Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2022, 06:35 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,543,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Dear Mother Nature, Having received my free sample of winter I would like to cancel the reminder of my subscription.

Lol. I am a weather wimp these days. It's either too darn hot or too darn cold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2022, 09:56 AM

24,595 posts, read 10,909,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Lol. I am a weather wimp these days. It's either too darn hot or too darn cold
That is called Oklahoma:>) I have yet to find somewhat normal weather. It is always one end of the spectrum or the other and takes no time to get there.

Old 11-22-2022, 07:12 AM

We usually have about 2 weeks of perfect weather in the fall. And the first thaws of spring always feel really good.

I read about some altercation that took place at a marijuana Grow farm. I was wondering when that kind of stuff would start happening.

This is just my perception but I think there are a lot of private grow gardens here in oklahoma. Even though we are limited to six marijuana plants that we can grow ourselves, I'm pretty darn sure there are people who have more than just six plants. ;-)

Old 11-22-2022, 08:20 AM

Quote:
We usually have about 2 weeks of perfect weather in the fall. And the first thaws of spring always feel really good.

I read about some altercation that took place at a marijuana Grow farm. I was wondering when that kind of stuff would start happening.

This is just my perception but I think there are a lot of private grow gardens here in oklahoma. Even though we are limited to six marijuana plants that we can grow ourselves, I'm pretty darn sure there are people who have more than just six plants. ;-)
Have not yet tried to smoke my tomatoes.

Old 11-22-2022, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Have not yet tried to smoke my tomatoes.
LOL good one. My neighbor and I were just talking and I said it's always funny to watch these people move out to the country because the first thing they do is plant a garden. And it usually lasts 2 years. And he said yeah I think ours lasted one year. It's too much work. I said yeah I retired our motor tiller.

But we had a garden for years and I even learned how to can tomatoes. Even though they were just two of us, one year we planted 36 tomato plants and I don't know how many yellow squash and zucchini we planted and we also had jalapeno plants and I forgot what those other peppers are called they're really hot.

The watermelon plants did not go over very well because they spread out so much.

Old 11-22-2022, 01:18 PM

We had herbs and tomatoes on the balcony of a 16th floor apartment:>)
Gardening can be a challenge as most things in OK. We downsized to a kitchentowel sized lot with a tiny vegetable section and several pots which used to contain trees. This year we did not have as many tomatoes as we hoped for but an abundance of Armenian Cucumbers, Habanero and Tabasco Peppers.
There is a pest who enjoys Ghost Peppers!

Old 11-24-2022, 11:37 AM

Habaneros, that is the plant that we grew. One time my jalapeno plants weren't doing so well and I didn't have any fertilizer and I heard that bird poop is fertilizer. I put some of our Canary droppings onto a pot of jalapeno peppers. And the peppers were really super hot. But they were only hot for a minute and I guess that someone told me that bird droppings is hot fertilizer. Whatever that means.

Old 11-24-2022, 11:53 AM

Potassium nitrate aka salpeter needs to age before use as fertilizer.

The heat was probably lack of water shortly before harvest. It condenses capsicum. We do it intentionally.

A gray and dreary Thanksgiving Day out there. Fireplace, furries, wine and a movie. A friend sent me Flaming Star and it came yesterday. A total surprise on a day I was down a bit. SO will suffer through it.

Old 12-07-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Potassium nitrate aka salpeter needs to age before use as fertilizer.

The heat was probably lack of water shortly before harvest. It condenses capsicum. We do it intentionally.

A gray and dreary Thanksgiving Day out there. Fireplace, furries, wine and a movie. A friend sent me Flaming Star and it came yesterday. A total surprise on a day I was down a bit. SO will suffer through it.

I never cared for Elvis. I heard somewhere someone said that you're either a Beatles fan or an Elvis fan. I am definitely a Beatles fan.

Old 12-07-2022, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I never cared for Elvis. I heard somewhere someone said that you're either a Beatles fan or an Elvis fan. I am definitely a Beatles fan.
I have never seen the complete film which is rather dark. Not your singing sonny boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma