Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 10:32 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,775,094 times

Advertisements

Hi Ya Rob

What about your mouse pad? It can become a little icky, and the surface needs cleaning once in awhile, if it is a synthetic of some kind. As opposed to leather, for instance.

My vote here is that it's either the mouse or the mouse pad.

I've used a Kensington Orbit trackball for years, and it's great. When I bought the new iMac, for awhile I used the Mighty Mouse which came with it: missed my trackball so much that I had to buy a new Kensington, bec. the old one wouldn't interface with the iMac. I've found I get far less wrist pain with the Trackball...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 02:44 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,132,973 times
I have frequent lock ups since the latest FF update and a new browser. Did you find a solution to your locks, or are you just typing slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Brain flashes can be quite dangerous, trust me on this one.

Actually, after reading this thread and being a FF user myself. I have had FF lock up on me when trying to open things too quickly. For instance, clicking on a link and before that link is loaded and the page directed, click another link and have it just lock up tighter than a snare drum. I found this happens more with pages that are heavy java though. The CD forum gig as mentioned about I think is more of server load than browser issue. I think it may be their secret way of saying, are you sure you want to post this?

Old 10-05-2007, 03:06 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,065,976 times
Wink Wise guys - they come in both sexes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCRob View Post
Oh great. Another wise guy with a sense of humor trying to make me chuckle.

Well, it worked!
lol - glad to hear such. However, chuckling at wise guys tho' may not be amicable to your health...

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Marka; 01-10-2014 at 12:44 AM..

Old 10-05-2007, 06:06 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,203,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I have frequent lock ups since the latest FF update and a new browser. Did you find a solution to your locks, or are you just typing slowly.
Mine lock ups were due to an email encryption plug-in and once removed, its right as rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
lol - glad to hear such. However, chuckling at wise guys tho' may not be amicable to your health...

Moderator cut: image removed
Ok, I was raised in the Ozarks and I never saw no hillfolk that looked like that. I mean really a fedora with heels... how the heck are you supposed to climb in those?

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 02:27 AM..

Old 10-05-2007, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
,,,snip,,,
Ok, I was raised in the Ozarks and I never saw no hillfolk that looked like that. I mean really a fedora with heels... how the heck are you supposed to climb in those?
lol, well,,, a hillbilly can hitch up his mules, button up his overalls, and travel out of the hollers ya know, and maybe see some of the big city life, where these mob ladies frequent? Anyhow getting back on track, here be a few potentially helpful links:
Issues with Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
Zolved - Troubleshooting Firefox hanging issues (http://www.zolved.com/synapse/view_content/25138/Troubleshooting_Firefox_hanging_issues - broken link)
Known Firefox Issues

Old 10-05-2007, 07:59 PM

Well, I ain't too much a hillbilly from the South, but I sure live in the hills, and although I thank you for these links, none of them appear to answer my locks.

And, I am on a Mac, so the run isn't going work, no way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
lol, well,,, a hillbilly can hitch up his mules, button up his overalls, and travel out of the hollers ya know, and maybe see some of the big city life, where these mob ladies frequent? Anyhow getting back on track, here be a few potentially helpful links:
Issues with Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
Zolved - Troubleshooting Firefox hanging issues (http://www.zolved.com/synapse/view_content/25138/Troubleshooting_Firefox_hanging_issues - broken link)
Known Firefox Issues

Old 10-05-2007, 08:05 PM

Yaaay...another Mac user But...you're havin' a freeze problem? Are you running Safari? ShadowCaver, here on these thread, can help you out. I have Tiger and use Safari and have Zero problems...at least so far.

Shadow, doncha just love how generous I am with your time *Heh*

Last edited by Macrina; 10-05-2007 at 08:06 PM.. Reason: added..

Old 10-05-2007, 08:08 PM

Hey, Macrina, love my Mac.

No, I am not running Safari as I have an older version of OS, and it interferes with other programs/applications, etc. So I've been using FF exclusively.

I might just have to upgrade my OS and go back to safe Safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Yaaay...another Mac user But...you're havin' a freeze problem? Are you running Safari? ShadowCaver, here on these thread, can help you out. I have Tiger and use Safari and have Zero problems...at least so far.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:28 PM

Thumbs up Upgrade !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Hey, Macrina, love my Mac.

No, I am not running Safari as I have an older version of OS, and it interferes with other programs/applications, etc. So I've been using FF exclusively.

I might just have to upgrade my OS and go back to safe Safari.
Really. It is So worth it. Safari is working great for me; only very seldom do I get an error message, and even then it's just a spontaneous exit, not a freeze.

I also have Opera, just for a back up, but Safari works better, IMHO.

After all this stuff I'm reading about Firefox there is little chance I choose to go that direction. And IE? NEVER...

Old 10-05-2007, 09:58 PM

/partial hijacking of thread...
Macrina - that is funny I never but rarely use Safari, whereas oldest child and woman, that is all that they use; Safari, I dunno, but just don't feel as smooth, easy, friendly, nor as fast as FF - to me. lol, and as far as IE, lol; that is only used at work for mandatory work-related sites...
end of semi-hijacking/

As to locking/freezing w/ Safari, this help?
MacFixIt - Tutorial: Fixes for system-wide freezes when Web browsing [avoiding lookupd bug]
Safari: Freezing and Crashes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum