Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 12:09 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,580,803 times

Advertisements

Many people ask why doesnt the United States seem to be mentioned in the Book of Revelation. It could be that they are looking for the answers in the wrong place. Just what if the identity of Mystery Babylon is actually the United States? Isaiah speaks of Mystery Babylon as being "the daughter of ancient Babylon"

Here are some verses

Book of Revelation:

"MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH... And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, thees shall hate the whor e, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire... and the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth"

1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. (the arrogance of our nation and the fact that we believe we dont deserve bad things happening to us)

8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:

12 The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,

13 And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

14 And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.

15 The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,

16 And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!

17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;

23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

(Revelation 18:1-24)

Now the scripture describes a great city/nation at the end times that rules over the earth. Today that would be New York City and the United States

"23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee" could that be reference to the torch of the Statue of Liberty?

The scripture also decribes Mystery Babylon as being a melting pot for people of all races, regions and background.

Some interesting facts:

The US government structure is based off of the government structure of ancient Babylon. Our statue of liberty has its roots from the Babylonian goddess of Ishtar which was the goddess of "personal freedom" Lady Liberty also represents freedom. As a matter of fact, the base of the statue of liberty is designed like an ancient Babylonian Ziggurat.

Statue of Ishtar (she is holding a torch in one hand and a pamplet of some sort in the other hand)

Statue of Liberty (look familar?)

Just think about how our values as a nation has gone down the tubes. Like the wicked ancient Babylon, America worships its personal freedoms over God. America is the most materialistic nation in the world.

One interesting fact to note......in the rubble of the twin towers on 911, a torn page of the bible was found by itself. The words on that page were about the Tower of Babel.

"5 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whor e sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues."

"18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth."

Last edited by gsoboi; 03-11-2008 at 12:22 PM..

Old 03-11-2008, 12:40 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,068,214 times
Also.... one other interesting fact to note..

if you reverse 911.. you get 119. 119 is the sum of 5 consecutive primes. Psalm 119 is the longest of the Psalms and the longest of the Bible with 176 verses. If you add 1+7+6 together you get 14 which is the exact number I turned when I turned 14.

If you take 2008 (the current year) and divide it by 14 you get 143.42857. If you multiply 143.42857 by zero and then add 23 you get.. 23.

Why is 23 important? Well the statue of liberty was dedicated in 1886.

1+8+8+6 = guess what.. twenty freakin' three.

So based on that.. America is totally the "Mystery Babylon" in the book of revelation..

Old 03-11-2008, 12:48 PM

An alarming number of Bible scholars have now accepted the view that the United States of America is the woman portrayed riding the beast in the book of Revelation. Of a truth most of the descriptions given there can be reasonably applied to the United States that has in many ways turned its back on God to follow after wickedness. In addition the US from its foundation has been a haven for occult based secret societies, in particular, Freemasonry. During the early pre-independence colonial days of the US the Catholic Church was encountering a difficult time establishing settlements in the colonies. Protestant England had forbidden Catholics to hold public office in England and Catholicism was unlawful in the new lands controlled by her. Even Christmas [Christ & Mass] was outlawed because at that time it was recognized as actually being a pagan practice adopted and dressed up by Rome. - The Roman form of Baal worship had a festival on Dec. 25 called 'Saturnia' to honor the birth of the 'sun god'.
(Note also that they later brought in customs giving honor to Catholic Saint Nick on Dec 25th).

Mystery Babylon is the lone Global Superpower
A global superpower in three ways
Economic Superpower
Military Superpower
Political Superpower-

Major Port City-
Greatest and Wealthiest city the world has ever seen-
Home to a large population of Jewish Exiles-
Mystery Babylon is represented by a Woman- Nation/country

Last edited by gsoboi; 03-11-2008 at 12:58 PM..

Old 03-11-2008, 12:54 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,410 times
Pshaww.

The Babylon spoken of is Rome. Ancient Rome. Written as a curse against the empire subjugating the Jews, but not named so as to avoid persecution.

America disolved into wickedness? Take a look at some other countries and we're a downright bleedin' virgin!

Some Americans need to get over themselves

Old 03-11-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
Pshaww.

The Babylon spoken of is Rome. Ancient Rome. Written as a curse against the empire subjugating the Jews, but not named so as to avoid persecution.

America disolved into wickedness? Take a look at some other countries and we're a downright bleedin' virgin!

Some Americans need to get over themselves
actually its speaking of America. The roman empire was a reincarnation of the Babylonian empire but the American empire is a reincarnation of both the Babylonian and Roman empire.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:08 PM

faces in the smoke on 911.....Is it Satan? keep in mind these were not photoshoped and they appeared unfilter on the news stations.

Something else interesting...fold a $20 bill in the shape of an "airplane"

ALSO Q33 NY was the name of one of the planes that crashed into the tower

type "Q33 NY" in MS word and convert to wingdings and you get this

Last edited by gsoboi; 03-11-2008 at 01:16 PM..

Old 03-11-2008, 01:27 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,382,731 times
When I was about 7 years old I learned that you can fold up a dollar bill to make it say "T*TS OF AMERICA".
Conicidence?

Old 03-11-2008, 01:35 PM

Well since it wasn't photoshopped.. then its most certainly true.

I saw a house get struck by lightning once and I saw satan next to the lightning bolt. That means people living in houses are satan.

Seriously.. this photo has not been altered..
Attached Thumbnails
Is America "Mystery Babylon" in the book of Revelation?-ridethelightning.bmp  

Old 03-11-2008, 01:38 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,382,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Well since it wasn't photoshopped.. then its most certainly true.

I saw a house get struck by lightning once and I saw satan next to the lightning bolt. That means people living in houses are satan.

Seriously.. this photo has not been altered..
Wait a second...I live in a house...and I know others who do as well!
Thank you for exposing this troubling fact, bigthirsty.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Wait a second...I live in a house...and I know others who do as well!
Thank you for exposing this troubling fact, bigthirsty.
Hey I'm just here to help. The thirsties moved into a tent off I-35 about a month ago.. Just can't be too careful these days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.