times

Advertisements

Took this on Freedom Parkway:

And I found it hilarious that someone favorited this on Flickr, this was after the fireworks at Lenox, taken from the top of the W Buckhead...soon after, an ambulance attempted to get through and I was so glad we didn't drive there bahaha:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 08:52 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,435,178 times
Took some great pictures of Centennial Park on Veterans Day. It really is beautiful and larger than I thought. Will limit the number of pictures I show tho I have a ton coz I seem to have choked the system with some earlier .

Hope you liked. I got so many great pics it was tough to pick just a few favorites.

Last edited by Galounger; 11-19-2009 at 09:25 PM..

Old 12-11-2009, 04:59 PM

A Saturday Night at Atlantic Station and on the way.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:00 PM

And more Saturday Night at Atlantic Station. Including the train and shuttle ride to.

Last edited by Galounger; 12-11-2009 at 05:19 PM..

Old 12-12-2009, 12:24 PM

631 posts, read 1,227,699 times
NIces pics man

Old 12-12-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoy21 View Post
NIces pics man
Thanks. I figured out how to use antishake while in night mode half way through my picture taking so half the pictures are a little blurry but I was trying to capture the energy of the place and I think I did.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:31 PM

2 posts, read 6,177 times
I like all photos. Atlanta is beatiful city!

Old 12-21-2009, 12:35 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
I was trying to capture the energy of the place and I think I did.

Yes, you did. Great job!!

Old 12-23-2009, 07:47 PM

840 posts, read 2,085,706 times
Heres a few Pics I have taken around town.

Downtown Douglassville

Old 01-05-2010, 04:31 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,817,146 times
All the pics are great!!

Wanted to upload a few of my own neighborhood. I live in English Avenue, which gets a bad wrap but is not as horrible as people think it is. I take most of my pics during just regular old days so they are not anything special. These were recent, so it was cold out, which explains the lack of leaves and leaves on the ground etc. I just walked around for exercise as contrary to what a lot of people think, I won't get killed walking around my neighborhood and most of the people who live around here are pretty nice.

The new neighborhood sign

Some shots of English Ave itself, I live on this street

The old English Avenue Elementary School. They are suppose to be turning it into something sooner or later. I heard a medical center as well as a community center but it hasn't been settled. According to some older residents it was the first elementary school to be integrated in Atlanta and is an historical building so the neighborhood association as well as some preservation groups around the city don't want to have it demolished. The trees are beautiful in front of it in autumn and spring also.

This building is on the corner of English and Hollowell Pkwy(Bankhead) it used to be a library but is now some sort of construction company.

Part of downtown from about a block from my house

The infamous Brawley Dr at d'Algivny St. The whole street is not horrible, this section is a couple blocks north of the part that is bad though where the drug dealers and prostitutes hang out.

Some more houses on Brawley, most of them are vacant because of the foreclosre crisis.

English Avenue again near the school

Another vacant house on English Ave.

Another house that isn't vacant

A vacant house, I think on Griffin St or near there, I took this pic because I was surprised that the AC unit was still at the house with all the copper plundering going on all around the west part of Atlanta and really the whole city in general, usually the vacant houses get hit first.

Griffin St

d'Alvigny St

an apartment on/near d'Alvigny St

Fox St

The back end of the houses on Fox St near Hollowell Pkwy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta