Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was Christ a yogi?
Yes, and one of the most advanced to ever have incarnated on earth 28 60.87%
Yogi? what's that? hmmmmm I don't know, don't think so 18 39.13%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 05:09 PM

22,138 posts, read 19,198,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisW View Post
What is the proof that Constantine had anything about reincarnation removed from the Bible?
There are whole books of the Bible that were removed, primarily so as not to weaken political power of the church. Those are the books I want to read!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2007, 06:02 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondD View Post
There are whole books of the Bible that were removed, primarily so as not to weaken political power of the church. Those are the books I want to read!
You need to read the second coming of Christ then!!

http://www.amazon.com/Second-Coming-...8544530&sr=8-1

May the unconditional love of the divine mother, bless you!

Old 12-24-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisW View Post
What is the proof that Constantine had anything about reincarnation removed from the Bible?
Think about this, do you really believe one life is enough to become a Christ?

Do you really believe that the quest for God spans one human life?

it takes 1 million of incarnations to attain divinity and that if you receive enough solar energy and live a righteous life if you are wicked the time would be much longer for you to develop the Christ consciousness, unless you practice some strong and powerful Technique like Kriya yoga, exactly what Jesus, Krishna and other great avatars used, with Kriya you can become a Christ in one life.

Do you really believe that God would be so hard on his children, to save a few select ones, and create artificial beings that are way more advanced?

The truth is that all of God's children will be saved or to say it more properly, they will be freed, freed from the 3 prisons, the physical body prison, the astral body prison and the causal body prison, some will be freed faster because they are righteous and struggle to purify their conciousness, but in the end even if it takes zillions of lifes, everybody will be freed.

God loves unconditionally all of his children, he is the divine mother, and a mother always love her son no matter how wicked he might turn out to be, for him there is no difference between Christ and Hitler, if we love in that way, the divine love of God is manifesting through us.

My dear divine mother, may you live forever in the sanctuary of my devotion.
And may your divine love awaken and shine forever in the hearts of all your children.

Om, Peace, Amen

Last edited by Travelling fella; 12-24-2007 at 06:23 PM..

Old 12-26-2007, 07:38 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,035,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondD View Post
The Bible was a compilation. The earliest lists of reading material for Christians (which became the New Testament) were made 200 years before Constantine, and if anything include less material than the final rendering from the Synod of Hippo (60 years after Constantine's death). Check out the book "Lost Scriptures" by Bart Ehrman if you want to read omitted material.

Old 12-26-2007, 07:44 AM

Travelling Fella--none of that is any proof that Constantine had anything removed about reincarnation. Proof would consist of something like a copy of the Gospel of Mark from the second century that includes a section directly concerning reincarnation, a copy of the Gospel of Mark from after the time of Constantine that doesn't include reincarnation, and some sort of record that Constantine himself ordered the teaching of reincarnation to be surpressed.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:13 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
When you start talking about supposed "omitted scriptures" and supposed "omitted books of the Bible," then most anything becomes possible, ya know? But is it probable? No. I guess the thing that ultimately gives me peace about the situation, so to speak, is that I believe God watched over His word enough, (what would finally become the Bible as we now have it,) that I believe we now have everything He intended for us to have regarding His Word.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
When you start talking about supposed "omitted scriptures" and supposed "omitted books of the Bible," then most anything becomes possible, ya know?

Exactly--it all becomes an argument from silence. You can really make any statement at that point.

"Constantine removed all references to the Dukes of Hazzard from the Bible."

Old 12-29-2007, 11:21 PM

965 posts, read 4,498,840 times
Quote:
I found this article and I thought it's very interesting, was Christ a yogi? I've always believed he was a perfect yogi and one of the most advanced that have ever been on earth, what are your thoughts?
I don’t know how Christ is classified in terms of his nature. I’ll let the intellectuals of the world deal with that one. For me, he is the Son of God, and Savior.

He is my Savior, and as such, I only have to pull "one shift," so to speak, on this planet. As my Savior, Jesus made it possible to get it done in “one shot.” I am unwilling to put thousands of years between me and God. When I die, I want to go home. I do not want to be reassigned to the Third Planet from the Sun for another go round and for the starring role in Dante’s Inferno (if that’s isn’t a Stephen King novel, then I don’t know what is). For me, it would be like purgatory. Ooooooooooh, no!

For me, he is my Savior, not my yogi.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
The reason for the similarities is because satan is the father of lies. He shows himself as an angel of light. He strives to be like God. So he impersonates the things of God. That is how he deceives,just like you are deceived. If he came like the true being he is,most would turn away. So he traps you with a little truth mixed with lies. He tries to resemble the real thing. You have fallen for the deception and not the real thing. Again,you should really open your bible and read Gods word. You will come to the realization that you have been deceived. But you have to really want to know the truth and be strong enough to not fall for every impersonation. I pray for your understanding and longing for the truth. Because the truth shall set you free.
Hmmmmm. I believe in Jesus. I've read the bible. I take in what I believe to be the true meaning and purpose of the word of God... LOVE. Unity. Devinity. I think it is entirely possible that there are sections of the bible that were either completely left out or lost in translation. That is why I do not solely rely on the bible, but I seek truth from within... the way I believe Jesus did. I've practiced meditation. I believe in reincarnation. I believe it is possible that Jesus could most certainly have been a Yogi, but I have yet seen this to be an absolute truth. But I'm open, and openness and seeking is what leads us to the truth. Narrowmindedness and resistance keep us trapped, and blinded so that we cannot question what needs to be questioned. A priest once told me that if I am questioning my faith, it is a good thing because it means I have something to question - faith.

spm62, how do you know you are not the one being decieved? I'm not saying that you are, but I'm just asking the question?

Old 01-20-2008, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgo View Post
I don’t know how Christ is classified in terms of his nature. I’ll let the intellectuals of the world deal with that one. For me, he is the Son of God, and Savior.

He is my Savior, and as such, I only have to pull "one shift," so to speak, on this planet. As my Savior, Jesus made it possible to get it done in “one shot.” I am unwilling to put thousands of years between me and God. When I die, I want to go home. I do not want to be reassigned to the Third Planet from the Sun for another go round and for the starring role in Dante’s Inferno (if that’s isn’t a Stephen King novel, then I don’t know what is). For me, it would be like purgatory. Ooooooooooh, no!

For me, he is my Savior, not my yogi.
Well with all respect it depends on what do you believe, but Christ indeed struggled during many lifes to attain that state.

in a former life Jesus was Eliseus, (Elisha) and John the Baptist his guru had been Elias, (Elijah)

Source: Yogananda Rediscovered - The second coming of Christ - Who was Jesus before the last incarnation? (http://www.yoganandarediscovered.org/jaitruth/SCjci.html - broken link)

Quote:
"And all bear Him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth. And they said: 'Is not this Joseph's son?' And he said unto them: 'Ye will surely say unto Me this proverb: "Physician, heal Thyself; whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in Thy country.'"

"And he said: 'Verily, I say unto you, no prophet is accepted in his own country. But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months; when great famine was throughout all the land: but unto one of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman what was a widow. And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet: and none of them was cleansed, save Naaman, the Syrian.'" (Luke 4:22-27)
All those who heard Jesus were amazed at the prophetic words which gently flowed out of His sacred mouth, and they perceived the ring of Truth in His words. And yet, while they were marveling at His profound utterances, they suddenly doubted in the mortal way and began to say: "Oh, how could the son of our Joseph, one of our fellow mortals, prophesy and heal all people?"
As soon as Jesus heard this, He began to furnish reasons for the behavior of prophets, who only act according to the will of God and not like ordinary self-willed mortals.
Jesus spoke to the people in the following way, revealing the grand secret of His past incarnation: "My dear people, you expect me to heal here just as I healed the sick at Capernaum, and you may wonder why, as a Spiritual physician, I can heal foreign people and cannot heal my own people in my own country. Do you realize that a prophet is not usually accepted in his own country? Acceptance signifies faith, and without the good soil of faith, no healing seed can be fruitfully sown by even a man of God. The Almighty subjects His prophets to his inculcated Spiritual laws. Since God gave independence to man, man could shut Divine power out of his life or bring God's power to shine through the window of faith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality