Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 05:16 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,173,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Why do you think we'd know? We didn't make it up. We can only tell you what the Bible says.
Which intellectually and rationally debunks the Bible as the inspiration of a loving being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 05:27 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,929,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No one is questioning God here. What is being questioned is men's ideas ABOUT God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post

The OP's gist is, why there is fire in hell. It's like asking, why my skin burns when I put my hand in fire? Or why the milk is white or why the leaves are green?

What is men's idea about God being asked? Please explain.
OP's question is not really about why there is fire in Hell, but why people THINK so. In order for it to be simply "why fire in Hell" he would have to believe there IS, and he doesn't.

SO the question is not about God per se, but about men's ideas concerning God. Heck, OP doesn't even believe in God, so why would he ask a question that assumes God? On the other hand men's ideas ABOUT God can have some serious consequences in the world.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:43 PM

3,805 posts, read 3,002,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
If hell is a literal place where unbelievers will burn for all eternity, then it was no point in God even bothering with creation knowing that 70-80% of the planet ahead of time would end up with that fate according to scriptures for not accepting Jesus.

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

How exactly can one perish, if they are burning in hell for eternity, at this point they have eternal life, just one where they are suffering.
The percentage is much lower than that, in fact I have seen Evangelicals condemn other Christians (esp Catholics) to Hell many, many times.
On this score, it would be > 95% of the worlds population.
This is a general forum, but the divisions within Christianity itself are extraordinary and extreme.
Idolatry is one main beef, which is one reason mentioned to send an individual to the Lake of Fire. (along with the fornicators, liars, drunkards etc)

Old 08-18-2017, 07:29 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,093,279 times
Quote:
OP's question is not really about why there is fire in Hell, but why people THINK so. In order for it to be simply "why fire in Hell" he would have to believe there IS, and he doesn't.

SO the question is not about God per se, but about men's ideas concerning God. Heck, OP doesn't even believe in God, so why would he ask a question that assumes God? On the other hand men's ideas ABOUT God can have some serious consequences in the world.

Again,
People who search for God, should use their own intelligence to do their research to form a fatih.

When they feel that have found a God whose message makes sense to them, they form a faith and believe in the doctrine that comes along - this includes the reward and punishment concept that is based on God's judgement and obviously the description of hell and heaven and whatever is in them.

Jews don't believe in hell.

Hindus and Budhist consider statues as Gods.

Some people worship fire, others stars.

It's whatever makes sense to them.

No one is forced to think whether there is fire in hell or not. It's a faith based choice for those to whom it makes sense.

If it doesn't make sense to OP that hell has fire in it then there is no obligation on him. He can choose to find a faith whose hell has no fire - or he can remain an Atheist.

We should make wise choices. And in the end, we will be responsible for our choices.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:13 PM

465 posts, read 236,183 times
For one who has positioned himself high up in life where the microphone must be turned off at the present moment to rant and rave on those airwaves for the radio program and tv sets, the internet also...

A man who became a Christian minister of which he preached the Gospel as best he could never relented in his attempts to tell others that a real hot hell existed because he went there when he was sent.

He briefly died and went to a literal burning hell that was as hot as a briquette and you want to write a bunch of nonsense that is your own philosophy that merits nothing but he would say you're apostate.

You have done everything you could with the rest of your accounts to sway others away from God because you are headed to hell anyway you look at it bud, you will never change: you never changed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yeah ok, the guy that says he went to a burning hell, I say he is a liar, but I should believe him right?[...]
That wood would be you the great so & so travels and gets something hot dumped on their face for the goblin held hot chai creams tea for that trick, or was it theater?

Did you know it makes no matter of difference as to whether you believe that Apostolic minister who said he had made a short journey to hell to expose what's there?

That God sent him because he would call him to preach the Gospel of the first Apostolic church that hell was no gateway to heaven, or to something that is way better.

Who is not honest enough to not search the subject out for themselves than to take the word of a conspiracy theory that the whole church world made it up, collector.

Of souls, who do you think you are to say that about one of the greatest preachers to have ever lived; that you have nothing to say but to mouth words of an instigator.

He would have never made up such a thing as not being what it was just because he would not lie as you have done to yourself that you won't be happy so just go there.

Just because you have lied to yourself and repeated those same lies enough times well isn't it said enough times that say lies often enough you are just like he was Hitler.

The self-made fascist must be accustomed to himself bringing that same Ashkenazi lie up over to repeats it over and over and over a synopsis of how slanted is a worker.

It's the little things that count so lunch is ready you must be humble to need to admit you have to eat another food plate always hungry for that, so now whose laughter?

Old 08-18-2017, 09:11 PM

23,179 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
For one who has positioned himself high up in life where the microphone must be turned off at the present moment to rant and rave on those airwaves for the radio program and tv sets, the internet also...

A man who became a Christian minister of which he preached the Gospel as best he could never relented in his attempts to tell others that a real hot hell existed because he went there when he was sent.

He briefly died and went to a literal burning hell that was as hot as a briquette and you want to write a bunch of nonsense that is your own philosophy that merits nothing but he would say you're apostate.

You have done everything you could with the rest of your accounts to sway others away from God because you are headed to hell anyway you look at it bud, you will never change: you never changed it.
That wood would be you the great so & so travels and gets something hot dumped on their face for the goblin held hot chai creams tea for that trick, or was it theater?

Did you know it makes no matter of difference as to whether you believe that Apostolic minister who said he had made a short journey to hell to expose what's there?

That God sent him because he would call him to preach the Gospel of the first Apostolic church that hell was no gateway to heaven, or to something that is way better.

Who is not honest enough to not search the subject out for themselves than to take the word of a conspiracy theory that the whole church world made it up, collector.

Of souls, who do you think you are to say that about one of the greatest preachers to have ever lived; that you have nothing to say but to mouth words of an instigator.

He would have never made up such a thing as not being what it was just because he would not lie as you have done to yourself that you won't be happy so just go there.

Just because you have lied to yourself and repeated those same lies enough times well isn't it said enough times that say lies often enough you are just like he was Hitler.

The self-made fascist must be accustomed to himself bringing that same Ashkenazi lie up over to repeats it over and over and over a synopsis of how slanted is a worker.

It's the little things that count so lunch is ready you must be humble to need to admit you have to eat another food plate always hungry for that, so now whose laughter?
I suppose I can't argue with the fact that I just might end up in the outer court of darkness, but when we both get there, you can ask me where we are and I will give you a tour.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:08 PM

465 posts, read 236,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I suppose I can't argue with the fact that I just might end up in the outer court of darkness, but when we both get there, you can ask me where we are and I will give you a tour.
You won't do anything like that bud, just because the fame you have will go down with your one big world tour.

Is that earpiece a conduit to high espionage or is the Oklahoma Valley ready for an earthquake to a world's fair.

Yes you got a bad attitude and that is all it amounts to that a famous face thinks he will have last say to the fares.

Is that desk big enough you sit at when the studio is open or is the stage ready yet for such a joke to find it tares.

If the entertainment industry wasn't already filled up with enough clowns to show how acting goes you're stairs.

Who are you but another waistband full of too much food and drink that a cave's found inside of that dark tower.

'Oh, what?' you made it big by telling the same conspiracy theories one on the inside would know by that darker.

That hot coffee spilt should have said something that a sign of the cross was said that you would find it a marker.

X marks the spot oh is that so bad that X came along to give something back to the one who thinks he is quicker.

You can keep building illusions that the world will have a place for you outside the cobra house provides altars.

Go find a camp filled with saints who pray on their knees night and day that you cannot have their strengths Mr.

You've got a nerve to open that spout to mouth off about people who spent their lives saving souls from hellfire.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:15 PM

23,179 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Ok.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:55 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times
Quote:

No, you're wrong, nate. I DO believe in God. I'm a deist as I have stated a thousand times here, and deists believe in a non-interventionist God. And I don't know for a fact there's no fire in hell. I'm agnostic on it but my suspicion is there isn't. But my question (C! How many times do I have to state it???? ) is "What's the reason for God having to put fire in hell? What does it accomplish? Why can't hell exist as a place of punishment without the fire???? Got it?

Old 08-19-2017, 10:01 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
The percentage is much lower than that, in fact I have seen Evangelicals condemn other Christians (esp Catholics) to Hell many, many times.
On this score, it would be > 95% of the worlds population.
This is a general forum, but the divisions within Christianity itself are extraordinary and extreme.
Doesn't this fact alone prove that Christianity is a false religion? At best it demonstrates that the Holy Spirit is asleep at the switch in allowing so much chaos to rule his own religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality