Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If youre a LI resident your home teams are....
METS JETS ISLES 11 61.11%
YANKS GIANTS RANGERS 7 38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 12:36 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,171,986 times

Advertisements

OK

Let's settle this one finally.

If youre a LI resident your home teams are....

METS JETS ISLES

or

YANKS GIANTS RANGERS???

If youre a scab and you cross party lines, pick the one that holds the most teams for you.

Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crooks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 01:03 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,759,907 times
Those may have been the traditional groupings, but I don't think it holds true as much as it used to.

I was at Citifield recently and there were lots of fans wearing Giants hats/shirts. Similarly, there's always tons of fans wearing Mets gear at Giants games. And I hate to base things off my own group of friends, but so many of the Ranger fans I know are also Met fans.

And let's not overlook LI's (and the tri-state area's) "other" favorite football teams such as the Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, and Dolphins.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:14 PM

405 posts, read 1,163,688 times
I refuse to vote in this poll since those of us that do cross lines are not scabs...we are the true fans! The real problem are those that claim to be fans of more than one team in a given sport...that is just wrong.

It is funny, however, that there is a lot of truth to the "party lines" as you've laid them out. If you are interested, and since I refuse to vote -

YANKEES - because they are the true NY team. That team in Queens was just created to fill the void of the lost NY teams which couldn't cut it either. Of course it just could be because my entire family is, and has been Yankee fans forever.

JETS - because we all must have some pain and suffering in our lives. Now excuse me while I go order my Mark Sanchez jersey.

ISLANDERS - because sometimes we need a little more pain and suffering in our lives. Hopefully, I'll need a John Tavares jersey.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:41 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
I'm one of those scabs, Yanks- Giants-Isles

Old 04-29-2009, 04:18 PM

1,615 posts, read 3,581,006 times
When I was deployed for a number of years I was a fan of Every New York Team. It was good to see them all doing good because it was home. If you had put up a choice for all six I would have chosen that.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilTownBlues View Post
I refuse to vote in this poll since those of us that do cross lines are not scabs...we are the true fans! The real problem are those that claim to be fans of more than one team in a given sport...that is just wrong.

It is funny, however, that there is a lot of truth to the "party lines" as you've laid them out. If you are interested, and since I refuse to vote -

YANKEES - because they are the true NY team. That team in Queens was just created to fill the void of the lost NY teams which couldn't cut it either. Of course it just could be because my entire family is, and has been Yankee fans forever.

JETS - because we all must have some pain and suffering in our lives. Now excuse me while I go order my Mark Sanchez jersey.

ISLANDERS - because sometimes we need a little more pain and suffering in our lives. Hopefully, I'll need a John Tavares jersey.
If you predate the franchise, youre not a scab....youre old.

Many Dodger-Giant fant went Met.
Some didnt.

Crooks

Old 04-29-2009, 07:02 PM

518 posts, read 1,820,803 times
in most cases your party lines do seem correct... I however am a die hard Mets fan, but favor the giants and rangers... although i really dont follow hockey at all, but i also do root for the jets and isles. the rivalry isnt there for me with football and hockey as it is with mets/yanks

Last edited by TeamExit; 04-29-2009 at 07:56 PM..

Old 04-29-2009, 07:09 PM

2,160 posts, read 7,515,675 times
I voted Pinstripes/Big Blue/Blueshirts...but then again I have only been back in NY a year and need a little more beating down (i.e. last night vs. the Caps)

Old 04-29-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexei27 View Post
I voted Pinstripes/Big Blue/Blueshirts...but then again I have only been back in NY a year and need a little more beating down (i.e. last night vs. the Caps)
Ouch.

Hey but its better than DFL in the NHL.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:34 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Yanks/Jets/Rangers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: