Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think will be the fate of atheists after death?
They will go to heaven, no punishment necessary 5 5.68%
They go to hell for an eternity 19 21.59%
The shall be punished for their beliefs, but will be forgiven eventually 2 2.27%
Other (please explain) 37 42.05%
Don't know/care 25 28.41%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 04:04 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I believe you will spend eternity in Hell because you rejected Jesus. Of course, I base that on the Bible, so my reasoning means nothing to you I'm sure.
Your 'reasoning' means nothing to anyone, because repeating something you read in a book is not reasoning to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 04:15 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I believe you will spend eternity in Hell because you rejected Jesus. Of course, I base that on the Bible, so my reasoning means nothing to you I'm sure.

You are very perceptive jimmiej!

I voted don't know don't care.

Old 08-22-2009, 04:18 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
same as mine.
they will look at what we did and didnt and how we treated others. if you cussed out the judge when you saw him in the hall at break, it was not your best move.

Old 08-22-2009, 04:20 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Your 'reasoning' means nothing to anyone, because repeating something you read in a book is not reasoning to begin with.
I'll bet you read that in a book...

Old 08-22-2009, 04:24 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,938,468 times
I've never understood why people would wish to see others suffer for eternity, It's like a huge ball of darkness wrapped inside a pretense of good will and the stench of righteousness.

I'm not sure what will happen when we die. I believe we will simply be worm food, a belief I don't like but arguably the closest to the truth. Of course if I'm wrong then you would have to be an idiot to immediately assume you must be right.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:56 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,257 times
The lost burn.....they burn in a fire that never stops burning....forever and ever...

Burning for Billions of years that turn into Zillions.
Untill the meaning of such terms is moot itself...for the concept of time is moot.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:06 PM

659 posts, read 1,084,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
The lost burn.....they burn in a fire that never stops burning....forever and ever...

Burning for Billions of years that turn into Zillions.
Untill the meaning of such terms is moot itself...for the concept of time is moot.
Damn, that's a pretty long time.

I like my Star Trek Voyage with the beer better though.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb09 View Post
Damn, that's a pretty long time.
The concept of 'forever" is unknown in this world.
Everything you can name or point to in this world has a life story where it changes, gets old, becomes something else.

Nothing lasts forever.
Sooner or later everything ever so slightly changes to something else..
Nothing remains in the very same state 'forever'

Thus when i say that the dead burn "Forever" the natural human tendency is to add, "Well you really mean for a long time but not forever-forever, right?"

But the truth is that the Lost burn without ending, forever.
They burn in a fire that will not and can not go out forever....the burning is unchanged, and cant change.
It has no nature that would allow an evolution of its flame.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:46 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
I always ask this question.

People who lived in lands, far from Jesus, who never knew or heard of Jehovah or his son, what happened to them? What happened to all of the people who lived before Jesus, who were considered gentiles?

Do they get to go to heaven, even though they didn't believe in Christ or God, and even though they continued with their heathen ways? Or do they all go straight to hell?

If they get a free pass, thats really not fair to me. If they went straight to hell, thats really not fair to them.

I believe we all go on after we die. Whatever "God" is, our pathetic human understanding and limitations on it are sad. "God" in my mind, is just the collective something that we all belong to. I believe we go on, and all parts of who and what we are continue to exist after we are gone. If you want to call that heaven, then call it heaven. I look forward to death, for I believe it will be a great adventure. And if its not, well, then I guess I won't care anyway.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I always ask this question.

People who lived in lands, far from Jesus, who never knew or heard of Jehovah or his son, what happened to them?
There is a reason for Jesus handing the church its marching orders in "The Great Commission...

"Go into all the world..."
Why?
Why go into all the world?

The answer is: because for the lack of hearing the people perish in their sins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality