Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2024, 01:55 PM

30,175 posts, read 11,815,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW R1100 View Post
Oklazona Bound; Thanks for the reply, the first of one. Hmm, no one was aware of his past? I find that hard to believe in the Google age.
Look at George Santos. Apparently no one was aware of his past before he won. And that is NY state with congressional position at stake. With this I believe someone matched up a video of him at the Charlottesville protest. And this is a part time city commissioner gig in Enid. A small town. I doubt they even get paid.

Regardless they have a recall vote April 2nd.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 03-20-2024 at 02:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2024, 04:03 PM

17,806 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Look at George Santos. Apparently no one was aware of his past before he won. And that is NY state with congressional position at stake. With this I believe someone matched up a video of him at the Charlottesville protest. And this is a part time city commissioner gig in Enid. A small town. I doubt they even get paid.

Regardless they have a recall vote April 2nd.
I confess that Judd Blevins (the Enid guy) was actually on a sports board I frequented at the time. He was known as Oorah-Okie. From that board we knew that he was a pretty far right guy in his leanings but not any more than a lot of other guys on that particular board (we had a political board). Since most of the people on there were local... some guys actually had met him in person and knew his name.

One time after OU lost a football game he inexplicably posted (we assumed he was drunk posting) some overtly racist things. This got him permabanned from that board. Permabans are pretty drastic on that board so there was lots of discussion about him. A couple of people mentioned that they thought he was involved in Christian Identity. So I have to admit that there WERE some rumors about him in that group.

The thing about it is that my dad is from Enid. The preacher I talked in my other post is one of my dad's better friends. My dad was involved in the preacher's US House campaign a couple of years ago. ... I honestly don't think he (the preacher) knew anything about Judd's activities with those radical groups.

Old 03-22-2024, 03:53 AM

30,175 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I confess that Judd Blevins (the Enid guy) was actually on a sports board I frequented at the time. He was known as Oorah-Okie. From that board we knew that he was a pretty far right guy in his leanings but not any more than a lot of other guys on that particular board (we had a political board). Since most of the people on there were local... some guys actually had met him in person and knew his name.

One time after OU lost a football game he inexplicably posted (we assumed he was drunk posting) some overtly racist things. This got him permabanned from that board. Permabans are pretty drastic on that board so there was lots of discussion about him. A couple of people mentioned that they thought he was involved in Christian Identity. So I have to admit that there WERE some rumors about him in that group.

The thing about it is that my dad is from Enid. The preacher I talked in my other post is one of my dad's better friends. My dad was involved in the preacher's US House campaign a couple of years ago. ... I honestly don't think he (the preacher) knew anything about Judd's activities with those radical groups.
Interesting. Hey its rural Oklahoma. People still say things in normal conversation that would get them in a lot more trouble elsewhere. I hear it all the time. Most of it is not meant in hate, its just repeating long held stereotypes about others. I had my elderly neighbor the other day who has a black gardener tell me "his gardener is one of the good ones." To him I suppose he is complementing his gardener. But of course he would never feel the need to say that if he had a white gardener.

I get how a guy like this would more or less blend in. But there are limits to that. You start parroting neo-nazi chatter and scream hate towards other races and that won't go over well even here. And I have been reading how Blevins is playing the victim card and claims he is being treated unfairly because he is white. Hopefully he gets the boot.

Old 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM

24,596 posts, read 10,909,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Interesting. Hey its rural Oklahoma. People still say things in normal conversation that would get them in a lot more trouble elsewhere. I hear it all the time. Most of it is not meant in hate, its just repeating long held stereotypes about others. I had my elderly neighbor the other day who has a black gardener tell me "his gardener is one of the good ones." To him I suppose he is complementing his gardener. But of course he would never feel the need to say that if he had a white gardener.

I get how a guy like this would more or less blend in. But there are limits to that. You start parroting neo-nazi chatter and scream hate towards other races and that won't go over well even here. And I have been reading how Blevins is playing the victim card and claims he is being treated unfairly because he is white. Hopefully he gets the boot.
My grass guy is one of the good ones and does not fit your stereotype.

Old 03-27-2024, 08:27 AM

Snowing like crazy and sticking:>(

Old Yesterday, 10:29 AM

It feels like channel 9 is right - bad weather is in the air. Grocery stores are combat zones:>)

Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM

As nobody mentioned it - tomorrow are the commemorative marathons.

Old Today, 08:05 AM

Is everyone, their families and friends ok?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma