Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2021, 10:53 AM

6,251 posts, read 3,417,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
That’s a very nice picture rantiquity.

I really like it up here.
There is a lot to like.
My favorite items are being close to nature and the weather.
Weather wise it’s like natural air conditioning to me.

There are a few things that I do miss.
Not complaining just stating a fact.
Quote:
I miss,
Fresh baked goods and donuts that aren’t a day old. I love me a fresh donut .
Costco and both super markets have fresh baked goods....
Quote:
A good old school deli.
Both Safeway, Subway, the deli on the corner of Sequim Ave and Port Williams Rd and QFC have a deli along with even some gas stations like the gas station in the Co-Op parking lot have deli food.
Quote:
Fresh produce.
Try either Sunny Farms or Nash's out on Sequim-Dungeness Way. In the summer the farmers market downtown Sequim.
Quote:
A restaurant zone filled with tasty little bistros…yeah I’m a spoiled female dog.
There is a Bistro in Sequim called Bistro Sequim on Alder street. Not sure if that is what you were referring too however.
Quote:
A town open after 8:30pm on Saturday but I don’t really care about that.
Me neither.
Quote:
A large medical center like Kaiser.
Sequim isn't big enough for a medical center like Kaiser, but we do have a two good medical centers in the OMC and Jamestown.

Quote:
On the other hand… the things I like about the area far out weight my mostly trivial list.
I am guessing that is why people like us live here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2021, 04:32 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,136,558 times
Attached Thumbnails
Washington Weather - Daily Weather pics and reports!-received_2720790904891629.jpeg  

Old 11-21-2021, 08:51 AM

14,498 posts, read 12,141,672 times
Pea soup here this morning in Rochester!
Attached Thumbnails
Washington Weather - Daily Weather pics and reports!-a909249f-ddea-45c9-a210-d7cb3db9dc72.jpeg  

Old 11-21-2021, 12:30 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,084,050 times
rantiquity,
Thank you for that wonderful reply.
I shared it with my wife and she thought it was very informative.

I spent most of my life living in the San Francisco suburbs.
It’s a different life.
Here’s a peek.

Excuse me while I put my best Oliver Douglas voice on .

A fresh donut means someone got up at 2:00am so I could have a fresh one at 4:30 for my ride to work.
Costco doesn’t carry fresh donuts.

Fresh produce is everywhere for cheap.
I’ve been to Sunnyside and the other organic type places and they are far from cheap.
They actually smell like the produce stores I went to in Germany.
Not sure what that smell is but it’s there.

Deli’s ?
I’m gonna get in some trouble talking about Deli’s
They should be run by a nice old Jewish families with all kind of old world items and nick nacks .

Bistro’s ?
Should be places every few doors as you walk down a street and be able to smell all the different flavors that they offer.

About the town closing at 8:30 on Saturday night.
Yup I still don’t care .

About the medical situation.
I was my doctors first patient when he became a doctor.
We even went to the same high school.
I am just fine keeping him until he retires even if it means traveling 850 miles once a year to see him.
He actually returned me my emails very quick so I dig that a lot.

Am I bummed about living in such a simple little town?
ABSOLUTELY NOT!
I love it here and I see myself taking advantage of all it has to offer until I’m done.

Once again thank you for that nice reply it grounded me to remember all the cool things here.

Cheers.
Andy

Old 11-22-2021, 12:12 AM

8,217 posts, read 16,710,456 times
I caught one of the most amazing sunsets of the year last night during a quick trip to the coast. Then, tonight was gorgeous right behind our home in Vancouver.

Sunrise moonset today:

Sunset tonight:

Derek

Old 11-22-2021, 09:41 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,136,558 times
If we go back to page 1, looks like most days even in November have sun. People who have flexible schedules have an advantage.

Last edited by Botev1912; 11-22-2021 at 09:52 PM..

Old 11-23-2021, 08:24 AM

Botev, I think that’s true and I think that’s what I wanted to show with this thread. What is the weather like *really*? There are a lot of cloudy days here and a lot of rain in the winter. We know that… But there’s also a lot of breaks where it’s sunny… somewhere or sometime during the day if you can stop and appreciate it, that really helps us get through the long winters.

Two pictures this morning… The first is yesterday’s morning photo since I never got around to posting - it was pretty and clear with a little low fog over our creek... and the second is today’s a few minutes ago. Wetter today but there will be some blue out there.

Expecting more of the same the next few days: showers and sun breaks every day.
Attached Thumbnails
Washington Weather - Daily Weather pics and reports!-bb041436-b977-4656-a6dd-d232566cb480.jpeg   Washington Weather - Daily Weather pics and reports!-f9ac3987-560f-4e36-ab3a-fbe54a526086.jpeg  

Old 11-23-2021, 09:59 AM

179 posts, read 111,456 times
I for one am grateful for this thread, and I check it often. There is a good chance I will move to Washington next year and the weather has been one of the main things I worry about. It's good to see that the sun makes an appearance sometimes and I think I could work with that.

Old 11-23-2021, 01:39 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,084,050 times
I think for us we have had more nicer days than not this last several weeks where we are located.
Sure there was a few days it hammered on us but out of month or so I guess the rough days were maybe 20% if that but that is just my guesstimate.
For the most part we have been the low/mid 50’s with intermittent sunshine.
I consider that good yard work or hiking type weather.

I just came back from hiking the Lafayette reservoir in the Bay Area and it got beat up from the last storm.
Lots of clean up going on there.
Some spots looked like the river edges in WA and the temp was 48f at 9:30 this morning.
It is pretty darn close to the Olympic Peninsula temps but not quite.

These weather reports are going to be a valuable tool looking back at them.

Old 11-23-2021, 01:50 PM

Today has proved to be more sun than showers. 49 degrees. Nice out!

Edited to add a current picture.

Edited again to add a current forecast. Note it IS expected to be rainy on Thanksgiving this Thursday, as is our tradition . I saw a report that we may be getting another 'atmospheric river' event late this week. It wouldn't be Thanksgiving if the travel conditions aren't difficult and if there isn't a significant chance of wind and power outages while the turkey is in the oven!
Attached Thumbnails
Washington Weather - Daily Weather pics and reports!-9dbe6135-a6ec-455b-876d-f596d1f2cd44.jpeg   Washington Weather - Daily Weather pics and reports!-screenshot-2021-11-23-12.54.49.png  

Last edited by Diana Holbrook; 11-23-2021 at 02:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington