Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 07:50 PM

16,708 posts, read 29,546,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post
Imagine a poor little boy (North Fulton) being raised by his father (Fulton County) who supported him financially when is in need. Later this little boy became rich and wanted to move out of his father's roof and become independent (Milton County), but the father is not allowing this to happen and will hold on to his rich adult son to financially support him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post
The rich adult son (Future Milton County) now wants the all things that his dad has (Fulton County).

He wants his own 4000 sq/ft 6 bed / 5 bath house with a side entry 3 Car Garage on an acre lot, he wants his own small satellite airport, and he wants is own job center up north. He wants break out of his dad's roof and he demands independence. The rich adult son no longer wants to financially support his dad.
If I had an ungrateful, selfish son such as this, he would get a whoopin' like you wouldn't believe...!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 08:57 PM

957 posts, read 3,358,468 times
hahaha.
C'mon aries, would you like to be an Asian dad and have your 40 year old son who is still single living with you?

This is one thing I like about "white" familes. Once you turn 21 son, you need to find a job and move out of the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
If I had an ungrateful, selfish son such as this, he would get a whoopin' like you wouldn't believe...!

Old 04-18-2012, 03:11 PM

Ridesmart, Checked out the Highlands by Ashtonwoods today and these 25 homes will not have any problems selling through in the $400ks. Their model home "Cambridge" is up and the home is beautiful. Crazy thing is that Ashton Woods flew in their stagers all the way from Costa Mesa, CA (Orange County). From what I have observed, John Wieland and Ashton Woods are the best builders here in the north side and they are both bringing in southern california floor plans, and look and feel here to Johns Creek.

Ridesmart.. Good luck trying to get a discount on a new home like this in the Johns Creek, 30097 address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridesmart View Post
Happen to check on Highlands by Ashtonwoods. They are very strict. No negotiation. Take it or leave it. Kind of US policy with high jackers. Good luck ashtronwoods!!

Old 04-18-2012, 04:41 PM

34 posts, read 83,914 times
Are the Highlands zoned for Chattahoochee High or Northview?

Old 04-18-2012, 05:09 PM

Northview baby! Findley oaks and river trail.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:59 AM

34 posts, read 83,914 times
Thanks. Looks like a a nice development. Wish it was swim/tennis, but understand why.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:54 PM

Yes, Wilful this is true. It feels like a complete different market when i was looking for a home in JC in 2009 &? 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
We live in Suwanee (Gwinnett) and went out this weekend to look at housing in the $200-$250M rangte in Johns creek and South Forsyth. There did not seem to be a lot of inventory available and realtors and builders we met with indicated we needed to move fast if we saw something we liked. Much different attitude than a year ago. Is this real and has the market turned or is this just hype on the part of the salespersons we met.

Would love to hear what others think about the housing market at this time. Mr Panda are you out there?

Old 04-20-2012, 08:25 PM

5 posts, read 7,712 times
I agree Highlands will eventually sell out, but I don't think it will happen very quickly. Their presale started weeks ago; I don't think they've sold a single unit yet. Their prices are what I consider fair but a tad bit more expensive than what makes people instantly commit. In this housing environment people are still looking for deals.

Again I like their offerings at highlands, but it will take time to sell.

As to realtors and builders indicating one needs to move fast, well I honestly won't expect them to say anything differently regardless of what environment we are in. That's how they make a living.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:54 PM

16,708 posts, read 29,546,721 times
mrpanda,

I thought you might be interested in this presentation--and it may be helpful for this thread:

http://www.fultonschools.org/redistr...esentation.pdf

Old 04-21-2012, 02:31 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,692,238 times
Johns Creek has crime! I thought it was so perfect.

Man shot in Johns Creek *| ajc.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta