Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 11:44 AM

2 posts, read 4,505 times

Advertisements

Hah that's funny! I'm from OKC, but I've decided that after Law School, I'm gonna relocate to somewhere like Broken Bow, open up an equine ranch for the disabled and double it as a horse rescue and have a Christian-based Law firm (: I guess I'm the opposite! But of course, small-town livin is a lot better for me than city livin. Even though I don't live in a congested part of OKC, more the suburb part, it's still just too much for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 02:55 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,511,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileForOklahoma View Post
Hah that's funny! I'm from OKC, but I've decided that after Law School, I'm gonna relocate to somewhere like Broken Bow, open up an equine ranch for the disabled and double it as a horse rescue and have a Christian-based Law firm (: I guess I'm the opposite! But of course, small-town livin is a lot better for me than city livin. Even though I don't live in a congested part of OKC, more the suburb part, it's still just too much for me!
Hey SmileForOklahoma,

Keep that "Best State Ever" business under your breath! We don't want the word getting out too much.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:27 AM

174 posts, read 450,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I move to Ok from So Cal in 2007. I took Rt 66 all the way.
Say good bye to the smog and Hi to fresh air and blue skies.

Sounds like heaven to me!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:51 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,437,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERISAjunkie View Post
Sounds like heaven to me!
Also, no illegal aliens in sight.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,458 times
Well Oklahoma City here we come with Jesus in our hearts and down home cooking on our minds. Hope to meet some real down to earth caring people.also glad to be able to be by Larry my husbands family mine too now.California and family and friends have been great to us but this is a new chapter in our lives..so hi ya future friends friendly wave from Michele

Old 10-27-2011, 09:08 PM

0early WELCOME to the "Bible Belt" Michelle.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:33 AM

174 posts, read 450,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHELE OLANDESE View Post
Well Oklahoma City here we come with Jesus in our hearts and down home cooking on our minds. Hope to meet some real down to earth caring people.also glad to be able to be by Larry my husbands family mine too now.California and family and friends have been great to us but this is a new chapter in our lives..so hi ya future friends friendly wave from Michele
God bless you guys and good luck!

Old 10-28-2011, 05:46 PM

6 posts, read 10,217 times
More californians moving here? Ugh!

Old 10-29-2011, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergy1971 View Post
More californians moving here? Ugh!
Is there a problem?
FYI, many Californians moving to Oklahoma are originally from OK, or their Relatives are.
Thousands of Oklahomans moved to Ca,(with young children) during the Dust Bowl. Many(not all) are just moving back home.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:56 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Is there a problem?
FYI, many Californians moving to Oklahoma are originally from OK, or their Relatives are.
Thousands of Oklahomans moved to Ca,(with young children) during the Dust Bowl. Many(not all) are just moving back home.
That is true, mk. And it is also true for many NDNs as well. My parents were part of the NDN Relocation back in the 1950's. I know a lot of the skins I grew up with in Los Angeles have moved back "home".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma