Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 11:52 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times

Advertisements

Simple Living...Look again and you will see an ox in the first pic...Well at least that's what I see.

The second looks like some creature with a huge mouth looking to the left.

To me the third reminds me of an elephant.

And yes the last is fake..Somebody sent it by e-mail trying to pass it off as real.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:53 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,105,666 times
I have a sincere question for unbelievers and I'd like honest, non-flippant responses, if that's not asking too much.

Say for the sake of argument that what many Christians are saying is true and we are in the end times. What would you do/think, through the passage of time and events, if you saw what Christians described coming to pass? Things like the New World Order, the antichrist, the one world monetary and religious systems, Russia being the Bear described in Revelation as the "nation to the north" aligning with Iran and attacking, etc.,

If you saw these things actually happen, do you think you would still disbelieve or would you perhaps think, "Those folks were right"?

A sub-question to that is this: What would it take for you to believe Christianity is the one, true religion? I am very sincerely interested.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Simple Living...Look again and you will see an ox in the first pic...Well at least that's what I see.

The second looks like some creature with a huge mouth looking to the left.

To me the third reminds me of an elephant.

And yes the last is fake..Somebody sent it by e-mail trying to pass it off as real.
I'm not seeing the ox, though. Can you explain? Upon second glance, it does look a bit like some froo-froo dog. See the blue circle on the right? That's the nose and the tiny blue dot to the upper left of it is the eye.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:07 AM

I cannot know those thing are true or right anymore than you can. I don't believe anything outside of the physical realm can be known as fact. I don't see anything that can convince me of Christianity, unless Christ took me on a personal tour of heaven and hell. I can only believe what my senses tell me are true, as for the spiritual realm nobody can say if it is fact or fiction if they are honest with themselves.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Yeah right...You do not know this...Silly assumptions are all ya got...Canada is armed to the teeth ya know. There is a pitchfork in every home!
Canada has it's role to play but it won't be the nation to the north.

Daniel 11:40–45 mentions the final war and they come from the North, South, East, and West. North of Israel is Russia. And so they will come against Israel per Ezekiel 38 & 39. Then it mentions the South, and that's Egypt, and an assortment of Arab Nations. They also come from the East, (the Orient, China) leading the second invasion of the Armageddon campaign You'll find this in Revelation 16:12 and Revelation 9:14-18.

But then there are the Western powers, and that’s the present EU. Part of that is Ezekiel 38:16 when Tarsus and all her young lions come against those who oppose Israel, and that's the English speaking nations of the world including Canada. “Tarshish and all the young lions thereof” (Great Britain - whose national symbol is the lion and she is the "mother" of the United States, Canada, Australia, and their possessions – Ezekiel 38:13)

Old 06-20-2008, 12:15 AM

Old 06-20-2008, 12:17 AM

Quote:
I cannot know those thing are true or right anymore than you can. I don't believe anything outside of the physical realm can be known as fact. I don't see anything that can convince me of Christianity, unless Christ took me on a personal tour of heaven and hell. I can only believe what my senses tell me are true, as for the spiritual realm nobody can say if it is fact or fiction if they are honest with themselves.
I understand what you're saying and I can respect that. I'm just speaking in the "for sake of argument" sake. If you saw the things we're speaking of NOW begin to unfold LATER... would that cause you to reconsider?

I don't ask these questions so I can point and say, "Ha! See! You're not a true atheist/agnostic!" I ask this only in the spirit that I mentioned above.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:18 AM

Quote:
I wish I had your computer skills. Everything you pointed to is what I saw... I just saw it as some froo-froo dog! Thanks!

Old 06-20-2008, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
I understand what you're saying and I can respect that. I'm just speaking in the "for sake of argument" sake. If you saw the things we're speaking of NOW begin to unfold LATER... would that cause you to reconsider?

I don't ask these questions so I can point and say, "Ha! See! You're not a true atheist/agnostic!" I ask this only in the spirit that I mentioned above.
No, it would not make me reconsider. I would consider it just more atrocities committed by man. I am an atheist, which simply means I do not believe in any higher power. It does not mean that I know no gods exist, as that is not possible, anymore than you can know they do.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
I wish I had your computer skills. Everything you pointed to is what I saw... I just saw it as some froo-froo dog! Thanks!
That is the beauty of cloud shapes, most of us see different things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality