Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 07:20 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times

Advertisements

Dregg - Thread is a yr old but ok, I'll comment on your post. Way off base and very defensive for no reason? I did do my homework online with a Realtor and came here six times before buying. Most people don't do that much homework. Even if I was from Loris and bought in Conway or whatever, you still don't know what your neighbors will be like. I'm not against guns and I am definately not trying to change anyone or the south. People shoot guns in the NE, don't be so naive but no one should do it in neighborhoods with people close by and off their porch. I have neighbors that are born and raised in Conway and were upset about it too so what do you say about them? Your argument makes no sense, one sided and closed minded.

What you said was insulting and not called for but you are the one that did not do your homework before speaking. I'm not trying to change it here and I don't care if people shoot guns as a hobby but they should do it in a rural setting, not in a neighborhood with two sub-divisions right next to it. If your pet or child were playing in the yard and were shot, would you still think it's ok?

One thing I will agree with is, I should have bought in an HOA. I found out I prefer rules but didn't think or know people would be so irresponsible or inconsiderate. My mistake. I had a neighbor (apartments) in NJ that would fall asleep drunk with his stereo blasting and a cigarette in his hand. This would go all night, every night. Again irresponsible, inconsiderate and dangerous to those around him. The people right beneath his apartment had a small child and they were afraid of him. I called the cops on him too, does that make me selfish and I was wrong there too? So your argument would be he can do what he wants in his apartment? Why don't we all just walk around only thinking of ourselves and not care about anyone else and live like a Mad Max movie. Let's see how that works out.

Your story about the drag strip is totally different so not sure why you told it. I'll just say some people don't like change, even if it is for the better.

Last edited by Global Friend; 10-14-2010 at 10:27 AM..

Old 10-14-2010, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJM View Post
I am from NJ - I don't have a problem with guns - I have a problem with people shooting guns in a very kid populated neighborhood! We chose a neighborhood right by the schools, I would have never thought I would hear gunshots in my neighborhood.
My point exactly! People that just want to talk about gun rights will just see one thing "from NJ", as if no one in NJ has a gun. It was never said anyone is against guns or people shouldn't shoot guns or take away anyones rights etc...we just don't want to have a BBQ in our backyard and our guests shot, jeez people, can't you get it!

Old 10-14-2010, 07:35 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
My neighbors take deer from their back deck. They have to walk 100 yds to the woodline to get a few squirrels.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:34 AM

249 posts, read 514,766 times
Rapture, thanks for the reply.

I'd ask more questions about the yard size, distance from house to another....etc but, it still doesn't solve anything. I made a point, you made a point....and the neighbor is gone anyway.

Good luck, hope someone considerate moves in.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,533 times
I know it is hard to understand the second amendment. I have been raised around guns and tought to respect them and handle them safely. I love those who would complain about guns than when the SHTF they will stand behind a gun owner for protection. It is a known fact that the police are not there to protect you from a crime only to investigate a crime once it happens. So if your nieghbor is praticing let him, maybe you will call him for protection one day. You sound like one of those who go through life unprepared. I'm sure if you talk with him he will practice while you are gone. Sense there is nothing you can do about it anyway. It reminds me that in 2002 a young woman went to Walmart and was kidnapped, raped and murdered. Do you think she thought to herself I think I'll go to Walmart and get kidnapped, raped and murdered, no she might have thought I'll go to Walmart for bread. Do you think if she pulled out a gun and popped a cap in their ass that she would be alive today? You need to get over your fear of guns and respect the rights of others. If he was to fire his gun between the hours of 10 pm to 8 am you could call the police but even then if the police don't hear it, it didn't happen. Like I said the police are not there when a crime happens. Your nieghbor is more likely to be.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termless_Axe View Post
I know it is hard to understand the second amendment. I have been raised around guns and tought to respect them and handle them safely. I love those who would complain about guns than when the SHTF they will stand behind a gun owner for protection. It is a known fact that the police are not there to protect you from a crime only to investigate a crime once it happens. So if your nieghbor is praticing let him, maybe you will call him for protection one day. You sound like one of those who go through life unprepared. I'm sure if you talk with him he will practice while you are gone. Sense there is nothing you can do about it anyway. It reminds me that in 2002 a young woman went to Walmart and was kidnapped, raped and murdered. Do you think she thought to herself I think I'll go to Walmart and get kidnapped, raped and murdered, no she might have thought I'll go to Walmart for bread. Do you think if she pulled out a gun and popped a cap in their ass that she would be alive today? You need to get over your fear of guns and respect the rights of others. If he was to fire his gun between the hours of 10 pm to 8 am you could call the police but even then if the police don't hear it, it didn't happen. Like I said the police are not there when a crime happens. Your nieghbor is more likely to be.
Again, old thread...the neighbor moved. I'm sorry but this is a silly reply with a silly example. Telling me I have a fear of guns, I should have one and my neighbor would come in handy if there is a crime is ridiculous. He wasn't practicing, he was drinking, smoking pot and shooting for fun sometimes all day long. My complaint wasn't about gun rights, it was about having consideration for others. Just like politics, people read into stuff and than create their own reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area