Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think will be the fate of atheists after death?
They will go to heaven, no punishment necessary 5 5.68%
They go to hell for an eternity 19 21.59%
The shall be punished for their beliefs, but will be forgiven eventually 2 2.27%
Other (please explain) 37 42.05%
Don't know/care 25 28.41%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 06:56 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
There is a reason for Jesus handing the church its marching orders in "The Great Commission...

"Go into all the world..."
Why?
Why go into all the world?

The answer is: because for the lack of hearing the people perish in their sins.
How is that fair to all of the people who came before Jesus was even born.

Even "creationists" believe that the world is at least 6000 years old. Christ, by most estimates, was born about 2009 years ago. So thats almost 4000 years of people who died, and are going straight to hell?

Thats one hell of a lot of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 07:04 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,105,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
How is that fair ...?
Not sure I ever said I felt it was fair...LOL

Like a little bird I saw hatched near where I work, it was born without a wing...is that fair?
While it may live for a time, in the end it will freeze to death alone out on the lake ice....(as many birds do each winter who cant make the trip South...)

No, that is not really fair I dont care who you are...
But that is the way it is.

Jesus commanded us to go into all the world and teach and make Disciples...the reason is?

The reason is that the world is not fair and because of this people are dieing in sin without the hope of Christ in their ears...

Jesus did not just ask His church to "Think about" going all over the earth ,,,He commanded us to go...
It's a life or death matter to Jesus.

The world is not fair...
Yet the human need to make things sum up to be fair gets us all in a tizzy when we finally run smack into the harsh reality of just how unfair this world is.
We need things to look fair to be able to go to sleep at night.
When we see God not just being his normal silent self, but actually turning against us and acting as if he wants to harm or kill us, we turn to God and demand him to explane his reasons.
"My God , My God why have you forsaken me?"
We want to know that God thinks things are fair the same way we think things are fair....
we want to make God in our own human image of what is fair and not fair..

But God is not like us.
God does not look at what we think is fair and unfair in the same way we do.
Our judgment of what is unfair is moot....

Last edited by alanMolstad; 08-22-2009 at 07:13 PM..

Old 08-22-2009, 07:25 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,958,847 times
The elders of my Nation say that the afterlife is a valley 10,000 fold wider than any valley of earth, covered with groves, streams and meadows. There's no rain or wind; the climate is always mild and the water cool. The great leaders of the all the Comanches will hold their assemblies, and they and all the warriors and others are young. We will follow the buffalo hunt, but the war cry never is never heard in these sacred realms. There is no darkness there because Numu Ahpa (Father of the People, Creator) is everywhere. There is always plenty without the necessity of expending much energy or effort in obtaining it. The spirits of the people will experience all the pleasures the material body could have ever hoped for while on earth. There is buffalo, deer, elk and antelope in abundance; pounded corn in forever at hand; and horses are fleeter than the wind. Beautiful birds warble from the treetop for our entertainment. There is no suffering or sorrow there. All people will go there. Brave and cowardly, good and bad alike. All who have died are equal. After death there is neither reward for virtue nor punishment for sin. That is what the elders say.

But honestly, I have no idea.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:34 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
The elders of my Nation say that the afterlife is a valley 10,000 fold wider than any valley of earth, covered with groves, streams and meadows. There's no rain or wind; the climate is always mild and the water cool. The great leaders of the all the Comanches will hold their assemblies, and they and all the warriors and others are young. We will follow the buffalo hunt, but the war cry never is never heard in these sacred realms. There is no darkness there because Numu Ahpa (Father of the People, Creator) is everywhere. There is always plenty without the necessity of expending much energy or effort in obtaining it. The spirits of the people will experience all the pleasures the material body could have ever hoped for while on earth. There is buffalo, deer, elk and antelope in abundance; pounded corn in forever at hand; and horses are fleeter than the wind. Beautiful birds warble from the treetop for our entertainment. There is no suffering or sorrow there. All people will go there. Brave and cowardly, good and bad alike. All who have died are equal. After death there is neither reward for virtue nor punishment for sin. That is what the elders say.

But honestly, I have no idea.
And they say that the Comanche were heathens. Your elders seem to be more loving, caring, and understanding then the Christians I grew up with.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:15 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,752,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
And they say that the Comanche were heathens. Your elders seem to be more loving, caring, and understanding then the Christians I grew up with.
Christians are the very ones who believe Native Americans to be heathens. I find Native American spiritual beliefs to be beautifully compassionate and worthy of respect and admiration.

I don't really know what happens after death. Does the soul go on? Do we experience more than this lifetime alone? I'd like to think so, but I don't know for sure. I know that I've encountered many inexplicable things in my life that lead me to believe that this may not be all there is.

But one thing I do know for certain. The afterlife, if it exists, will NOT bring judgement and damnation at the hand of an angry Hebrew thunder god.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:04 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,105,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
But one thing I do know for certain. .
How do you know such a thing "for certain"?

How can you make such a claim?
How would you support a claim of such a knowledge of the after life?

Old 08-22-2009, 10:17 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,235,303 times
Well, as there's no such thing as an athiest there is no fate for those who describe themselves as athiest. That person will be buried or cremated as any other human remains and disposed of accordingly. Burial, land fill, cast to the wind, flushed down the toilet, whatever. As all humans, any living entity, pursues some goal - investment of energy, there are no athiests.

The essence or spirit of the deceased will return to its origin as it had originated, or decreased or increased, depending on how the life had spent its energies. That energy being the God essence or spirit given to human life with the opportunity to increase its properties of purity or decrease by negative value.

Heaven or hell? Depends on the value at return.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:20 PM

9,424 posts, read 11,179,571 times
Usually they are tied down on a mountaintop where birds pluck their eyes and other parts.

Then they wake up the next morning and it starts all over again.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:23 PM

606 posts, read 1,235,183 times
I chose other: I think that an atheist are going to have a chance to accept Jesus either here on earth or the after life. We are all God's children and God loves us and wants us all to be with him in heaven. God did allow us to have free will and He wants us to choose what side do we stand, with Jesus or with the evil one. So just because someone says that they are athiest does not mean that they will have the chance @ Salvation down the road.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:24 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,749,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
How do you know such a thing "for certain"?
How do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality