Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 06:24 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If you believe in the Bible and the Book of Revelation you would understand that the Bible clearly states that blessed is he that understands this prophecy. Anotherwords, the Bible is letting you know that the prophecies will be understood by some. To say that only God knows requires that you ignore the written Word that is telling you just the oppsite. If you study the Bible and ask God for guidence He will reveal the hidden things to you. Who Babylon is, and where it is located requires you to know the prophecies of both the Old and New Testaments. Babylon is a physical country because the Bible tells us this. And what is going to happen to Babylon in the future will be found in Jermiah 50 and 51.
Thank you for your explanation. I do not believe God is a respecter of persons who has revealed His word to some believers, and not to other believers. I maintain that the book of Revelation is almost all symbolic, and is teaching Christians that they will prevail, and evil will be destroyed.

I believe Romans 1.16 : For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:03 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
Thank you for your explanation. I do not believe God is a respecter of persons who has revealed His word to some believers, and not to other believers. I maintain that the book of Revelation is almost all symbolic, and is teaching Christians that they will prevail, and evil will be destroyed.

I believe Romans 1.16 : For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Well God is not a respecter of persons, yet He is true to His Word. And if God tells us that some would understand certain prophecies, then I believe God. There is symbolism in the Book of Revelation, yet there are many other important details found there that should not be over looked or ignored. Revelation 18 cannot be understood unless you read Jermiah 50 and 51. God does not waste Words in meaningless symbolism. The prophecies of Christ first coming were all literal, and after the death of Christ on the cross one could see how such prophecies fit Christ first coming. The reason the Jews did not understand who Christ was , was because they did not look to His literal fulfillment. Unless you study the literal prophecies of God, His actions in the future will be a mystery to you.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:59 AM

348 posts, read 557,224 times
Default Babylon = Jerusalem

No, Mystery Babylon is not America, and we can find this out very easily by going to scripture. There are many clues.

Revelation 17:3-6 So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast [which was] full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication. And on her forehead a name [was] written: MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great amazement.

The above is just one of many of the clues. Notice that on the womans forehead is written. "BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH".

Who might be drunk with the blood of the saints? It is the woman for sure. Can we agree?

Old 06-23-2008, 07:24 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,344,914 times
How could Babylon be Jerusalem Hiram when the Mount of Olives is there among other Holy places? And how is Jerusalem drunk with the blood of the saints?

They weren't feeding Christians to lions or anything like that were they? Or using them in gladiatorial games for blood sport?

Babylon will go up in smoke forever. Jesus will return to the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem.

Dang im not even in the right thread. How'd that happen? Sorry ive been up all night.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:27 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Good grief! A woman with seven heads and ten horns!...And you take this literally?

Hallucinations and delusions ( hearing voices seeing impossible things etc. ) are signs of schizophrenia, a very common mental illness today. I wonder how common it was in biblical times when people knew nothing of mental illness...It would sure explain a lot of the fantastical things written in the bible....Just saying.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:32 AM

348 posts, read 557,224 times
Default Jerusalem has the blood of the Prophets and Saints on It's Hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pines View Post
How could Babylon be Jerusalem Hiram when the Mount of Olives is there among other Holy places?
Quote:
And how is Jerusalem drunk with the blood of the saints?
They weren't feeding Christians to lions or anything like that were they? Or using them in gladiatorial games for blood sport?

Babylon will go up in smoke forever. Jesus will return to the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem.

Dang im not even in the right thread. How'd that happen? Sorry ive been up all night.
Below we have scripture explaining how much blood Jerusaulem is responsible for.

Matthew 23:29-36 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous, "and say, 'If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.' "Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. "Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers' [guilt.] "Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? "Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: [some] of them you will kill and crucify, and [some] of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, "that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. "Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.

Luke 13:33-34 "Nevertheless I must journey today, tomorrow, and the [day] following; for it cannot be that a prophet should perish outside of Jerusalem. " O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen [gathers] her brood under [her] wings, but you were not willing!

Acts 7:51-52 [You] stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers [did,] so [do] you. "Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? And they killed those who foretold the coming of the Just One, of whom you now have become the betrayers and murderers,

Romans 11:2-5 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying, "LORD, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life"? But what does the divine response say to him? "I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal." Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

1 Thesalonians 2:14-15 For you, brethren, became imitators of the churches of God which are in Judea in Christ Jesus. For you also suffered the same things from your own countrymen, just as they [did] from the Judeans, 15 who killed both the Lord Jesus and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they do not please God and are contrary to all men,

James 5:10 My brethren, take the prophets, who spoke in the name of the Lord, as an example of suffering and patience.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:15 AM

303 posts, read 569,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Interesting post and theory, gsoboi. It really does make sense. I never would have related the "candle" to the statue of Liberty. You may have something here.

I'll tell you one thing, the entire nation may be destroyed in one hour sometime in the very near future, but I think God has his thumb on the detonator right this minute for California. We all know what happened to Sodom and Gomorrah.
I have read this same verse dozens of times and a couple of weeks ago I was reading it again and suddenly this is what it was saying to me....
REVELATION 18
23 and the light of a lamp ( JESUS ) shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom ( JESUS ) and of the bride ( the Church ) shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the princes of the earth; for with thy sorcery were all the nations deceived.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:44 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Is America "Mystery Babylon" in the book of Revelation?
Nope. That's 1st century Rome. What shall we talk about now?

Old 06-23-2009, 12:46 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Nope. That's 1st century Rome. What shall we talk about now?

Exactly. Revelation is all about Rome and Emperor Nero

Old 06-23-2009, 12:54 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
This thread has come to an end, it is now being closed, y'all have a good day..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality