Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2024, 07:00 PM

50,762 posts, read 24,261,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaveOnn View Post
Atheists are using their own fear to drive their beliefs.
What is it you think we are afraid of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2024, 08:25 PM

1,478 posts, read 478,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
The Atheist says there is no God. So, for them that would make Death their all-encompassing and greatest authority over them. Declaring Death as greater than life, and namely the life God shares.

You recognize the existence of Death and claim there is no passage past the personification of this entity called Death as if it rules overall. Teaching others to follow you down your dead-end road, to home with Death while claiming to be most wise.

I see so many posts on this forum using people and props to accuse God to no end. While I am most thankful to know in my heart that God is not my accuser.

When people write all those posts accusing God to the point of non-existence, they do the very thing they claim to despise. Preaching Hell.

You can write your question as if you are strong and fearless, while it is all the unrighteous judgements you have proclaimed that will become your greatest fear.

Personally, I don't seek judgement, I seek reconciliation with God from the lowest point.

Old 03-16-2024, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
The Atheist says there is no God. So, for them that would make Death their all-encompassing and greatest authority over them. Declaring Death as greater than life, and namely the life God shares.

You recognize the existence of Death and claim there is no passage past the personification of this entity called Death as if it rules overall. Teaching others to follow you down your dead-end road, to home with Death while claiming to be most wise.

I see so many posts on this forum using people and props to accuse God to no end. While I am most thankful to know in my heart that God is not my accuser.

When people write all those posts accusing God to the point of non-existence, they do the very thing they claim to despise. Preaching Hell.

You can write your question as if you are strong and fearless, while it is all the unrighteous judgements you have proclaimed that will become your greatest fear.

Personally, I don't seek judgement, I seek reconciliation with God from the lowest point.
1. Not necessarily. For example, I'm a Buddhist. Death to us tends to have a whole different meaning. Sorry, you're wrong again by making broad generalities about something you have never experienced.

2. Sorry, as indicated in #1, wrong again.

3. And yet, God will send you to hell...or maybe heaven...depends how much of a sinner you are...and you are admittedly a sinner (keep in mind I used to be a christian, so I know the routine). "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle..."

Old 03-16-2024, 09:08 PM

22,143 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
1. Not necessarily. For example, I'm a Buddhist. Death to us tends to have a whole different meaning. Sorry, you're wrong again by making broad generalities about something you have never experienced.
3. And yet, God will send you to hell...or maybe heaven...depends how much of a sinner you are...and you are admittedly a sinner (keep in mind I used to be a christian, so I know the routine). "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle..."
so then what does death mean to you?

Old 03-16-2024, 09:43 PM

1,478 posts, read 478,086 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I responded to an Atheist, which is the name you responded in, with the question that you asked, and I addressed you by the name Atheist that you accepted for yourself in that post. As recorded in the posts above. You can hide behind your Buddha statue all you want. It doesn't mean anything to me.

No, you don't know my path. You can express divided thought all you want, that is a reflection on you and not me. I said in my previous post that "I seek reconciliation with God from the lowest point", just like a camel crouching down to go through the eye of the needle.

Old 03-16-2024, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
so then what does death mean to you?
How many times do I have to explain to you?

One possibility is reincarnation. And personally I believe in past lives. However, to say that reincarnation (or rebirth) is definite...we don't know that as a fact. Perhaps death is just an end.

Old 03-16-2024, 10:04 PM

Quote:
I responded to an Atheist, which is the name you responded in, with the question that you asked, and I addressed you by the name Atheist that you accepted for yourself in that post. As recorded in the posts above. You can hide behind your Buddha statue all you want. It doesn't mean anything to me.

No, you don't know my path. You can express divided thought all you want, that is a reflection on you and not me. I said in my previous post that "I seek reconciliation with God from the lowest point", just like a camel crouching down to go through the eye of the needle.
1. The bolded...that is, perhaps, the most confusing sentence I think I have ever seen on this forum.

2. And, your christianity no longer means anything to me. See how that works?

3. You may seek it all you wish. I doubt you will achieve it.

Old 03-16-2024, 10:47 PM

155 posts, read 27,581 times
Quote:
1. The bolded...that is, perhaps, the most confusing sentence I think I have ever seen on this forum.

2. And, your christianity no longer means anything to me. See how that works?

3. You may seek it all you wish. I doubt you will achieve it.
Confusing? I was thinking the same thing that he expressed.

Old 03-17-2024, 12:13 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Lol, no. That is like saying people do not believe in Yetis (or little green men) because they are afraid. Or you do not believe in other gods because you are afraid.

Old 03-17-2024, 12:19 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
survival does not stem from fear.

any more than breathing, sleeping, walking, or eating stem from fear.
instincts are hard wired. they are not a byproduct of emotion. and they do not have an emotional component to them.

awareness of hunger, and eating to resolve it, is not caused by fear.
awareness of fatigue, and sleeping to remedy it, does not stem from fear.
awareness of danger, and removing myself from it, does not stem from fear.
breathing is not out of fear.

fear can be dissolved. breathing, sleeping, eating can not be dissolved.
Again you are using false comparisons. Just because hunger or fatigue are not caused by fear does not mean survival can not be caused by fear. If I was to run at you waving an axe and screaming death threats, you would run or fight back, not sit there saying you are in control of your emotions, OM!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality