Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 01:36 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,219,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK12 View Post
I’d say do it family style - get one dish of drunken noodles and one of red curry.. standard introductory items to Thai food. Pad thai doesn’t cut it if you wanna eat spicy, IMO
Hmm, sounds good to me. Now that literally sounds like going all out! Haha I order water as an extra side drink just in case our tongues burn up like horse radish lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 06:15 PM

11 posts, read 21,462 times
Did you go to Bangkok Joe's?

Old 07-29-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost95 View Post
Did you go to Bangkok Joe's?
Not yet. But we will this weekend. If not, then I plan on taking her to Old Town and pay Mai Thai a visit. The food tastes superb, the atmosphere was ambient yet chatty also, and it has a lovely view of the Alexandria waterfront on the upper floor.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:33 PM

1,630 posts, read 2,360,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Not yet. But we will this weekend. If not, then I plan on taking her to Old Town and pay Mai Thai a visit. The food tastes superb, the atmosphere was ambient yet chatty also, and it has a lovely view of the Alexandria waterfront on the upper floor.
Haven been to the Old Town location, but the Mai Thai in G;town sucks. To play it safe I would stick wit Bangkok Joes

Old 07-29-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK12 View Post
Haven been to the Old Town location, but the Mai Thai in G;town sucks. To play it safe I would stick wit Bangkok Joes
Oh wow...Yeah, I'll play it safe by sticking to Bangkok Joe's LOL. I forgot the name of the dish I had at the Mai Thai Old Town but it did had slices of boneless duck coated in honey. I also had a delicious Thai tea (I absolutely LOVE Thai tea!) and the steamed mussels that my mother shared with me. I really loved the place and will definitely take the GF there sometime

Old 07-30-2013, 07:54 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,631,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatma X View Post
It all depends on ya objective at the end of the night. If u want the cheeks go all out AND get a room down Gtown.
Sounds like prostitution to me

Old 07-30-2013, 08:00 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,631,791 times
Remember to keep the cost as low as possible because how you start is how you finish meaning if you take her to an expensive restaurant she will expect the same type of treatment forever.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
Remember to keep the cost as low as possible because how you start is how you finish meaning if you take her to an expensive restaurant she will expect the same type of treatment forever.
Thanks for the heads-up I don't want to be too cheap nor too expensive either. But I believe the typical budget for both Bangkok Joe's and Baked & Wired are in the $$ category.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:50 AM

17 posts, read 30,126 times
Both are great choices, she will love them I'm sure.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGLuckDC View Post
Both are great choices, she will love them I'm sure.
Yep! But if I decide to take her out to Old Town instead (Just as intimate but not as fast-paced as G-Town), I will take her to Mai Thai and for dessert, probably Occasionally Cake. It was a nice bakery joint when I was on King Street late last month. That is if you guys can think of better dessert options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC