Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Indonesia 55 47.41%
Philippines 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 09:29 PM

5 posts, read 58,904 times

Advertisements

personally i think Indonesia is better because its larger and have many interesting places, Indonesian culture is more appealing and more interesting which gave them the advantage.

Food is definitely better too

Old 10-04-2013, 05:38 AM

29 posts, read 102,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Why dump ? These are nice. Like it makes you feel like existing in those times especially in the painting where men and women were having a picnic outside so nostalgic. What I also love is that they were still written in Espanol, it sounds more interesting than English.
Eh, semantics. You can use dump to mean offloading a lot of something, and it has less of a negative connotation in programming/computer science circles.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:08 AM

3 posts, read 22,573 times
Been to both countries, but i like The Philippines better.
Natural attractions are almost the same being both archipelagos, but Philippine tourist sites are much more compact or closer to each other than it is in Indonesia, thus easier to navigate, plus English is widely spoken. I also think Philippines has better beaches than Indonesia although the latter has twice more islands.
In terms of culture, Indonesia is more exotic than the Philippines. Indonesia is an islamic country, while the Philippines is a catholic/christian nation, which is heavily westernised. But both are highly diverse.
Food-is equally good.
Shopping-both have huge shopping centres.
People-both countries have super friendly people but Filipinos are more open and social.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:59 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,742,367 times
^ those carvings are truly more "native" more Austronesian, while the Indonesian carvings on this page show Indian and Mainland Asian influence

Old 10-07-2013, 08:21 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
Philippines

Rizal Memorial Library and Museum

Cebu Arch. Museum

Casa Gorordo Museum, Cebu City

Silliman University and Anthropology Museum, Dumaguete City

Inside the Silliman Anthropology Museum

Ayala Museum, Makati City

Inside Ayala Museum

Philippine National Museum

Love the Museum... Love those statues, look like European architecture

Old 10-07-2013, 09:37 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,334,657 times
I would vote Philippines because it is a more socially liberal society. I wouldn't want to travel to a country with a large Muslim population because of how radical and restrictive they can be.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:44 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,653,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I would vote Philippines because it is a more socially liberal society. I wouldn't want to travel to a country with a large Muslim population because of how radical and restrictive they can be.
that is very rude, but i wouldn't say you are 100% wrong and i think Muslims is not as terrible as you think they are....

the general Muslim population in Indonesia are pretty open and liberal, especially those living in the city... but there are existing religious radical sect (FPI) which are hated by the society of Indonesia

and Indonesia is not and Islamic country, most of its population is Muslim but religion do not play any role in rules and politic (except radical Aceh separatist in Sumatera) and most other religion co-exist perfectly fine, alcohol is freely distributed and gambling is legal... pork is sold in many of its supermarket and there is no issue for the local eating in non-halal place (they usually just avoid pork)

Indonesia is not Dubai, where the police would beat you up for eating in public during the fasting month

and i don't think Philippines is liberal country since most of its population is very religious, but they're very open and welcoming people

Last edited by Goshio22; 10-07-2013 at 09:53 AM..

Old 10-07-2013, 11:43 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,334,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
that is very rude, but i wouldn't say you are 100% wrong and i think Muslims is not as terrible as you think they are....

the general Muslim population in Indonesia are pretty open and liberal, especially those living in the city... but there are existing religious radical sect (FPI) which are hated by the society of Indonesia

and Indonesia is not and Islamic country, most of its population is Muslim but religion do not play any role in rules and politic (except radical Aceh separatist in Sumatera) and most other religion co-exist perfectly fine, alcohol is freely distributed and gambling is legal... pork is sold in many of its supermarket and there is no issue for the local eating in non-halal place (they usually just avoid pork)

Indonesia is not Dubai, where the police would beat you up for eating in public during the fasting month

and i don't think Philippines is liberal country since most of its population is very religious, but they're very open and welcoming people
It is nice to hear Indonesia is not not like the middle east. Putting restrictions on what people can drink or eat is so inhumane in my opinion. I love to eat pork, and shellfish, and drink beer. Any country I couldn't do this in is pretty much going to be off my radar. lol. I will keep Indonesia in mind for the future though.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Philippines

Cebu Waterfront

Inside the San Sebastian Church

Malate Church

Vigan

Dipolog City

Cebu

Pampanga

Pasig City, Metro Manila

University of Santo Tomas

I love the architecture of Universidad de Sto. Tomas... Looks so old, classic and European. The first school Spain built... Just wondering why it is already in English, my Alma Mater is still in Spanish though the name is very long. UST should maintain the Spanish name.

Last edited by Hermosaa; 10-07-2013 at 07:04 PM..

Old 10-08-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Philippines

Fuente Carriedo

The Old Banco Monte de Piedad
Love the Monte de Piedad building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia