Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2012, 08:40 PM

3,102 posts, read 5,622,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
Come on. A very tiny percentage have been beaten or killed by their American parents. Want to know how many are beaten by orphanage staff? Want to know how many die in orphanages due to lack of food or medical care? An article I read said that in the past fifteen years over 1200 who were adopted by RUSSIANS have been killed by their parents. Why don't they stop all adoptions to Russians?
They are adopted Russian adoptive families in Russia more than anyone! Expenses for one child in an orphanage in the month of 1000do $ 10,000. I know not by hearsay, a friend working at the orphanage! Because of these costs in Russia and practiced very successful adoption. State foster care easier to finance than the child to keep the children's - house. Russia has not decided to set it to the show, as they do in the U.S.. You better learn how battered children in American orphanages. American adoptive parents can not adopt children in America for several reasons - one very long wait. 2 can not be tested for psychological respectively (in other words, it is not mentally healthy people)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
This bill will mean certain death for many orphans (particularly those with special needs.) It just disgusts me that they treat their children how they do, and then they go and do stuff like this. This is one reason why we are not adopting from Russia.
This bill will mean that these children will live! Shall not you think that these children would be better off in America, with mentally not normal parents? It is the right bill. I I know whereof I speak. I have many friends who have adopted children, and even my parents have adopted three children.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:16 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,748,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
I believe you, but you do not understand me! Why the death of children who have been killed or ....... perpetrators have not condemned? If it would have been an American child, these parents would sit all his life in prison.
But they have been sentenced to prison, many for 25 years to life.

Russian Murder Cases of Children Have Been by an Adoptive Parent

I hope you can read the link but I hope the mods will provide some leeway here since I know many website are blocked in Russia.

Examples:

"Dennis Merryman.... Both parents, Samuel and Donna Merryman, were arrested and charged with manslaughter and first degree child abuse resulting in death and reckless endangerment.

Nina Hilt......May 25, 2006, Peggy Hilt was sentenced to 25 years in prison for the murder of her daughter"

Most of the more recent cases are still being tried, and/or appealed.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:35 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,090,287 times
I didn't want to go here, but I will. These kids will face death if they are not adopted. OK, not all of the kids, but many will. Here are two pictures of one girl. She's an orphan in Russia. The first picture is before she was transferred to a mental institution. The second picture is after. She has Down Syndrome, and they are almost always sent to a mental institution between the ages of four and five. This is the fate of so many orphans with special needs. There are many, many more of these pictures of other kids, too. This is not abnormal. This girl already doesn't have much hope because she lives in a region of the country that will not adopt to Americans. By the way, many American families would love to have the chance to adopt her.

Children without special needs usually fare better. However, those who aren't adopted have terrible survival statistics.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:03 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,489,784 times
Quote:
I believe you, but you do not understand me! Why the death of children who have been killed or ....... perpetrators have not condemned? If it would have been an American child, these parents would sit all his life in prison.
I just read yesterday that there have been 60,000 adoptions from Russia since 1990. there have been 19 deaths. Russia's infant mortality rate is 7.1 per 1000 babies. That would have been 426 dead kids. That number dosen't even include those who do not reach adulthood in Russia, where they have a much lower rate of children reaching adulthood than in the U.S. The number then is probably something north of 700. 19 vs 700. You know math? That's a huge difference.
And your accusations are completely irrelevant anyway. As sad as the 19 deaths are, they are 19 out of 60,000. There's no such thing as 100% security. But 19 out of 60,000 is pretty darn good. 99.99...%.. is as close as you can possibly get.
Face it. The adoptions saved the lives of hundreds of children. Of course you won't admit any failure of the Russian state. Nobody in Russia ever has. But it becomes evident when you look at the numbers.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:54 AM

Quote:
I didn't want to go here, but I will. These kids will face death if they are not adopted. OK, not all of the kids, but many will. Here are two pictures of one girl. She's an orphan in Russia. The first picture is before she was transferred to a mental institution. The second picture is after. She has Down Syndrome, and they are almost always sent to a mental institution between the ages of four and five. This is the fate of so many orphans with special needs. There are many, many more of these pictures of other kids, too. This is not abnormal. This girl already doesn't have much hope because she lives in a region of the country that will not adopt to Americans. By the way, many American families would love to have the chance to adopt her.

Children without special needs usually fare better. However, those who aren't adopted have terrible survival statistics.
We wanted to take? But in real life they are adopted only healthy children, patients often adopt the name of Russian parents.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:03 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,842,244 times
Quote:
You also do not understand me. No, they become U.S. citizens only on paper, not more.

With all due respect, you are obviously not familiar with the U.S. Constitution and adoption law.

Quote:
This bill will mean that these children will live! Shall not you think that these children would be better off in America, with mentally not normal parents? It is the right bill. I I know whereof I speak. I have many friends who have adopted children, and even my parents have adopted three children.
That's wonderful, and I mean that sincerely. I hope, then, that all of Russia's children will be adopted by your fellow countrymen and the orphanages closed. Finding loving homes for these children is the ultimate goal and if you can do it without international assistance, then that's how you should proceed.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
I just read yesterday that there have been 60,000 adoptions from Russia since 1990. there have been 19 deaths. Russia's infant mortality rate is 7.1 per 1000 babies. That would have been 426 dead kids. That number dosen't even include those who do not reach adulthood in Russia, where they have a much lower rate of children reaching adulthood than in the U.S. The number then is probably something north of 700. 19 vs 700. You know math? That's a huge difference.
And your accusations are completely irrelevant anyway. As sad as the 19 deaths are, they are 19 out of 60,000. There's no such thing as 100% security. But 19 out of 60,000 is pretty darn good. 99.99...%.. is as close as you can possibly get.
Face it. The adoptions saved the lives of hundreds of children. Of course you won't admit any failure of the Russian state. Nobody in Russia ever has. But it becomes evident when you look at the numbers.
How many such cases in the U.S.? 60,000? I know that, but it's minuscule that it adopt Russian families. This law is not against American parents, but against U.S. law.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
But they have been sentenced to prison, many for 25 years to life.

Russian Murder Cases of Children Have Been by an Adoptive Parent

I hope you can read the link but I hope the mods will provide some leeway here since I know many website are blocked in Russia.

Examples:

"Dennis Merryman.... Both parents, Samuel and Donna Merryman, were arrested and charged with manslaughter and first degree child abuse resulting in death and reckless endangerment.

Nina Hilt......May 25, 2006, Peggy Hilt was sentenced to 25 years in prison for the murder of her daughter"

Most of the more recent cases are still being tried, and/or appealed.
How about the fact that, following the conviction of mitigated sentence, later canceled altogether?

Old 12-27-2012, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
With all due respect, you are obviously not familiar with the U.S. Constitution and adoption law.

That's wonderful, and I mean that sincerely. I hope, then, that all of Russia's children will be adopted by your fellow countrymen and the orphanages closed. Finding loving homes for these children is the ultimate goal and if you can do it without international assistance, then that's how you should proceed.
Explain please? that this law? And how about that every state has its own laws, it can act to all states?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption