Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 11:21 AM

1,521 posts, read 1,816,904 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2024, 01:56 PM

3,206 posts, read 1,668,265 times
Woke folks have no IQ. That's why they hate Jordan Peterson so much because he makes too much sense in an nonsensical liberal world. No matter how hard they've tried to silence him or censor his material. The truth proves itself, we don't need Jordan to remind us that we have a major crisis of the blind leading the blind and the really smart elites are manipulating and controlling them just like a petting zoo.

Old 04-22-2024, 02:03 PM

1,302 posts, read 330,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Woke folks have no IQ. That's why they hate Jordan Peterson so much because he makes too much sense in an nonsensical liberal world.
They have the same IQ as the general populace but wokeism is essentially the business of being rewarded beyond one’s merit. That’s why it’s so popular. It’s *couched* in terms of social justice to make it more palatable but it’s really about outsized rewards for average/below average merit.

It makes sense if you realize that the main complaints against slavery, Jim Crow, and racism were that it allowed white people to be rewarded beyond their merit. Of course it conveniently left out that the county was 85% white and a white persons main competitors were always other white people.

Ever hear the theory that *slaves built this country*? It’s patently false but it’s very popular among certain segments of society.

Old 04-22-2024, 02:18 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post
"Raevsky says she was never a 94 student.

“I can tell you from experience that the difference between a 94 and a 100 is miles apart … the 100 student is sitting there the moment something is assigned thinking, ‘How am I going to complete this assignment? Let me start planning.’

“The 94 student says, ‘Oh, I’ll come to the movies even though there’s a test two days away.’ The 100 student says, ‘I’m sorry but I can’t come. I’m studying.’"

She sounds insufferable. I bet she badgers the teachers if she gets a 99 on a test.
Unless I'm missing something her name was not drawn but a lowly A student, rather than A+ got what she thought was her slot.

Old 04-22-2024, 03:03 PM

1,302 posts, read 330,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Unless I'm missing something her name was not drawn but a lowly A student, rather than A+ got what she thought was her slot.
Merit is merit.

Who would you rather have operate on your child or parent an A rated surgeon or an A+ rated surgeon?
Who would you rather lead you in battle, an A rated commander or an A+ rated commander?

Imagine you or your loved one's life is on the line. Wouldn't you want the best no matter if they're only marginally better than the person behind them?

Old 04-22-2024, 09:31 PM

15,842 posts, read 14,476,031 times
If I was this girl's parents, I'd be calling the big name private schools, sending them her qualifications, and seeing if they'd offer her a scholarship. If not, and if they have the mean, I'd move out to the 'burbs, and find one with the best schools where I could afford the property taxes.

Old 04-22-2024, 09:40 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
Merit is merit.

Who would you rather have operate on your child or parent an A rated surgeon or an A+ rated surgeon?
Who would you rather lead you in battle, an A rated commander or an A+ rated commander?

Imagine you or your loved one's life is on the line. Wouldn't you want the best no matter if they're only marginally better than the person behind them?
The difference between an A and an A+ is really not significant But you can beat this up as long as you want but I'm done and find it rather boring that a child who seems to be quite precocious seemed to think that this change in the lottery somehow ruined her life.

Old Yesterday, 01:03 AM

5,521 posts, read 8,769,797 times
This kid is:

1) incredibly entitled

2) incredibly naive

3) incredibly ignorant to only apply to two schools (per the article) when she could’ve applied to 12

4) incredibly short sighted to not attend Bronx Science, which has an illustrious roster of author and journalist alumni

5) will not amount to much unless she loses her sense of entitlement, her fear of long slogs (both physically and mentally) to get what she wants

She’s the problem here — not the system. Unless and until she adjusts her attitude — and there’s time for that — she will just end up a whiny, lonely, and embittered woman.

Old Yesterday, 07:43 AM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
This kid is:

1) incredibly entitled

2) incredibly naive

3) incredibly ignorant to only apply to two schools (per the article) when she could’ve applied to 12

4) incredibly short sighted to not attend Bronx Science, which has an illustrious roster of author and journalist alumni

5) will not amount to much unless she loses her sense of entitlement, her fear of long slogs (both physically and mentally) to get what she wants

She’s the problem here — not the system. Unless and until she adjusts her attitude — and there’s time for that — she will just end up a whiny, lonely, and embittered woman.
1) That comes with her level of scores and age.

2 & 3) Yep, young and should know that "initiatives" are letting less dedicated students populate the school due to politics.

4) Much of Journalism is dead or at least in hospice.

5) Obviously she's been willing to put in the work. She's learned a valuable lesson here about trusting the world to operate logically as she see's it and to plan accordingly. She's so young I wouldn't be so hasty extrapolating that she won't learn and mature we see worse from people coming out of college.

Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The difference between an A and an A+ is really not significant But you can beat this up as long as you want but I'm done and find it rather boring that a child who seems to be quite precocious seemed to think that this change in the lottery somehow ruined her life.
And how do you know that A student was only an A student because of everything being graded on a curve because the majority in her school had a hard time passing? Her A could very well have been a C or B. I don't remember ever being graded on a curve except for one instance in college but in many schools that's the only way they can graduate many of these students.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City