Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 08:23 AM

933 posts, read 1,479,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Your Christian Roomate most likely has that list because he routinely prays over those list of names out of genuine concern and love so they can also experience the joy of knowing where they are going after this short interlude of life which is like a midst, then it is over. I cannot tell you why he put you on the list but after reading this post, you arent saved . The word 'saved' means that a person is not held accountable for their many accumulated sins whether willful or not planned . Its something that every Human Being needs because we are all born into Sin , that, is, being rebellious to the things of God, God himself, and making immoral self serving choices . This is the condition of Mankind. Gods global plan of salvation is to offer us a method to be reconciled back to God so we know we are forgiven and so we can know for sure that our next eternal residence will be with God and not eternally apart from God .

Getting saved is a free undeserved gift from our Creator and it is very easy to do if you choose to : Romans 10:8-14 NASB - But what does it say? . It IS totally based on what Jesus Christ has done and not on what WE can do or how 'good' we think we are. We dont have to be a murderer in order to be unsaved have a bad eternity... just living a life rejecting, mocking, distancing ourselves from God and how he wants you to live will do it. Many many people , perhaps sweet little ol women who raised a nice family and now bake cakes for the Homeless will die UNsaved from their many sins if they dont specifically get them taken care of by trusting Christs substituionary death alone because getting saved isnt based on anything we can do.

Now would be a great time for you at a young age to look into this further and explore the spiritual nature God has infused you with by attending a local Evangelical Church which may even have a Young Adult Singles Group for fun and making new friends who are like minded. Im not talking about getting into religiousity, but, im talking about a real personal dynamic life relationship with the One who gave up his life on a cross for you so you can be called a Child of the Most High God.

College age people is when these folks typically start getting deeply into immoral and dangerous lifestyles oftentimes suffering lifetime regret .; Gods plans are always better but its up to your Will and no one elses. Regards.
To this poster, take your speech over to the Christianity forum. I know, for one, I have no interest in reading your brainwashing garbage. It's people that act like this that can give an entire religion a bad name,

And to the original poster, tell your roommate to go take a hike!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 10:03 PM

580 posts, read 965,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
My religious roomate, who attends a whole bunch of bible studies and other religious get togethers, left out a piece of paper that reads...

Name five people you peraonally know are unsaved.

I was the second one listed.

Firstly, unsaved from what? God? Death? The "afterlife"...whatever that is?

Secondly, at what point did it become acceptable to discuss my religious convictions (of which I have little/any) when I'm not even there to defend them? It's like I'm being judged by a group of people who hardly know me! Pretentious much?

Thirdly, if they must know, I'm not anti god. I'm anti humans trying to understand god. He/She/It is beyond my understanding. If he/she/it makes everything the way it is, I do not understand his/her/its rational. I gave up trying to. I've made peace with just living a moral life, as much as I know how, (with godly ideas mixed in), and hoping that that will be enough. If I did my best, how can god fault me for that?

Maybe I didn't do his best...but he/she/it is god after all...how could I have been expected to?
I don't think it's a big deal. I've had some nondenominational Christian friends say I didn't accept Jesus into my life and I'm Catholic. Just let them believe what they want to believe. If they say a prayer or whatever it's totally fine. It's nice to be thought of. Be glad he isn't forcing you into anything.

By being "unsaved" he means you'll be damned for all eternity.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:20 PM

1,977 posts, read 1,946,428 times
any updates on this roommate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality