Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 10:31 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,203,422 times

Advertisements

Just curious, are the folks having lock ups on dial up by any chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
lol, well,,, a hillbilly can hitch up his mules, button up his overalls, and travel out of the hollers ya know, and maybe see some of the big city life, where these mob ladies frequent?
Oh, well this ole hillbilly has lived a good bit in civilization, to the likes of Miami, Chicago, Atlanta, and oddly enough, I found civilization so very uncivilized. (chuckling) Be sure to pop into the Valparaiso popcorn fest or make sure you spray pam on the bottom of a plastic round sled before you hit Dune State Park or even Warren Dunes. The American Siberian plains can be fun when taken in moderation. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 10:48 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,065,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post

Oh, well this ole hillbilly has lived a good bit in civilization, to the likes of Miami, Chicago, Atlanta, and oddly enough, I found civilization so very uncivilized. (chuckling) Be sure to pop into the Valparaiso popcorn fest or make sure you spray pam on the bottom of a plastic round sled before you hit Dune State Park or even Warren Dunes. The American Siberian plains can be fun when taken in moderation. :-)
That's a thought - regarding the dial up possible situation...

As to the civilized civilizations,,, lol, no argument there However, I do have a great affinity for Chi-town, great people, food, scenery, atmosphere. Yea, the Val popcorn fest, missed it and the hot air balloons, but don't forget the Marshmallow Fest! As to the Dunes - oh yea, love that place... Excellent surprise first time ever seeing such. And yea, LOL, we did bring the snow pots . Might steal, errrr ehum, borrow that term, American Siberian plains

ps: might check out this, if in the area sometime again? https://www.city-data.com/forum/other...weekend-2.html

PSS: ok, back from hijacking again!!!
As penance, I offer another potential helpful link: Is Firefox on Mac Unusable? - O'Reilly ONLamp Blog

lol - in reading one of the posts [3rd one, ed | August 11, 2007 05:38 AM ] I must confess that I am a tab junkie... this week for example [and this is not unusual for me] I had 4 windows, one w/ 64 tabs, another w/ 34, a third w/ 17, and then the last one w/ 8... Still, FF was just as fast, but, bless its little heart, the MB innards did get a tad warm at times, w/ that fan spinning quite heavily at times.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:51 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,132,973 times
I am not on dial up.

Shadow or anyone with tek know-how, how do you get phish free?

Old 10-06-2007, 06:57 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,273,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I am not on dial up.

Shadow or anyone with tek know-how, how do you get phish free?
Best way is to buy a phish trap at your local phish store: set it up with a cold beer and you should be phish free within an hour.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:11 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,065,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markablue View Post
Best way is to buy a phish trap at your local phish store: set it up with a cold beer and you should be phish free within an hour.

ROFLMFBO!!!

Now, back to our quasi-reality, here be some potential help/info [your millage may vary, based on OS and browser pref]:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...368b71033.mspx
Firefox 2 Phishing Protection
Phishing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Protecting Your Mac From Phishing Attacks
Apple patches Safari a second time | InfoWorld | News | 2007-06-25 | By Gregg Keizer, Computerworld

Old 10-06-2007, 07:13 AM

Glad to see you in rare form this am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markablue View Post

Old 10-06-2007, 07:16 AM

High praise to the Shadow and many thanks.

So, the bottom line for me I believe is an OS update. Just like I thought.

Quote:

Old 10-06-2007, 11:04 AM

2,180 posts, read 5,424,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Hi Ya Rob

What about your mouse pad? It can become a little icky, and the surface needs cleaning once in awhile, if it is a synthetic of some kind. As opposed to leather, for instance.

My vote here is that it's either the mouse or the mouse pad.

I've used a Kensington Orbit trackball for years, and it's great. When I bought the new iMac, for awhile I used the Mighty Mouse which came with it: missed my trackball so much that I had to buy a new Kensington, bec. the old one wouldn't interface with the iMac. I've found I get far less wrist pain with the Trackball...
Guess I didn't think about the mousepad. It doesn't seem dirty. Would that really affect an optical mouse?

Still need to switch it out with my ball mouse to see if that helps. I'd hate to give up the optical one, though.

Quote:
lol - glad to hear such. However, chuckling at wise guys tho' may not be amicable to your health...

Moderator cut: image removed
Oh great - thank you SOOOOOOO much, Hobbes. Just as I took a bite of cereal, I saw your post. I started to laugh, and guess where some of the milk (and a couple tiny bits of shredded wheat) ended up? That's right - sprayed all over my keyboard!! LOL! Almost did it again when I read your profile! Now I'm going to have my keys sticking on me, thank you very much! lol!

Anyway, nice try with that picture. But as an ex-gay celibate Christian who wants to become a monk, it really doesn't do much for me.

BTW - do you know hard it is to get little drops of milk out from between the keys on a keyboard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Nope - on cable broadband.

Last edited by Marka; 01-10-2014 at 12:44 AM..

Old 10-06-2007, 11:26 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,775,094 times
Just saw your post, Rob. Eh... is a Mighty Mouse an optical mouse? (I'm a little behind in knowing some of these terms because I've used an Orbit trackball for a long time.)

Anyway when I first was using my new iMac with the Mighty Mouse which came with it, at first the mouse worked well, but then started acting up. Finally discovered little smudgy things on the mousepad...( eewwwww ) and when I cleaned it, the mouse was OK again. So point being, if Mighty Mouse is in the category of 'optical mouse', yes, in my experience, there can be problems caused by a less than pristine mousepad. (Still I ordered the newer trackball because I prefer it and sent the Mighty Mouse to my friend in California who is a monk...)

Old 10-06-2007, 01:29 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,424,182 times
You'll have to tell me more about your friend in California, and what the monastic life is like for him. I'd be interested in hearing more about that. (You can DM me if you want. )

Anyway, I'm not familiar with the Mighty Mouse. Last I heard, he was a cartoon character, so he's really changed professions, huh? LOL! Okay, seriously - I'm honestly not familiar with it. Easy way to tell is simply turn it over. Is there a little rubber ball, or do you see a laser light? If there is a laser light, that means it's an optical mouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum