Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2024, 02:39 PM

19,037 posts, read 13,948,655 times

Advertisements

I seriously cannot fathom the inner workings of a brain that would consider this a good idea. It's something that will never make sense to me.

Here I am in my home office, with kids (all girls no less) upstairs, wife soon to be home, two dogs, typical American household, etc, etc. I wouldn't even want a born and raised American that I don't know to cross my doorway. I can't comprehend having some... ahem, migrant... in the house with us. It just doesn't compute.

I too would love to hear from someone who does this. It would be like studying a newly contacted tribe or even an alien civilization. That is how unrealistic this scenario is to me.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2024, 03:42 PM

1,014 posts, read 785,720 times
Nobody in their right mind is going to let a complete stranger live with them and their family. The simple solution is to close the border and stop letting everyone in the world come through.

Old 01-26-2024, 04:17 PM

8,038 posts, read 10,629,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Remember that Biden is doing this by design for congressional seats.
The purpose is much broader than that.

Old 01-27-2024, 05:17 PM

158 posts, read 121,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
The purpose is much broader than that.
Let me guess...

Once the millions of migrants are granted amnesty and citizenship, the progressives will achieve permanent single party control of the government and they will:

Eliminate the Electoral College.
Expand the Supreme Court to 13.
Grant statehood to Washington DC and Puerto Rico.

These are top goals on the progressive wish list. You know, fundamental transformation.

As for dumping migrants in NJ, our elected leaders couldn't care less about the impact it will have on our communities. They have other priorities, a higher purpose. See above.

Old 01-27-2024, 05:34 PM

860 posts, read 1,336,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJWestWoods View Post
On January 19, 2024, the State Department proudly announced a program that will enable Americans to sponsor a refugee in their own home.

The Welcome Corps - Private Sponsorship of Refugees.

"This is a really amazing opportunity for the U.S. to see what it looks like for us to be the type of country that welcomes in refugees, that's able to provide safe haven and opportunity and a pathway to a rich and desirable future for people that have experienced such trauma, have experienced such hardship in their lives," Alight CEO Jocelyn Wyatt told NPR's A Martinez.
"And so this is a moment for America to be as generous as we know that we can be as a country."

That's coated in a dangerously thick layer of virtue signalling. Ugh.

Not to be left out, New Jersey has a refugee resettlement agency called the Office of New Americans dedicated to making sure refugees get the "services" they deserve. Our fed and state tax dollars at work.

Can someone explain why this Administration believes that we, as Americans, have any obligation to these foreign nationals?

Why are we dedicating fed & NJ resources to these people? Don't we have an moral obligation to take care of our own citizens first?
Well, the Federal program will fail - they don’t pay you, you have to raise funds for the illegals yourself, in your group of 5 Americans who’ve banded together under this program. Apparently this has been around in one form or another since 1980. I’d love to see the stats! I doubt they’ve had many applicants.

Old 01-27-2024, 08:45 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,633,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
Well, the Federal program will fail - they don’t pay you, you have to raise funds for the illegals yourself, in your group of 5 Americans who’ve banded together under this program. Apparently this has been around in one form or another since 1980. I’d love to see the stats! I doubt they’ve had many applicants.

Yea, I was reading to see if they get paid for it. Can’t see many people volunteering to do this, but I’m sure the number will be more than zero. There’s probably some lonely people out there who would do it.

Old 02-01-2024, 04:55 PM

551 posts, read 1,187,708 times
Illegal migrants attacked 3 senior police officers in public, gave middle finger to the press, and because sanctuary cities cannot deport them, 4 of these have already FLED new york to a bus to california. This is just a small example of a sample of action from over 8 million illegals coming into USA.

Old 02-01-2024, 05:27 PM

860 posts, read 1,336,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonorityGenius View Post
Illegal migrants attacked 3 senior police officers in public, gave middle finger to the press, and because sanctuary cities cannot deport them, 4 of these have already FLED new york to a bus to california. This is just a small example of a sample of action from over 8 million illegals coming into USA.
People really need to see the beheadings and other horrific violence the gangs, etc. in South America and Africa perpetrate to really understand these people do not see the world and other people how westernized people do.

Old 02-01-2024, 07:59 PM

445 posts, read 318,429 times
I may be naive, but I have faith that cops here wouldn't worry about shooting one of those guys after the first head kick, which would then send the rest in a frenzy running away. NJ law enforcement is not nearly as 1) jaded and 2) fearful of judicial system consequences as their NYPD counterparts.

Old 02-02-2024, 05:16 AM

23,539 posts, read 17,214,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Murphy in cahoots with mayors of towns affected have said "no effing way" and are busing migrants into New York City soon as they get off buses from Texas at Secaucus or elsewhere.

Mayor Adams pleaded with Gov. Murphy to take on some of these migrants, response was "you're on your own..."

https://nypost.com/2024/01/03/metro/...isis-f-k-this/
Yep, that is a fact. Another fact is IAs are being dropped off at many locations and some out of the way places to avoid publicity.

Sociology 101, chapter 1..How To Destabilize a Society. Step 1. Flood the receiver culture/country with aliens from a different culture to ensure chaos and violence ensue.

911 commission noted that lack of communication among LE agencies was a major factor in the 911 attack. Sanctuary status calls BS on the 911 commission and breaks down cooperation between local state and federal LE agencies.

Should be a lesson learned from recent NYC attack on cops, Nj dems will maintain their sanctuary to the detriment of taxpayers finances and safety.

Adams is obtuse, oblivious and w/o foresight, as he spouts inappropriate solutions to the problem NYC created for itself. Hopefully murphy has a scintilla more intelligence than Adams, though he has not yet demonstrated that advantage and precedent provides no hope he will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey