Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 03:31 PM

119 posts, read 345,009 times

Advertisements

I had to laugh when I read this, I see nothing wrong with any of this LOL! I am used to it though, I grew up on a dirt road, we had no driveway so had to park in the yard (as we do live on a dirt road in Sumter now and park in the yard), never had a dog though, but everyone else did (and they were tied to trees), and sometimes the trash would stay out till next week rather than having to walk a half empty trash can all the way to the end of the road (does not mean you should assume they have a dirty house). Never would have thought all those things would bother anyone, but then again, I think those things would be none of our neighbors' business anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post

In addition; people park on their yards, don't cut their grass, have dirt driveways that blow up on your house, tie dogs to trees, leave trash around the exterior (and I'm sure interior) of their house and other things you may not be use to.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:37 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,785,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baylovers View Post
There are some positive aspects of living in an incorporated town or a community with a home owners regime. I live in the unincorporated area of Pawleys Island, which has several planned communities. As far as I know, they all forbid the firing of weapons in their confines. The Town of Pawleys Island has a similar ordinance.

There are several state laws regarding the firing of weapons, one of which is firing a weapon at a house, a felony. You may not fire a gun within a certain distance of a public road, school or church.

You can peruse the laws regarding firearms here: S.C. Code of Laws Title 16 Chapter 23 Offenses Involving Weapons - www.scstatehouse.gov-LPITS (http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t16c023.htm - broken link)

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy8722 View Post
I had to laugh when I read this, I see nothing wrong with any of this LOL! I am used to it though, I grew up on a dirt road, we had no driveway so had to park in the yard (as we do live on a dirt road in Sumter now and park in the yard), never had a dog though, but everyone else did (and they were tied to trees), and sometimes the trash would stay out till next week rather than having to walk a half empty trash can all the way to the end of the road (does not mean you should assume they have a dirty house). Never would have thought all those things would bother anyone, but then again, I think those things would be none of our neighbors' business anyways.
You see nothing wrong with it because that's what you have lived around, I did not. Where I grew up people parked in a driveway or garage, put trash in a can and treated pets like part of the family. If we heard a gun shot we would call the police, it was not legal. It is none of my business what my neighbors do but I think some consideration should come into play. That's another thing I'm used to is people being considerate. His dog just had puppies, which he is already not taking care of and he is shooting not a gun but a rifle off the porch next to them. I'm sure they are scared to death but being he doesn't give them water or food half the time, I doubt he cares if he scares them. That's none of my business either but I don't care if he likes me, I care about the dogs.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:58 PM

119 posts, read 345,009 times
I agree about the dogs, I hate it when I see them tied up. There is one down the road from here I wish I could call animal control on but there's a doghouse and food, just no room for him to run and every time I drive by he looks so sad. No need to defend yourself, I wasn't attacking you, I just thought it was funny how different things are in different parts of the US. I certainly don't think I am being inconsiderate to my neighbors, but like you said it's what I am used to. Also, these are things we have no control over. I would love to have a driveway or better yet a garage but around here you have to have money to live like that.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:40 AM

59,225 posts, read 27,425,430 times
Rapture, you sound like a typical "Damn yankee". You move to a new area, don't check it out beforehand, then complain.

You want to change things to the way they were "back home".

Don't like it, move.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy8722 View Post
I agree about the dogs, I hate it when I see them tied up. There is one down the road from here I wish I could call animal control on but there's a doghouse and food, just no room for him to run and every time I drive by he looks so sad. No need to defend yourself, I wasn't attacking you, I just thought it was funny how different things are in different parts of the US. I certainly don't think I am being inconsiderate to my neighbors, but like you said it's what I am used to. Also, these are things we have no control over. I would love to have a driveway or better yet a garage but around here you have to have money to live like that.
I hear you and I understand not every house comes with a driveway. When I mentioned it earlier it was for informational purposes to other people that move here and are unaware, so they don't get a suprise like I did. I don't really even care about that, it's the gun shooting that bothers me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Rapture, you sound like a typical "Damn yankee". You move to a new area, don't check it out beforehand, then complain.

Don't like it, move.
You are 100% completely wrong but I can't waste my time explaining to you or care what you think. If you don't have anything helpful to say, please move on.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:54 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,894,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Don't like it, move.

Call me crazy (you wouldn't be the first person) but I think consideration, respect, and civility towards other should be a global expectation ...

Old 11-16-2009, 12:58 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,675,978 times
Default Crazy

I think Rapture sounds like a kind-hearted, loving person who lives next door to a crazy nut.

Last edited by vrexy; 11-16-2009 at 01:08 PM..

Old 11-18-2009, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
Call me crazy (you wouldn't be the first person) but I think consideration, respect, and civility towards other should be a global expectation ...
If thinking so than I'm crazy too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
I think Rapture sounds like a kind-hearted, loving person who lives next door to a crazy nut.
Thank you for saying that. I really didn't mean harm or to hurt anyone's feelings. I was just trying to learn something and inform other people that might move to my town, not change or hurt anyone.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:26 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,147,827 times
I would install some VERY BRIGHT FLOOD LIGHTS and aim them at the peoples house that have the gun problem. You reason and your right is to "be able to see anyone with a gun so you can take cover"

Old 11-18-2009, 07:06 PM

137 posts, read 575,973 times
How about going over to the house, introduce youself as a neighbor, be friendly and make a new friend. Then, say, oh, by the way, could you let me know when you'll be shooting because my ears are sensitive and I need to put in my ear plugs in first. Any shooter will understand that request.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area