Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was Christ a yogi?
Yes, and one of the most advanced to ever have incarnated on earth 28 60.87%
Yogi? what's that? hmmmmm I don't know, don't think so 18 39.13%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 12:45 PM

186 posts, read 190,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
thanks-but theres one thing there that i dont get-i always thought of it as God dwell's inside as Himself and I the soul am only a tiny part of Hs whole existence in other word's although Yoga combines or link's the individual with the energy of God there is still a distinction between God and the devotee-one is always subservient and although we are the same in quality just not in quantity as God we still are different and always dependent on Him an never on the same level-except whats in our heart's.........im not tryin to be argumantative here or waist your time it was just that one line that i dont understand-"God dwells inside you,as you"............thanks for you time anyway

The Life-Force within "you" is God given. On loan in other words.
The you you think you are is mortal, dust to dust. The life-force within you, You Conscience/Soul, God given) is immortal.
So "you" are two but not two.
The distinction is, you "think" you are seperate from God so you are, at least in "your" mind.
That is the illusion, the ego (devil) convinces "you" that he doesn't exist, so you 'think' you are who you think you are, again illusion. Perpetuated by Ego and sustained by "your" belief in the lie. Thinking it is so, makes it so, when it comes to psyche and an ambiguous, or wayward soul.
"Man cannot serve two Masters."

"Get thee behind me Satan." God dwells inside you as you. You are not who you think you are, you are much more sublime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 01:19 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Drifter View Post
The Life-Force within "you" is God given. On loan in other words.
The you you think you are is mortal, dust to dust. The life-force within you, You Conscience/Soul, God given) is immortal.
So "you" are two but not two.
The distinction is, you "think" you are seperate from God so you are, at least in "your" mind.
That is the illusion, the ego (devil) convinces "you" that he doesn't exist, so you 'think' you are who you think you are, again illusion. Perpetuated by Ego and sustained by "your" belief in the lie. Thinking it is so, makes it so, when it comes to psyche and an ambiguous, or wayward soul.
"Man cannot serve two Masters."

"Get thee behind me Satan." God dwells inside you as you. You are not who you think you are, you are much more sublime.
yeah i know what you mean-i have a little knowledege,im just not putting it into practice at the moment my life is a bit hectic with 3 young kids but i like to learn from anyone i can-
everybody's got to serve somebody-and at the moment its my family

Old 04-15-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
yeah i know what you mean-i have a little knowledege,im just not putting it into practice at the moment my life is a bit hectic with 3 young kids but i like to learn from anyone i can-
everybody's got to serve somebody-and at the moment its my family
Even more reason to enculcate the divine into your presence. Give your Soul its props/dues. Allow it a presence in your life. It will never steer you wrong, inlike the ego. Where ego I go.

All the best.
Namaste`

ps, Allowing your soul to manifest is like your being the best Father/Mother to your own self, any kid could ever hope for.
Then teach your children to trust their own Conscience as well.
Who really wants a lfe of suffering brought on by a self-will-run-riot, out-of-control, never satisfied Ego?

Conscience, known to and celebrated by the Greeks as their "GENIUS, is our ever trustworthy parental 'Spirit'.
Om Namah Shivaya

Old 04-15-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Even more reason to enculcate the divine into your presence. Give your Soul its props/dues. Allow it a presence in your life. It will never steer you wrong, inlike the ego. Where ego I go.

All the best.
Namaste`

ps, Allowing your soul to manifest is like your being the best Father/Mother to your own self, any kid could ever hope for.
Then teach your children to trust their own Conscience as well.
Who really wants a lfe of suffering brought on by a self-will-run-riot, out-of-control, never satisfied Ego?

Conscience, known to and celebrated by the Greeks as their "GENIUS, is our ever trustworthy parental 'Spirit'.
Om Namah Shivaya
thanks-for that nice bit of positive advice-Om Namah Shivaya-Hari bol.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
thanks-for that nice bit of positive advice-Om Namah Shivaya-Hari bol.
Resolved Question

Show me another »
What is the meaning of HARI BOL?
  • 2 years ago
[SIZE=3]Best Answer[/SIZE] - Chosen by Asker
"Say Hari"(Lord's name) and by that bring to consciousness all the exploits of the Lord,how playfully He destroyed the evil and protected the good; the very sound of it-that is why it is said chant Hari-produces vibrations in the body and surroundings that ushers in harmony and balance of our system (coherence in the brain reflected on EEG measurement and balance of sympathetic and parasympathetic branch of the autonomic nervous system)."

You know, as a 'form', "you" really have no choice or free-will.

"You", as a form and mortal, will do either what is soul-felt in you, or what is ego-driven in you. Each individual must discern the difference between the two...for themselves.

Many are called but few are chosen. That "call" is the soul crying out for expression in one's present presence (now).

The ego drives/controls us by our urges and our desires (emotions).
Live in the bondage of the self, or,
live in the freedom and liberation of the Self. See "The Allegory of Plato's Cave."

A sinner in every Saint.
A Saint in every sinner.

Choose to live a virtuous and moral life based on the Cardinal and Knightly Virtues and be a participant in the evolution and ascent of Society.

As the twig is bent
So shall the tree grow.

Om Namah Shivaya: "I bow to the Lord who abides within."
He dwells within me as my Conscience/ conscious and awakened Soul (Higher-Power) having conquered the ego (lower nature) within me.

With God behind/above me (guiding/lighting the path
what evil/darkness can stand in front of or engulf me?

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...Plato%27s+Cave

"May His will be done and not my own."

Last edited by Ocean Drifter; 04-16-2010 at 07:24 AM..

Old 04-16-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Resolved Question

Show me another »
What is the meaning of HARI BOL?
  • 2 years ago
[SIZE=3]Best Answer[/SIZE] - Chosen by Asker
"Say Hari"(Lord's name) and by that bring to consciousness all the exploits of the Lord,how playfully He destroyed the evil and protected the good; the very sound of it-that is why it is said chant Hari-produces vibrations in the body and surroundings that ushers in harmony and balance of our system (coherence in the brain reflected on EEG measurement and balance of sympathetic and parasympathetic branch of the autonomic nervous system)."

You know, as a 'form', "you" really have no choice or free-will.

"You", as a form and mortal, will do either what is soul-felt in you, or what is ego-driven in you. Each individual must discern the difference between the two...for themselves.

Many are called but few are chosen. That "call" is the soul crying out for expression in one's present presence (now).

The ego drives/controls us by our urges and our desires (emotions).
Live in the bondage of the self, or,
live in the freedom and liberation of the Self. See "The Allegory of Plato's Cave."

A sinner in every Saint.
A Saint in every sinner.

Choose to live a virtuous and moral life based on the Cardinal and Knightly Virtues and be a participant in the evolution and ascent of Society.

As the twig is bent
So shall the tree grow.

Om Namah Shivaya: "I bow to the Lord who abides within."
He dwells within me as my Conscience/ conscious and awakened Soul (Higher-Power) having conquered the ego (lower nature) within me.

With God behind/above me (guiding/lighting the path
what evil/darkness can stand in front of or engulf me?

The Allegory of Plato's Cave - Google Search

"May His will be done and not my own."
that plato thingy was interesting-what i got from it(and this is only my interpretation)is that everything we perceive bye the senses is really only a shadow or reflection of the more real spiritual nature that exists inside everything-and although we think we know what is real we are only perceiving that which is made real bye the cause behind it-

Old 04-17-2010, 06:30 AM

Quote:
that plato thingy was interesting-what i got from it(and this is only my interpretation)is that everything we perceive bye the senses is really only a shadow or reflection of the more real spiritual nature that exists inside everything-and although we think we know what is real we are only perceiving that which is made real bye the cause behind it-

Most live in the illusion, few see it for what it is. (wake-up)

So, what's really important? The picture is not the Painter, the street sign is not the street, the creature is not the Creator, yet each is in the other, no?
One is shallow and superficial, the other is the essence of what is.

Illusion or Truth? Ego or Conscience? One is an Impostor and edges god out.

The other is the truth, the light and the way...

The question then becomes;
Can 'you' see your way?
and who is this seeing/looking? (two choices)

Identify it.

Last edited by Ocean Drifter; 04-17-2010 at 06:40 AM..

Old 04-17-2010, 07:59 AM

People at times use words to disqise their thoughts.

Does Language control thought?

http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/proverbs.htm

Old 12-31-2010, 10:06 AM

19 posts, read 19,332 times
Quote:

Most live in the illusion, few see it for what it is. (wake-up)

So, what's really important? The picture is not the Painter, the street sign is not the street, the creature is not the Creator, yet each is in the other, no?
One is shallow and superficial, the other is the essence of what is.

Illusion or Truth? Ego or Conscience? One is an Impostor and edges god out.

The other is the truth, the light and the way...

The question then becomes;
Can 'you' see your way?
and who is this seeing/looking? (two choices)

Identify it.
Hello Ocean Drifter

I remember arguing with two people (angels),
they said, "It's time to go."
I said, "I don't want to go."

They said, "You have to go."
I said, "But I don't want to go."

They pushed me, and. . . .,
"I" was born.

I've been in The Ego Tunnel
ever since.

Partaking of the
sweet and the bitter fruits
of the Tree of Life.

I'm referring to the life
[as I know it]
of the Psyche/Ego-dichotomy,
lived within the hardware [worldly-constraints]
of a CNS.

Out there is
the extension [of a 'living'-life]
of in here...[in this life but not of it].

A symbiotic,
Co-existence.

A 'postbiotic'
Self realization.

Man forever walks beneath the shadow of tragedy.
Constant vigilance of the virtues of life is his only reprieve.

I can deal much easier with all trouble,
when I feel I didn't ordain it for myself or others.

Ego affords us a false pride and a pale happiness.
A sense of entitlement, and sometimes life gives us a boot.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality