Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 04:58 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,986 times

Advertisements

thank you, Goodpasture...

it should be said for and within this sacred circle, that differences between occult practices and perceived mysticism can be reconciled.

insofar, today is a good day..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 07:48 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Let me offer to you a storyteller, I smile every time I hear this story and I'm sure it will make you laugh too, laughter is good for the spirit. So enjoy.

YouTube - Native American Storyteller richheape.com - Tales of Wonder

Old 09-12-2009, 01:05 PM

songstick
great song. great fall.
thank you.
http://www.songstick.com/images/troy_6_cropped_for_web_page_usfx.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-12-2009, 06:59 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times
Beautiful artwok you posted, effie. Thank you for always posting interesting thoughts, art and songs.

And beautiful tale, ptsum. My tribe also has trickster stories. They are only told during the winter months, and only at night. We also have many stories like the rabbit story, which explain who the crow used to be white is now black, and they all contain some moral which is being taught to our youngsters.

Great post, and thank you for sharing.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:20 AM

YouTube - Look for a Star - å€瑞強 Albert Au

Old 09-15-2009, 09:34 PM

reaching out, from within..

YouTube - Rumi Poem 1
\!!thanks.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:23 AM

444 posts, read 1,212,339 times
Hello friends! I am back to visit you again. I had an interesting time living in nature this summer, and I learned much. As soon as I settle in to my new environment, I will share my photos and lessons I learned in the wild. I had a mother bear wake me from a dead sleep, we had a conversation and we agreed to leave each other alone in peace. I will share that and other stories and pictures later. Nice to see you all! Yours Aye,
k

Old 09-19-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionsAngel View Post
Hello friends! I am back to visit you again. I had an interesting time living in nature this summer, and I learned much. As soon as I settle in to my new environment, I will share my photos and lessons I learned in the wild. I had a mother bear wake me from a dead sleep, we had a conversation and we agreed to leave each other alone in peace. I will share that and other stories and pictures later. Nice to see you all! Yours Aye,
k

OrionsAngel, good to have you back among us and look forward to you sharing your stories and photos and the lessons you have learned.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:47 AM

These past few months have been very interesting, I have been able to look at things through the eyes of the position of authority and at times have not always liked what I have seen, not necessarily by others, but of myself. When one is put in a position to determine what others can and cannot say, it is a very powerful position and sometimes can be abused, one must never let their personal beliefs interfere with the rights of others to speak about theirs, whether you agree with them or not, we are all entitled to our beliefs or non-beliefs and should all be given equal opportunity to give our opinions about them with respect to others. I am going to be gone for a short period of time, to renew my spirit, to recharge my spirit and to get back to the basics of my belief and I will be back with a much larger sacred circle for all of us to be a part of, believers and nonbelievers, we are all equal and we are all entitled to the same respect of our different religions and beliefs. I have been humbled by all of you who have sat with me within the sacred circle and have shared with all of us your thoughts and feelings, it has made me a better person. I wish to leave you with a blessing, it's titled:

Cherokee Prayer Blessing.
May the warm winds of heaven. Blow softly upon your house. May the Creator. Bless all who enter there. May your moccasins. Make happy tracks in many snows and may the Rainbow. Always touch your shoulder. Osayo

Last edited by ptsum; 09-19-2009 at 12:24 PM..

Old 09-19-2009, 05:20 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Journey well............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality