Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was Christ a yogi?
Yes, and one of the most advanced to ever have incarnated on earth 28 60.87%
Yogi? what's that? hmmmmm I don't know, don't think so 18 39.13%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 02:18 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,221,727 times

Advertisements

It just makes sense that many times through the ages, the Creator has seen fit to send to humans enlightened messengers to bring a message of love and peace and light, to humans who were in dark times. These have happened across time, across culture, in all places on the globe. Some say these enlightened beings though appearing under different names at different centuries and in different traditions, are essentially the same essence, appearing for the same reasons.

It makes sense to me that they are all messengers of God's love for humans, that is the important thing.

As far as differentiating between different messengers, the best yardstick I know is does this messenger work through love and acceptance (enlightened); or through fear and judgment (not enlightened).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 10:40 PM

1 posts, read 7,336 times
"Christ is the key here. Jesus Christ was born of God of the virgin mary. He had no earthly father. He is separate and distinct from any other personality. He died on a cross and was resurrected for your salvation.Something no other human including buddha,krishna or anybody else you can name could ever hope to do. Because Jesus was the one.. and only one... sinless person that ever walked on the earth. Buddha and all humans that have lived or ever will live were and are sinners and will one day confess that Jesus is Lord. That he is their savior. They are in need of a savior just like you and me. If they have not confessed that and believed it in their heart they will face the wrath of God Almighty just like the rest of sinful humanity. The wrath of Almighty God is a horrible thing my friend,I hope you pray To God the Father for understanding and to open your eyes to his truth.Turn away from and not fall for the god consciousness theory. It will lead you to wrath and destruction. Remember,satan is the father of lies. Do not be deceived. Open the bible and search for the truth. If you truly seek him God will show you."

Jesus was a great man but there were also other gods who graced this earth. you might know all the facts of one but before you can properly give your opinion you must at least know some of the teachings of other gods and religions. Furthermore, If we had to believe in jesus to recieve true salvation what about the people befoe his time; can they not attain true salvation? These gods are all sent on earth to guide human to the path of good . the Supreme god is all-pervading. Christ, Shri Krishna, Budda, allah, moses, Shiva..... and so on are all here to help us reconize the good within ourselves and how to live a good life. Jesus was not the only sinless person to walk this earth, one is in no way better than the other. , the bible is the word of god,but so is the Gita and the Quran ETC.... They are all the children of the supreme god

Old 06-03-2008, 02:57 AM

1 posts, read 7,312 times
Default meaning of Christ

friends pls cheak the meaning of Christ in roman language. at last it comes to Krishna. This is what i have read. For more detail u can read SCIENCE OF SELF REALISATION book. thanks.... GOD BLESS U ALL.......... IF ANYONE FOLLOWS ANY RELISION WITH FULL FAITH AND FOLLOW THE RULES THEN SURELY HE WIL REACH TO GOD, THERE IS NO DOUBT IN THAT.... FAITH AND FOLLOW...

this is what i read and understood. if anyone felt bad then sorry. my aim was not to heart anyone............

Old 06-03-2008, 03:09 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Don't know, nor do I care.
I don't believe in saints or yogis.
Nor do I believe in Nirvana, heaven or enlightenment.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:38 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,864,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Nor do I believe in Nirvana...
C'mon! You have to at least admit that "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was a great song.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:52 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Originally Posted by Xpat
Quote:
C'mon! You have to at least admit that "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was a great song.
Nope, I don't believe in spirits and I'm not a teenager anywayz.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:04 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
I find the notion of yogis and all concepts spiritual/supernatural highly unlikely and should be seen with a fair bit of skepticism.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:27 PM

790 posts, read 4,019,693 times

I imagine so.
Most people have such an incredibly limited notion of who Jesus was and their only source of so-called knowledge regarding Jesus and the Christ is the bible and that is so very unfortunate.
There is no awareness of the deeper, esoteric streams of "Christianity" and a sad reliance on a collection of words expressed by a very imperfect bunch of humans.
And adding to these sad facts is the insistence that it (the bible) is the "word of god" and the only way to know and understand Christ.
The interpretation and misinterpretation and mis-use of that book has done more harm than good.
Sigh.

Was Christ a Yogi?-christianity_jesus_meditating_golden_light.gif

Old 06-04-2008, 03:18 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,032 times
I have never read so much hogwash as has been put forth on this thread !

Jesus is the Christ, the only begotten Son of the living God, PERIOD !

Old 06-04-2008, 06:48 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
I have never read so much hogwash as has been put forth on this thread !

Jesus is the Christ, the only begotten Son of the living God, PERIOD !
For you it might be that way, but there are others who think differently, and enjoy having a dialogue about this.

What's a Yogi? a sacred scientist, someone who has succesfuly found God by their own effort and merged with the only begotten son of God, aka Christ or Krishna consciousness.

For us who believe this, anyone can recover the christ consciousness and become Christ like, just like Buddha, Muhammad, Moses, etc, by a constant and hard effort on their spiritual discipline, right action, discernment, devotion, yoga excercize and meditation, specially meditation because when a yogi is able to withdraw his energy from his body and senses and focus it on the christ center (the point between the eyebrows) he can then be baptized by the light of the Christ consciousness and realize that he is nothing else but spirit, that spirit is the life behind his life, the thoughts behind his thoughts, the power behind his actions, once this is achieved, and the devotee is able to cleanse his/her mind from any thought other than God, or Christ, Krishna, Buddha, The divine mother, etc he will have succesfully attained the Christ state.

After several lifes of spiritual effort, Jesus became a self realized master or saint in a previous life and then he chose to incarnate on earth as an avatar, who is a being completely in tune with God, this is the reason Christ was able to alter the molecular density of his feet by the power of his thoughts and walk on water, or raise the dead and heal the sick, he hasn't been the only master capable of doing this though, there have been many others and specially in India.

why has india been blessed with so many Christ like saints and avatars? There is something special about this place, here it was where religion and spirituality started, and also the only culture who developed a set of scientific techniques to develop the powers of the soul and undersand the mystery of God by the means of a personal and scientific experience, opposed to dogmatic thought and blind belief, this is known as Yoga, which Jesus learnt the time he spent on India during the years not much is known about him.

Even in these days, it is possible to find Yogis in India with Christ like powers, this seldom happens elsewhere, although there are people like the german saint theresa neumann who was able to live without food, but this is very rare, much more than in India.

and I personally prefer to think this way, makes much more sense to me and others.

Last edited by Travelling fella; 06-04-2008 at 07:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality