Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was Christ a yogi?
Yes, and one of the most advanced to ever have incarnated on earth 28 60.87%
Yogi? what's that? hmmmmm I don't know, don't think so 18 39.13%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 03:37 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
the christ consciousness is omnipresent in creation, it's the intelligence that regulates this world, and is in charge of the physical and metaphysical laws of it, like gravity or karma.
If this is the case, then why do so many people dispute or deny His existence? If His consciousness is so prevelant, then everyone should be "in touch" with Him and we should have a very different existence than the one we have now.

There is only one true God and we cannot aspire to or be elevated to His position in any way, shape or form. If we were able to, then He would cease to be the God that the Bible states that He is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2007, 06:01 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,153 times
hey travelling,
The bible says there is one God and one mediator between God and men,the man Christ Jesus..1 Tim.2:5. If that is true then those other people,krishna,buddha.etc. could not reach have reached God for 1 of 2 reasons. 1..if they lived before Jesus and reached that consciousness,then they would be the way to God the Father not Jesus. They would have been the example. 2... If they lived after Christ,they would have to have acknowledged that Jesus was the Savior of the world and God`s son. Which they did not. It just comes down to whether you believe the bible is truly God`s word or not. If you do, then the yogi theory is false. If you don`t, then one can believe the yogi theory or any number of theories Just my opinion.

Thanks for posting

Old 12-22-2007, 09:50 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
If this is the case, then why do so many people dispute or deny His existence? If His consciousness is so prevelant, then everyone should be "in touch" with Him and we should have a very different existence than the one we have now.
Imho it's all part of the divine plan for us, we'll slowly continue evolving until all humans reach that holy state.

Quote:
There is only one true God and we cannot aspire to or be elevated to His position in any way, shape or form. If we were able to, then He would cease to be the God that the Bible states that He is.
Why would he cease to be God? and why can't we aspire to get back home, to discover that the only reality is God alone, is not that we become Gods ourselves, we simply wake up to truth, that all this time, it was God dreaming he was a human being, and he was dreaming of this world, this reality which is nothing but consensed cosmic thoughts of his concsiousness

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
hey travelling,
The bible says there is one God and one mediator between God and men,the man Christ Jesus..1 Tim.2:5. If that is true then those other people,krishna,buddha.etc. could not reach have reached God for 1 of 2 reasons. 1..if they lived before Jesus and reached that consciousness,then they would be the way to God the Father not Jesus.
They are a way to God!! if you follow their teachings and adopt them as yours you'll get there

And yes, there is only one son of God and mediator, that is the Christ consciousness

Quote:
If they lived after Christ,they would have to have acknowledged that Jesus was the Savior of the world and God`s son. Which they did not. It just comes down to whether you believe the bible is truly God`s word or not. If you do, then the yogi theory is false. If you don`t, then one can believe the yogi theory or any number of theories Just my opinion.

Thanks for posting
Most great men of God recognize others, no one has ever stated that he is the one and only, and saints and avatars who've came after Jesus acknowledge that he as one of the greatest avatars that have incarnated on this earth.

Of course the bible is the word of God, but so is every sacred scripture, they are just different ways to get to the same God, suited for different personalities, no religion is above the others, they are simply different ways for different people, it depends on the individual's desire to reach God, and the amount of effort he puts on it what will take him there.

Christ is the key here, one thing is Jesus the man and other thing is Jesus the Christ, it's the same with Krishna, one thing is Jadava the Man, and other is Jadava the Krishna

Christ and Krishna, or Christna, two avatars of the unique truth.

Christ-Krishna Connection (Part 1)

"Krishna or Christ - the name is the same."

~ Swami Prabhupada

Despite their differences, Hinduism and Christianity have great similarities. And this is particularly prominent in the case of the life and teachings of the two central figures of these world religions — Christ and Krishna.

Similarities in just the names of 'Christ' and 'Krishna' have enough fuel for the curious mind to prod into the proposition that they were indeed one and the same person. Although there is little historical evidence, it is hard to ignore a host of likenesses between Jesus Christ and Lord Krishna. Analyze this!

Moderator cut: snippet and link only please

Last edited by Alpha8207; 01-08-2008 at 06:44 AM..

Old 12-23-2007, 12:06 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,153 times
[quote=Travelling fella;231943]

Quote:
They are a way to God!! if you follow their teachings and adopt them as yours you'll get there
I disagree..again Jesus said he is the only way!

Quote:
And yes, there is only one son of God and mediator, that is the Christ consciousness
No..it is Christ the Lord ,the first begotten over all creation. The Man,Jesus of Nazareth. no consciousness or feeling or anything else. There is only one Saviour of the world and it is Jesus Christ..not a Jesus consciousness or likeness or feeling or anything else.

Quote:
Most great men of God recognize others, no one has ever stated that he is the one and only, and saints and avatars who've came after Jesus acknowledge that he as one of the greatest avatars that have incarnated on this earth.
Again, not true. Jesus is that one man who stated he is the one and only. That is what separates Jesus from all others. Jesus said...No one comes to the Father but by me. Not me and some other avatar or me and buddha,or me and krishna,or me and anybody else. Acts 4:12....No one else can save us. Indeed, we can be saved only by the power of the one named Jesus and not by any other person

Quote:
Of course the bible is the word of God, but so is every sacred scripture, they are just different ways to get to the same God, suited for different personalities, no religion is above the others, they are simply different ways for different people, it depends on the individual's desire to reach God, and the amount of effort he puts on it what will take him there.
You stated the bible is the word of God and then proceeded to disclaim it. If it is the word of God as you say then it cannot be full of lies. It says that Jesus is the only way. If you believe in buddhism,Krishna,avatars,fairies,leprocauns,consci ousness,etc. then you are strongly misled and mistaken and you do not truly believe the bible.

Quote:
Christ is the key here, one thing is Jesus the man and other thing is Jesus the Christ, it's the same with Krishna, one thing is Jadava the Man, and other is Jadava the Krishna
Christ is the key here. Jesus Christ was born of God of the virgin mary. He had no earthly father. He is separate and distinct from any other personality. He died on a cross and was resurrected for your salvation.Something no other human including buddha,krishna or anybody else you can name could ever hope to do. Because Jesus was the one.. and only one... sinless person that ever walked on the earth. Buddha and all humans that have lived or ever will live were and are sinners and will one day confess that Jesus is Lord. That he is their savior. They are in need of a savior just like you and me. If they have not confessed that and believed it in their heart they will face the wrath of God Almighty just like the rest of sinful humanity. The wrath of Almighty God is a horrible thing my friend,I hope you pray To God the Father for understanding and to open your eyes to his truth.Turn away from and not fall for the god consciousness theory. It will lead you to wrath and destruction. Remember,satan is the father of lies. Do not be deceived. Open the bible and search for the truth. If you truly seek him God will show you.

Quote:
Despite their differences, Hinduism and Christianity have great similarities. And this is particularly prominent in the case of the life and teachings of the two central figures of these world religions — Christ and Krishna.
Quote:
Similarities in just the names of 'Christ' and 'Krishna' have enough fuel for the curious mind to prod into the proposition that they were indeed one and the same person. Although there is little historical evidence, it is hard to ignore a host of likenesses between Jesus Christ and Lord Krishna. Analyze this!
The reason for the similarities is because satan is the father of lies. He shows himself as an angel of light. He strives to be like God. So he impersonates the things of God. That is how he deceives,just like you are deceived. If he came like the true being he is,most would turn away. So he traps you with a little truth mixed with lies. He tries to resemble the real thing. You have fallen for the deception and not the real thing. Again,you should really open your bible and read Gods word. You will come to the realization that you have been deceived. But you have to really want to know the truth and be strong enough to not fall for every impersonation. I pray for your understanding and longing for the truth. Because the truth shall set you free.

Last edited by Alpha8207; 01-08-2008 at 06:47 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 12-23-2007, 05:50 AM

Full respect dear brother, I get what you say, but thank God, my way to liberation and my understanding of the word of God is different

I like more the word liberation or कैवल्य : kaivalya rather than salvation because to quote you the truth shall set us free.

And don't worry too much about me but thank you for your kind and sincere prayers from the bottom of my heart!!! one day in the sea of spirit we'll meet again I pray for that to happen as fast as possible.

Satan is powerful, but he can't invade the temple of God, if righteousness and truth is in your heart, thoughts, feelings, words and actions you are protected, don't fear him or fear evil, because that means you still keep it in your heart, face it!!! fight him with the burning eyes of wisdom!!!!!

Wisdom is the wrath of God that protects me from evil the wrath of God is something beautiful because it is light, and it's a protection, I do not fear my father because he is love, and he who loves, in God remains and God in him

Asato mā sad gamaya / Tamaso mā jyotir gamaya / Mṛtyor mā amṛtam gamaya

Lead me from non-truth to truth/ Lead me from darkness to light/ Lead me from mortality to immortality

Liberation, Liberation, Liberation!

God bless

Last edited by Travelling fella; 12-23-2007 at 07:26 AM..

Old 12-23-2007, 06:07 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Quote:
Christ is the key here. Jesus Christ was born of God of the virgin mary. He had no earthly father. He is separate and distinct from any other personality. He died on a cross and was resurrected for your salvation.Something no other human including buddha,krishna or anybody else you can name could ever hope to do. Because Jesus was the one.. and only one... sinless person that ever walked on the earth. Buddha and all humans that have lived or ever will live were and are sinners and will one day confess that Jesus is Lord. That he is their savior. They are in need of a savior just like you and me.
God bless.

Old 12-23-2007, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Christ is the key here. Jesus Christ was born of God of the virgin mary. He had no earthly father. He is separate and distinct from any other personality. He died on a cross and was resurrected for your salvation.Something no other human including buddha,krishna or anybody else you can name could ever hope to do. Because Jesus was the one.. and only one... sinless person that ever walked on the earth. Buddha and all humans that have lived or ever will live were and are sinners and will one day confess that Jesus is Lord. That he is their savior. They are in need of a savior just like you and me.
In all fairness and with due respect.

How can you be so sure of that statement if you don't know about Lord Krishna's deeds? or Buddha's? the other Christ's that have blessed this earth

would God be so selfish to endow one son with his self? or could it be that God in his omnipresence endowed all his sons with his divine light, waiting paitently for them to discover it by unconditional love!!

Aren't we all sons of God? don't we all deserve the same right?

Isn't our father/mother pure unconditional and eternal love?

Is there any difference between the worst sinner and the holliest saint on the eyes of the father?

The quest for God/Divinity/Self realization/Christ consciousness is a quest that will span many lifes, until you realize that all the people who loved you was God loving you through them, until you realize that it's only the father who will be with you forever and learn to love unconditionally, then you will be saved!!

Unfortunately, the concept of reincarnation was taken from christanity because it wasn't on the church's best interests.

Reincarnation and Christianity (broken link)

Early references to reincarnation in the New Testament were deleted in the 4th century by Emperor Constantine when Christianity became the official religion of the Roman Empire. Could it be that the emperor had felt that the concept of reincarnation was threatening to the stability of the empire? Citizens who believed that they would have another chance to live might be less obedient and law abiding than those who believed in a single Judgement Day for all?

Moderator cut: snippet and link only please

Holy Spirit, Divine Love and Devotion

May you have a merry Christmas, full of Christ!! full of Love, Peace, Hapiness and eternal Blessings!!!

Boom Yoga!

Last edited by Alpha8207; 01-08-2008 at 06:48 AM..

Old 12-24-2007, 09:59 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,036,479 times
What is the proof that Constantine had anything about reincarnation removed from the Bible?

Old 12-24-2007, 10:37 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,864,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
In all fairness and with due respect.

How can you be so sure of that statement if you don't know about Lord Krishna's deeds? or Buddha's? the other Christ's that have blessed this earth

would God be so selfish to endow one son with his self? or could it be that God in his omnipresence endowed all his sons with his divine light, waiting paitently for them to discover it by unconditional love!!

Aren't we all sons of God? don't we all deserve the same right?

Isn't our father/mother pure unconditional and eternal love?

Is there any difference between the worst sinner and the holliest saint on the eyes of the father?

The quest for God/Divinity/Self realization/Christ consciousness is a quest that will span many lifes, until you realize that all the people who loved you was God loving you through them, until you realize that it's only the father who will be with you forever and learn to love unconditionally, then you will be saved!!

Unfortunately, the concept of reincarnation was taken from christanity because it wasn't on the church's best interests.

Reincarnation and Christianity (http://www.elevated.fsnet.co.uk/index-page14.html - broken link)

Early references to reincarnation in the New Testament were deleted in the 4th century by Emperor Constantine when Christianity became the official religion of the Roman Empire. Could it be that the emperor had felt that the concept of reincarnation was threatening to the stability of the empire? Citizens who believed that they would have another chance to live might be less obedient and law abiding than those who believed in a single Judgement Day for all?Holy Spirit, Divine Love and Devotion

May you have a merry Christmas, full of Christ!! full of Love, Peace, Hapiness and eternal Blessings!!!

Boom Yoga!
Fantastic post!

Last edited by Alpha8207; 01-08-2008 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 12-24-2007, 05:07 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Jesus is a yogi by definition. Jesus also underwent initiations and teachings in the pyramids. Jesus was a Jew. Jesus also lives in each one of us, he is the great example of what each of us can become, as a child of God ourselves, not the great exception. He shows us what is possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality