Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Indonesia 55 47.41%
Philippines 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 05:03 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,861,266 times

Advertisements

I would recommend either Ilocano or Ilonggo cuisine. These dishes are not too greasy and carry lots of flavor. My favorites are longganisa Batac, chorizo Bacolod recado, pinakbet and pastillas de leche.

Old 11-10-2013, 07:21 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,653,159 times
^chicken abado is a must try if one go to Philippines.

But for those who are in fear of missing pork on their meal while being in Indonesia, Balinese sucking pork and honey pork rib is good, satay babi, babi kecap and fried pork are awesome.

(Babi=pork)

Old 11-10-2013, 07:32 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,653,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelismaticEchoes View Post
I couldn't agree more. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) The heads of the grossly bias, ethnocentric, and ignorant folks in here should be falling off, as much as they're shaking them at anyone who does NOT advocate for their ridiculous notions. Lol!*¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unfortunately people like you and I accept and speak the truth.

Philippines has so much influence and extension from Mexico City and Madrid, Spain, and in addition helped to influence and had connections with places like Spanish Louisiana and Cuba and Mexico and Spain.

Phillipines is like an extension of Spain and Latin America embedded in archipelagos and lands that people and geograophers and topographers happen to just group with and categorize as being part of Asia and/or as Asian and Mongoloid.

Phillipines is a proud cooperating and thriving member of La Hispanidad and has a Royal Academy of Spanish Languages and Lingustics in conjunction with Spain to carry on and promote this rich Spanish and Hispanic/Latino legacy.

Unfortunately, self hatred and a pathetic ignormauses and outsiders don't want to accept the truth. So it's good that you know what's up.
Im sure those self hatred outsiders are not here, now bugger off and believe yourself as whatever you things to go on. I wonder why you people don't like accepting the fact that there are Asian element inside you despite its colonial heritage. If that makes you feel better than suit yourself.

Last edited by Goshio22; 11-10-2013 at 07:43 PM..

Old 11-15-2013, 10:26 PM

12 posts, read 34,549 times
A Complete list of the 50 most delicious foods (cnn version) can be found at

http://travel.cnn.com/explorations/e...12321?page=0,0

It said Indonesia’s rendang and nasi goreng crowned world’s most delicious foods. Rendang and nasi goreng outranked Japanese Sushi and Ramen, Thailand’s Pad Tai and Som Tam, Hong Kong’s Dim Sum, Chinese Pecking Duck, Italy’s Lasagna and Gelato, U.S Ice Cream, France’s Croissant, and other delicacies around the world.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:09 PM

8 posts, read 26,318 times
Cities: I like Indonesian cities better because it is beautiful and green.

Culture: Indonesia

Scenery: Indonesia

Nature: Indonesia

Beaches: Philippines

Food: Indonesian by miles,

People: Indonesians, both are very friendly but i found Indonesian to be more honest, generous and less scammy.

Entertainment: Philippines for bad dirty stuff, Indonesia for crazy nightlife

Ease of travel: Philippines is better because most are stuck in Luzon making it easier to travel around, the attraction in Indonesia is way too scattered but better in terms of tourism infrastructure.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:35 PM

199 posts, read 336,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelismaticEchoes View Post
I couldn't agree more. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) The heads of the grossly bias, ethnocentric, and ignorant folks in here should be falling off, as much as they're shaking them at anyone who does NOT advocate for their ridiculous notions. Lol!*¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unfortunately people like you and I accept and speak the truth.

Philippines has so much influence and extension from Mexico City and Madrid, Spain, and in addition helped to influence and had connections with places like Spanish Louisiana and Cuba and Mexico and Spain.

Phillipines is like an extension of Spain and Latin America embedded in archipelagos and lands that people and geograophers and topographers happen to just group with and categorize as being part of Asia and/or as Asian and Mongoloid.

Phillipines is a proud cooperating and thriving member of La Hispanidad and has a Royal Academy of Spanish Languages and Lingustics in conjunction with Spain to carry on and promote this rich Spanish and Hispanic/Latino legacy.

Unfortunately, self hatred and a pathetic ignormauses and outsiders don't want to accept the truth. So it's good that you know what's up.
The colonial mentality is strong in this one. It's ironic because those Filipinos with colonial mentality are actually the ones with self-hatred for not acknowledging their shared Austronesian roots with Indonesia and Malaysia. It's funny how they let 300 years of Spanish rule simply erase a millennia of thriving pre-colonial Austronesian society in the Philippine archipelago.

Unlike Latin America, the Philippines has proudly managed to keep its native languages (Tagalog, Cebuano, Ilocano, etc.) alive but with some adoption of Spanish vocabulary. But remember folks, it's the grammar/syntax that forms the backbone of the language, not its vocabulary!

Old 01-25-2014, 01:07 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,112,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanjelman7 View Post
The colonial mentality is strong in this one. It's ironic because those Filipinos with colonial mentality are actually the ones with self-hatred for not acknowledging their shared Austronesian roots with Indonesia and Malaysia. It's funny how they let 300 years of Spanish rule simply erase a millennia of thriving pre-colonial Austronesian society in the Philippine archipelago.

Unlike Latin America, the Philippines has proudly managed to keep its native languages (Tagalog, Cebuano, Ilocano, etc.) alive but with some adoption of Spanish vocabulary. But remember folks, it's the grammar/syntax that forms the backbone of the language, not its vocabulary!
Philippines is no longer an Austronesian culture country only, I am Filipino. Self hatred? Can you please explain it even if we tried to explain already that we are proud with our Austronesian culture but also proud of what culture we have right now. I don't hate our national costume, music, dance, surnames, religion.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:28 PM

199 posts, read 336,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
Philippines is no longer an Austronesian culture country only, I am Filipino. Self hatred? Can you please explain it even if we tried to explain already that we are proud with our Austronesian culture but also proud of what culture we have right now. I don't hate our national costume, music, dance, surnames, religion.
I was referring to the self-hatred/hypocrisy expressed in the above-quoted individual, who makes it seem that the Spanish "saved" the Philippines with the bringing of its Hispanic culture. I am sure he/she wishes that the Philippines never gained independence and instead become an annexed territory of Spain.

I am also referring to the kind of self-hatred in which anything Austronesian-related is frowned upon, such as loathing a "native" sounding last name instead of a Spanish last name.

etc. etc.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:40 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanjelman7 View Post
I was referring to the self-hatred/hypocrisy expressed in the above-quoted individual, who makes it seem that the Spanish "saved" the Philippines with the bringing of its Hispanic culture. I am sure he/she wishes that the Philippines never gained independence and instead become an annexed territory of Spain.

I am also referring to the kind of self-hatred in which anything Austronesian-related is frowned upon, such as loathing a "native" sounding last name instead of a Spanish last name.

etc. etc.
It is my own choice if I loathe Austronesian sounding last name. I am entitled to. I am not a hypocrite so I am honest on my opinion. For me, it really does NOT sound good at all. Try to compare Maclang, Dimaitim, Sunga, Macalalag, Kabugao, Kalayaw etc to Perez, Martinez, Gonzalez, de los Santos, de la Paz, Fernandez. If you favour the Austronesian names, it is your right... But don't question me for loathing the Austronesian names.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:43 PM

4 posts, read 6,408 times
Indonesia hands down

virgin white sanded beaches and islands, great diving spots, awesome volcanoes, awesome tracking spots,awesome tropical forest reserve parks, awesome food, smiling welcoming populace, huge temple sites (borobudur and prambenan), culturally very diverse and rich

i didn't find any places in Philly appealing, but i would easily settle and live in Bali
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia