Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 03:50 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,726,697 times

Advertisements

Yep we are sinners...just like everyone else. But you have to understand we have been saved, redeemed from hell by accepting Jesus into our hearts and purposing to live for Christ. We are still going to sin, it's human nature, but God's forgiving nature still allows us into heaven because we've made the heart committment to Christ. And yeah, hell will be overcrowded!

Old 02-13-2007, 04:12 PM

431 posts, read 394,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsluvr8 View Post
Let's name some other sins...in no particular order. If you're reading this make a mental check for each sin you've committed recently:

1. gluttony
2. extreme anger
3. divorce
4. lust
5. cheating
6. envy
7. scandal
8. masterbation
9. adultery
10. blasphemy, lying
11. hatred
12. murder
13. alcohol/drug abuse
14. ingratitude, indifference
15. fornication
16. idolatry/witchcraft
17. uncleanliness
18. reveling
19. sins against love, i.e. indifference toward charity
20. sins against hope - i.e. obstinate dispair
21. sins of anger - i.e. malice, hatred
etal...

Some of them are very common in todays world. I mean, masturbation? I must have my suite reserved in hell if this is true. alcohol abuse? We can just move the City of New Orleans right into hell, at least there are no floods there. hatred? There's a constant stream of this coming at gay people and a good bit of it in this forum. Man, hell is gonna be overcrowded.

Most CHRISTIANS are sinners...how does that affect your saying, "Love the sinner, hate the sin"?
It doesn't affect my saying at all. No one said sin was pretty! It comes in all shapes, sizes, colors. No matter how hard we try to dress it up and take it home without feeling guilty, it's still a sin. And fortunately for everyone, Jesus was sent to die on the cross so that we might be forgiven our sins if we only ask him into our heats. He will never leave us or forsake us and He will never give us more than we can bear and He will always help us overcome when we fall short, because we DO fall short and need Him every minute of every day.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:24 PM

702 posts, read 2,527,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittle View Post
It doesn't affect my saying at all. No one said sin was pretty! It comes in all shapes, sizes, colors. No matter how hard we try to dress it up and take it home without feeling guilty, it's still a sin. And fortunately for everyone, Jesus was sent to die on the cross so that we might be forgiven our sins if we only ask him into our heats. He will never leave us or forsake us and He will never give us more than we can bear and He will always help us overcome when we fall short, because we DO fall short and need Him every minute of every day.
Excellent! So now you apparently agree that a person can be gay and christian because, "He will never leave us or forsake us and He will never give us more than we can bear and He will always help us overcome when we fall short, because we DO fall short and need Him every minute of every day."

My point with the list of sins is that, if you classify being gay as a sin, there are other sins as common as LUST and ANGER...so I'm wondering why it's a more important sin to be gay than it is to covet? Or are we all going to hell for sinning? I just want to understand the logic behind this type of thinking.

"By the way, at least one website I went to looking for lists of sins listed homosexuality as 'debateable' regarding it's status as a sin. The tide is turning toward an acceptance of gay people...even in religions.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:29 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,995,037 times
Quote:
Some of them are very common in todays world. I mean, masturbation? I must have my suite reserved in hell if this is true. alcohol abuse? We can just move the City of New Orleans right into hell, at least there are no floods there. hatred? There's a constant stream of this coming at gay people and a good bit of it in this forum. Man, hell is gonna be overcrowded.

Most CHRISTIANS are sinners...how does that affect your saying, "Love the sinner, hate the sin"?
I had to laugh because the suite next to yours is reserved for me for that "issue"....
and most Christians aren't sinners..... ALL Christians are sinners, just like everyone else.
As for that suite, it'll never be occupied by me, not because I didn't commit that sin (I did...sometimes still do...), but because I'm forgiven by believing that Jesus died in my place and took the penalty of sin upon Himself so I could be saved.
I have a responsibility to attempt to avoid sin, out of love for God, but it is a human reality that while we're in this world, we will sin.
You hear people who claim to be Christians say: "I love the Sinner but hate the sin".
Unless you're gay. In that case, human judgement is assigned that says your sin is worse than any other and even your unchosen nature requires you to be sent to Hell.

I just cannot except that and I think people who read that into scripture are taking it wrong. It seems to me that God separates the sin from the sinner as well. If He didn't, how could we as sinners be saved? If God does it, Why shouldn't we?

Old 02-13-2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier67 View Post
Yep we are sinners...just like everyone else. But you have to understand we have been saved, redeemed from hell by accepting Jesus into our hearts and purposing to live for Christ. We are still going to sin, it's human nature, but God's forgiving nature still allows us into heaven because we've made the heart committment to Christ. And yeah, hell will be overcrowded!
Another christian who agrees that people can be gay and christian!! I understand about being 'saved' and redeemed from hell. Millions of gay people have been saved and accepted Jesus...so even tho they might still sin sometimes, they are forgiven just like anyone else and will be allowed into heaven. Is that what you're saying? Or are you saying that you think it's such a horrible sin (placing human values on sins by ranking them) that 'gay' sin will not be forgiven and gay people not allowed into heaven?

I'm not meaning to put words in your mouth, I just want to clarify because your statement could be interepreted 2 different ways.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:30 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,191,317 times
Quote:
Let's name some other sins...in no particular order. If you're reading this make a mental check for each sin you've committed recently:

1. gluttony
2. extreme anger
3. divorce
4. lust
5. cheating
6. envy
7. scandal
8. masterbation
9. adultery
10. blasphemy, lying
11. hatred
12. murder
13. alcohol/drug abuse
14. ingratitude, indifference
15. fornication
16. idolatry/witchcraft
17. uncleanliness
18. reveling
19. sins against love, i.e. indifference toward charity
20. sins against hope - i.e. obstinate dispair
21. sins of anger - i.e. malice, hatred
etal...

Are you under the impression once you become a Christian you no longer sin? This is far from true if nothing else we are tempted more!!!
If you tell people I hate you because you have sinned then, we would all hate each other.
Like Couey(sinner) that killed that precious little girl Jessica Lunsford that man deserves to rot in hell but, as Christians we must pray for his peace Jessica is gone maybe deep down some where some good will come to someone. If we show some kind of compassion, but hate what he did(the sin).
He is a very sick and preverted man but, in the end justice will prevail and will be nothing like the punishment of man!! Unless, he cries out to God for forgiveness he's doomed!!

Old 02-13-2007, 04:33 PM

I think our minds were running in the same race for a minute there MoMark...we were typing similar responses at the same time!

Me: "Or are you saying that you think it's such a horrible sin (placing human values on sins by ranking them) that 'gay' sin will not be forgiven and gay people not allowed into heaven?"

MoMark: " You hear people who claim to be Christians say: "I love the Sinner but hate the sin". Unless you're gay. In that case, human judgement is assigned that says your sin is worse than any other and even your unchosen nature requires you to be sent to Hell."

Last edited by sprtsluvr8; 02-13-2007 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-13-2007, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Are you under the impression once you become a Christian you no longer sin? This is far from true if nothing else we are tempted more!!!
If you tell people I hate you because you have sinned then, we would all hate each other.
Like Couey(sinner) that killed that precious little girl Jessica Lunsford that man deserves to rot in hell but, as Christians we must pray for his peace Jessica is gone maybe deep down some where some good will come to someone. If we show some kind of compassion, but hate what he did(the sin).
He is a very sick and preverted man but, in the end justice will prevail and will be nothing like the punishment of man!! Unless, he cries out to God for forgiveness he's doomed!!
Not at all...I thought from earlier posts that you and some other forumers thought that. If you don't think it, then do you think that gay people can be christians? Because if you believe being gay is a sin, and you believe that all christians sin but are forgiven in advance, then by the commutative property of math you're saying that gay people are christians.

And if that murderer asks for forgiveness of his heinous crime he can go to heaven? Yet someone who is guilty of gluttony ends up in hell? That doesn't seem fair to me. Where do I send my letter of complaint about this system?

Old 02-13-2007, 04:44 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,446,356 times
Quote:
In a court of law it usually takes two eyewitnesses to consider something fact or the truth. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were among hundreds if not thousands of people who walked, talked, and worshipped with Jesus. That's 4 eyewitnesses (there are of course others) that give their accounts of Jesus' time on this earth. That would convince most jurys I would think.

I believe Buddha walked this earth as well, though he lived long before I was born.
Wait, who runs Christianity, God or Jesus, now, what if I told you a small story. The historical Jesus preached political revolution against the Romans. He was put to death for it. Years later the entire group in Israel that followed his teaching were executed, between 70 AD and 80 to be accurate.

Those who survived were outside Israel, they changed the story into the one of Jesus being a peaceful religious man, to insure their own survival.

You say, oh no,, not possible.

Well, here you go, Josephus of Aramatheus wrote a history, the history that has come to us tells us of Jesus the religious figure, but no copy of Josephus is older than 140 AD, but in the 1920's in a Byzantine monastery in what is now Serbia, an older, a much older manuscript of Josephus was found. dating from within the first century in which Jesus is described as a political revolutionary. Now, he was not the only political religious figure as witness the Zealots and their fate, a fate the proto Christians in the Empire had nointerest in sharing.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Wait, who runs Christianity, God or Jesus
I just gave God a call and he referred me to Jesus. Jesus said that he is on the committee but he doesn't make the 'final' decisions...so he gave me the number to the white house and told me to ask for 'the decider.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.