Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2024, 06:23 AM

1,619 posts, read 3,770,959 times

Advertisements

well we cant expect Texas to cover all of the costs. Seems like 3,000,000 have crossed, NJ is 2.8% of the nation, that means we should get about 84K. If you do not like it, let your representatives know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2024, 08:58 AM

10,429 posts, read 6,954,235 times
Murphy just asked Biden for $$$ to house illegals (Migrants) here in New Jersey. He said they are already here and wont give numbers.

Remember that Biden is doing this by design for congressional seats.

Old 01-25-2024, 12:32 PM

7,329 posts, read 3,514,319 times
NJ shouldn’t be so xenophobic

Old 01-26-2024, 06:26 AM

1,619 posts, read 3,770,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
+100 woke points. Congrats, you leveled up

Old 01-26-2024, 07:29 AM

12,157 posts, read 7,980,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
I'm pretty liberal. Here are my rebuttals:
  • What about the growing (fast growing, mind you) unhoused population?
  • Rent and housing prices are skyrocketing due to undersupply. How do we attain more supply for an already struggling population, while taking in a population that would diminish the supply?

Like most Gen-Zers, we are starting to shift away from Democrats (Even though we are VERY socially liberal), but at this point it is common sense. It is so rough out here. Jobs barely pay. Rent is so high its touching the roof. People have NO motivation. Mental Health crisis is ballooning. Straddled with debt. Credit card (and student loan) debt is highest ever. 40% of youngins defaulted on their first student loan payment, luckily I am in the 60% who didnt. Public services getting cut, drastically. Lots of unhoused population. Tech industry is quite literally ruining every city. Now NJ Transit wants to go up 40%? You must be kidding. It is a joke.

Old 01-26-2024, 07:41 AM

18,453 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
I'm pretty liberal. Here are my rebuttals:
  • What about the growing (fast growing, mind you) unhoused population?
  • Rent and housing prices are skyrocketing due to undersupply. How do we attain more supply for an already struggling population, while taking in a population that would diminish the supply?

Like most Gen-Zers, we are starting to shift away from Democrats (Even though we are VERY socially liberal), but at this point it is common sense. It is so rough out here. Jobs barely pay. Rent is so high its touching the roof. People have NO motivation. Mental Health crisis is ballooning. Straddled with debt. Credit card (and student loan) debt is highest ever. 40% of youngins defaulted on their first student loan payment, luckily I am in the 60% who didnt. Public services getting cut, drastically. Lots of unhoused population. Tech industry is quite literally ruining every city. Now NJ Transit wants to go up 40%? You must be kidding. It is a joke.
You are rebutting a post that was meant to be sarcastic.

Old 01-26-2024, 09:25 AM

10,429 posts, read 6,954,235 times
The only solution is to ship them back to where they are coming from. Its certainly a Federal Issue with some politicians effervescently wanting them here for ulterior motives regardless of the effects it has on the country, towns, locals, culture, infrastructure, economy, etc.

Until there is a change is Administration, the only thing a citizen can do is not support illegals by providing them jobs, contest your Congressman and State Government to not provide taxpayer assistance and vote these people out.

Old 01-26-2024, 12:34 PM

158 posts, read 121,195 times
On January 19, 2024, the State Department proudly announced a program that will enable Americans to sponsor a refugee in their own home.

The Welcome Corps - Private Sponsorship of Refugees.

"This is a really amazing opportunity for the U.S. to see what it looks like for us to be the type of country that welcomes in refugees, that's able to provide safe haven and opportunity and a pathway to a rich and desirable future for people that have experienced such trauma, have experienced such hardship in their lives," Alight CEO Jocelyn Wyatt told NPR's A Martinez.
"And so this is a moment for America to be as generous as we know that we can be as a country."

That's coated in a dangerously thick layer of virtue signalling. Ugh.

Not to be left out, New Jersey has a refugee resettlement agency called the Office of New Americans dedicated to making sure refugees get the "services" they deserve. Our fed and state tax dollars at work.

Can someone explain why this Administration believes that we, as Americans, have any obligation to these foreign nationals?

Why are we dedicating fed & NJ resources to these people? Don't we have an moral obligation to take care of our own citizens first?

Old 01-26-2024, 01:29 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
One has to be quite… idiotic… to take an illegal into their home. Leftist tenant policies alone make this one of the more dumb ass ideas I have ever heard. Good luck getting one of these unknowns out once they start wreaking havoc on your life.

And any parent who considers this is a child abuser in my opinion.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-26-2024, 02:11 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
One has to be quite… idiotic… to take an illegal into their home. Leftist tenant policies alone make this one of the more dumb ass ideas I have ever heard. Good luck getting one of these unknowns out once they start wreaking havoc on your life.

And any parent who considers this is a child abuser in my opinion.
Hell, I can't get my own brother to move out, and he was born here in NJ.

I'd like to hear if anyone actually does this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey