Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2009, 06:24 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,023,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crsmith View Post
I've lived in Clinton, NC for 3 years now and agree with you 100%. I would go so far as to say the people here are 'cordial', but not friendly or wiling to make friends with an 'outsider' even if I'm not a northerner.

I read this thread because we are thinking of moving to ABQ. I'd have to get a job first so it won't be anytime soon.

We've visited NM and ABQ several times and always found the people very friendly and outgoing. And I'm not only speaking of the hotel staff or restaurant wait staff. The folks we stopped and ask directions of, the gas stations workers, the people we chatted with in the bars were all easy going, nice people who wanted to tell us all about the area. We really liked ABQ.

Sooo, anybody know of any job openings in the computer field?
I'm a damn good data systems analyst/project manager/report writer.

I've lived here in ABQ for almost 5 years now and have only met and chatted with 1 neighbor in all those years and I have lived in several different places since I have been here, people keep to themselves here too and are not that interested in making new friends, not that I want new friends, but you get what Im saying.

I have lived in my current apartment complex for almost 2 years now and and I rarely see a neighbor and when I do they dont say hi and I dont either, the only time I had an interaction with a neighbor was when I banged on the celing for them to stop making noise and then they showed up at my door asking me not to call the cops cause they were obviously underage and I was pissed.

my whole life growing up in a small town we never interacted as neighbors, us kids would hang out but the adults in the area never talked to each other, maybe its not just a Southern thing but a normal everday thing.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:23 PM

713 posts, read 1,845,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
I've lived here in ABQ for almost 5 years now and have only met and chatted with 1 neighbor in all those years and I have lived in several different places since I have been here, people keep to themselves here too and are not that interested in making new friends, not that I want new friends, but you get what Im saying.

I have lived in my current apartment complex for almost 2 years now and and I rarely see a neighbor and when I do they dont say hi and I dont either, the only time I had an interaction with a neighbor was when I banged on the celing for them to stop making noise and then they showed up at my door asking me not to call the cops cause they were obviously underage and I was pissed.

my whole life growing up in a small town we never interacted as neighbors, us kids would hang out but the adults in the area never talked to each other, maybe its not just a Southern thing but a normal everday thing.
I didn't talk to my neighbors for a few years after I moved into my house. Then I decided to just say Hi and I've made some good friends and people to watch my house when I'm gone. You can't always wait for someone else to make the first move.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborick View Post
I didn't talk to my neighbors for a few years after I moved into my house. Then I decided to just say Hi and I've made some good friends and people to watch my house when I'm gone. You can't always wait for someone else to make the first move.

you are correct, I was just trying to make a point that its like that here too and not just in the South.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:39 PM

434 posts, read 1,106,180 times
Im sorry I can not follow that post.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:26 AM

1,732 posts, read 4,449,419 times
OMG, not a mattress store!

" People here are the down to earth types who judge each other constantly based on economic status: "

and then:

" it has allowed a MATTRESS STORE to rent a space. I'm sorry, that is soooo LOW CLASS!! "

Pot, meet kettle.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:41 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,361,454 times
Hmmm, I have never met a "down to earth" person who judged others.
I consider myself to be down to earth, what you see is what you get. Don't like me, well that is fine. You don't have to. I am not into material things, could care less if my next door neighbor makes $20k or 200k a year.
BTW honey, you'll be a "old person" one day.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:42 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,361,454 times
I wonder where the Mattress stores should be moved to?

Old 10-09-2009, 12:45 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times
You know what makes me unhappy about Albuquerque? Certain recurring posters on City-data with such absurdly narrow definitions as to what life should be, that they can't help but be miserable no matter where they live and feel that the only release for that sad condition is to berate others for feeling differently.

ABQConvict

Old 10-09-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
You know what makes me unhappy about Albuquerque? Certain recurring posters on City-data with such absurdly narrow definitions as to what life should be, that they can't help but be miserable no matter where they live and feel that the only release for that sad condition is to berate others for feeling differently.

ABQConvict

good one , all of the wannabe New Mexicans on this board are the first ones to attack someone who dosent share the same views.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
I wonder where the Mattress stores should be moved to?

to another strip mall

mattress stores and strip malls go hand in hand, too bad strip clubs arnt based in strip malls, then I could purchase a mattress, eat at Subway, get a haircut then hit up the strip club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque