Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 11:41 AM

2,467 posts, read 4,870,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPhoenix View Post
Homosexuals would have you believe this is about rights. But it is not.
This is all about govt control. Homosexuals in this country are almost entirely liberal/leftist. They want govt control like the rest of the left.
Homosexual marriage by govt license is one more control.
Like I said before, I do not care if gays want to marry each other or if they want to marry a piece of furniture. BUT the govt has no right to sanction the marriage of anyone, gay or straight. Marriage licenses should be abolished. That would make this entire nonsense a dead issue. The govt should keep out of religion and religion should stay out of the govt.
How you want to get married is your business and nobody elses, BUT if you get the govt involved in your marriage then it becomes my business since I pay taxes that support the govt.
But it is about rights, it is about the right of people to follow freely in what they believe. Homosexuals are no different than anybody else. They cry, they bleed, they hurt, they laugh, and they love just like all humans, but yet they get singled out when it comes to equal rights.

You're right in that the government should not be allowed to sanction marriage, or have any right saying what marriage is. But as long as they do, they are violating human rights. Because I too support the government with my taxes, it also is my business that they are in violation and thereby causing others to also violate like insurance companies and hospitals. We all should have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as long our rights do not infringe, hurt or kill anyone else. I do not see where homosexuals getting married does any of these.

Last edited by wyoquilter; 11-04-2008 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: wrong wording

Old 11-04-2008, 01:36 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,064,976 times
ok I have already given a warning about religious discussion in the Wyoming "state info" forum.
I am going to go ahead and move this thread into a religious forum.