Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 06:51 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,777,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
I would install some VERY BRIGHT FLOOD LIGHTS and aim them at the peoples house that have the gun problem. You reason and your right is to "be able to see anyone with a gun so you can take cover"
Funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandsailor View Post
How about going over to the house, introduce youself as a neighbor, be friendly and make a new friend. Then, say, oh, by the way, could you let me know when you'll be shooting because my ears are sensitive and I need to put in my ear plugs in first. Any shooter will understand that request.
Nice thought but it's not the only problem I have with them. When he built his house, I did introduce myself and invited him to a party the neighborhood was having. I have been nothing but friendly and helpful but I'm not dealing with a mature or considerate person. Last night he had a house party with blasting music (outside), racing up and down his dirt driveway and revving the engine to his truck for hours. I'm not sure why he was revving the engine at his party but I guess that's cool? Meanwhile I kept thinking about his neglected dogs that are not fed properly and probably cold and scared to death from all the noise. This person is in his early twenties and acts like a teenager that grew up in an outhouse. No class, no consideration, immature and should not have pets. He's engaged, I just hope he doesn't have children for a very long time.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:43 PM

137 posts, read 575,676 times
Rapture, that does seem to be a big problem. Maybe you could put up a 6 or 7 foot high wood fence on that side of your house? It would deaden some of the noise and you wouldn't have to see what's going on there. An old saying: good fences make good neighbors" ?

Old 11-22-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandsailor View Post
Rapture, that does seem to be a big problem. Maybe you could put up a 6 or 7 foot high wood fence on that side of your house? It would deaden some of the noise and you wouldn't have to see what's going on there. An old saying: good fences make good neighbors" ?

Good idea and we are considering doing something like that.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:19 AM

13 posts, read 96,605 times
I agree 100% on the pets and trash.BUT on the guns well in the county limits you can shoot what ever you like.Now if this person is shooting to be shooting then he wasting ammo!!!Target shooting is a sport, to a few people and me also.There are a few things left out you did not say like is this guy shooting at targets??Is he shooting into the air??(which is a big no no in my book)How many feet are your house from his???Is he shooting a shotgun or another type of gun??Is he shooting across a road??(another no no)Have you ever thought about target shooting your self try it you will never know.Start out with a air rifle and shoot soda cans.Plus ammo is cheap!!Also air rifles have very little noise.I have a guy who I work with who is from Boston, MA and I got him into shooting now he cannot stop.You never know until you try.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:55 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,543,837 times
"BUT on the guns well in the county limits you can shoot what ever you like."

Hard to believe and totally foreign to this NJ boy. Coming from a State (and area) with at least sane gun laws I would never be able to understand that concept and lack of concern for your neighbors! You want to shoot, fine. That is what gun ranges, both private and public (and far away from people's homes) are for.

Old 11-29-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post

Hard to believe and totally foreign to this NJ boy. Coming from a State (and area) with at least sane gun laws I would never be able to understand that concept and lack of concern for your neighbors! You want to shoot, fine. That is what gun ranges, both private and public (and far away from people's homes) are for.

Very funny....OK then on Monday call up the county office and ask about putting up shooting ranges up in the county and see what there reaction will be.The last time I was told the people in NJ have not gun rights.I know I work with people from there.If there were shooting ranges(outdoor 50-100yards) in horry county people would use them but there is not a one.The private ranges only shoot skeet not rifle target shooting.The indoor ranges are very limited 25-30 yard tops and do you think someone is going to a indoor range when there limited when all they have to do is just go into there back yard??

Old 11-29-2009, 02:52 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,875,655 times
Just an FYI for Georgetown County Residents... there is an outdoor public shooting range on Hwy 51 just before the detention center. It is a free range for residents, however, you must register at the Sheriff's Office & take a safety class to get a range permit. It has been a while, I think there is a $25 fee.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud-sc View Post
I agree 100% on the pets and trash.BUT on the guns well in the county limits you can shoot what ever you like.Now if this person is shooting to be shooting then he wasting ammo!!!Target shooting is a sport, to a few people and me also.There are a few things left out you did not say like is this guy shooting at targets??Is he shooting into the air??(which is a big no no in my book)How many feet are your house from his???Is he shooting a shotgun or another type of gun??Is he shooting across a road??(another no no)Have you ever thought about target shooting your self try it you will never know.Start out with a air rifle and shoot soda cans.Plus ammo is cheap!!Also air rifles have very little noise.I have a guy who I work with who is from Boston, MA and I got him into shooting now he cannot stop.You never know until you try.
It's been worse and now I think they are doing just to annoy everyone. I called the police on Thanksgiving because they were doing it for three days in a row and I couldn't take it anymore, especially the lack of consideration even on a holiday. The police said they can only ask them to be considerate but can't ask or tell them to stop, so I decided to have them do nothing. I also found out that my street (it's only one street of houses, surrounded by woods) has bylaws that expire in two years. They are breaking a couple of the bylaws, so we are researching on how to enforce them. If anyone knows how, please let me know. To answer your question(s), they are actually shooting shot guns, I found out. I don't know anything about guns but they are loud. I can't see what they're shooting at but I know it's off the porch because I saw the casings (if that's what their called). Behind the woods towards the direction they're shooting are three sub-divisions or neighborhoods and I heard the people over there are upset about it to. They can hear it very loud. I don't know how many feet he is from us but he's right next door and kind of set behind out house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post

I agree about just being considerate but I'm finding out when you live in the country or rural area that doesn't matter. The ironic thing is, when he moved in, after us...he said he was so happy to find our street because he was looking for a quiet place to live. It has not been quiet since he moved here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylovers View Post
Just an FYI for Georgetown County Residents... there is an outdoor public shooting range on Hwy 51 just before the detention center. It is a free range for residents, however, you must register at the Sheriff's Office & take a safety class to get a range permit. It has been a while, I think there is a $25 fee.
Thank you for mentioning this, maybe someone will be enlightened and become considerate and go there. I know it's a stretch...

Old 11-30-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
It's been worse and now I think they are doing just to annoy everyone. I called the police on Thanksgiving because they were doing it for three days in a row and I couldn't take it anymore, especially the lack of consideration even on a holiday. The police said they can only ask them to be considerate but can't ask or tell them to stop, so I decided to have them do nothing. I also found out that my street (it's only one street of houses, surrounded by woods) has bylaws that expire in two years. They are breaking a couple of the bylaws, so we are researching on how to enforce them. If anyone knows how, please let me know. To answer your question(s), they are actually shooting shot guns, I found out. I don't know anything about guns but they are loud. I can't see what they're shooting at but I know it's off the porch because I saw the casings (if that's what their called). Behind the woods towards the direction they're shooting are three sub-divisions or neighborhoods and I heard the people over there are upset about it to. They can hear it very loud. I don't know how many feet he is from us but he's right next door and kind of set behind out house.

I agree about just being considerate but I'm finding out when you live in the country or rural area that doesn't matter. The ironic thing is, when he moved in, after us...he said he was so happy to find our street because he was looking for a quiet place to live. It has not been quiet since he moved here.

Thank you for mentioning this, maybe someone will be enlightened and become considerate and go there. I know it's a stretch...
I do not even shoot on the holiday.I agree 100%.This is the time to spend with family.The by-law you talking about is OR. 175-01 which was shot down.Before any laws can be passed they will have to put up shooting ranges in horry county.The county know this and shooting ranges do cost $$$ to run and up keep.Then they have to hire more people for the up keep ect....then have to hire a range officer ect...I wish they would put up shooting ranges then we would not be talking about this.I do a lot target shooting but what I shoot makes very little sound.If people would call the county and tell them there story maybe just maybe the county might look into a outdoor shooting ranges for the public...... maybe.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 8,698 times
i am so freaking tired of my stupid neighbors. i live in fl, in a used to be nice, quiet country neighborhood, and this guy has been shooting pistols, MACHINE GUNS, and shot guns ALL afternoon (on a Sunday!) and i have not had a good nap all week, and here goes it again this week. jerks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area