Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 10:29 AM

2 posts, read 13,945 times

Advertisements

Any advice for a single Mom moving for a frest start in Ada? I have family living in area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 01:48 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,508,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni55 View Post
Any advice for a single Mom moving for a frest start in Ada? I have family living in area.
Obviously, as you know, you probably should get ready for some culture shock. California is a tried&true Western state while Oklahoma is a mixture of Southern/Southwestern. It's gonna be different.

You'll do fine. Don't try to take it in all at once. Expect it to be different and have an open mind. I would advise looking into a good solid Christ-centered church as well. You'll have quite a few to choose from in Ada.

Blessings.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:37 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
........ I would advise looking into a good solid Christ-centered church as well. You'll have quite a few to choose from in Ada.
Much better than a self centered church.....unfortunately there are a lot of those around as well.......

Old 06-08-2010, 04:54 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,508,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Much better than a self centered church.....unfortunately there are a lot of those around as well.......
Exactly, Brother.

And it's a shame that followers of Christ let those self-centered folks run off all the people we're trying to reach in our churches. We should be running the self-centered folks off......but then again, where would I go? hahaha :-)

Old 06-08-2010, 05:40 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Once settled in Ada, become ambitious enough to move to Oklahoma City. That's probably where a lot of small town, young Oklahomans are moving to, if not, then Tulsa.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:13 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
I moved here from Riverside almost two years ago. The biggest thing you'll notice is things are a LOT slower. A whole lot. Being from Bakersfield, the heat won't be such a big thing, nor the wind, but the humidity will. And the Green. Being surrounded by trees and large open areas of green is still a really amazing thing to me. And its good that you have family. I had a friend who lived here. Now I have several more who have moved here since I did but it was strange at first.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:41 PM

118 posts, read 290,031 times
Default Welcome back

I live in Tecumseh maybe we can chat become friends??? Hope all goes well for you. Frank

Old 06-12-2010, 10:30 AM

78 posts, read 335,398 times
They're one of the few towns in OK that have a Jack-in-the-box!! I was never really crazy about Jack's until I moved out here & couldn't get hangover monster tacos anymore

They have a really cute downtown district with some awesome stores, loved that!

Bunch of cute cowboys roaming around, that's always good right?!?!?

I completely agree with nightbird, the green is amazing, I'm still impressed! The best drive is coming from Stillwater to OKC on 33 north of Langston past Perkins, beautiful! That's one of the ways my dear mother talked me into moving out here, went on & on about the nature life, landscape & fire flies - - fire flies are awesome!!

Old 06-12-2010, 02:53 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 405travelgirl View Post
They're one of the few towns in OK that have a Jack-in-the-box!! I was never really crazy about Jack's until I moved out here & couldn't get hangover monster tacos anymore

They have a really cute downtown district with some awesome stores, loved that!

Bunch of cute cowboys roaming around, that's always good right?!?!?

I completely agree with nightbird, the green is amazing, I'm still impressed! The best drive is coming from Stillwater to OKC on 33 north of Langston past Perkins, beautiful! That's one of the ways my dear mother talked me into moving out here, went on & on about the nature life, landscape & fire flies - - fire flies are awesome!!
I was in OKC last weekend, and we too Route 66 back most of the way towards Stillwater. It was like a time trip. I know my parents went that way with me when I was four. We are talking about taking a trip out that way and stopping at the museum and checking out some of the local spots.

I love the stuff that comes up in my yard, in that stuff thats called "grass" here. After the clover takes over its pretty much done with wildflowers, but its cool to walk across the yard with tiny flowers everywhere. Now if only my yard wasn't a sinkhole that is still muddy and barely mowable it would be easy to cut down the clover.

I know some people complain about the noisy bugs you get in the evening, with the squeeking noises, but they are neat to listen to. There are lots of bugs here but they are seasonal... in socal nothing kills off the ants in the winter, they just move inside with you to stay warm and dry.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:25 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
I move to Ok from So Cal in 2007. I took Rt 66 all the way.
Say good bye to the smog and Hi to fresh air and blue skies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma