Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 12:46 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,788,893 times

Advertisements

Since this thread was revived I'm happy to say, they are moving! The sad part is I found out he got his girlfriend pregnant but not for me to worry about. It's just sad that they can't even take care of a dog properly and now they are having a baby. I wonder if they will still shoot guns off the proch when the baby is born. Very sad but I'm happy for me.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:30 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,835,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
...they can't even take care of a dog properly and now they are having a baby...
Wouldn't it be nice if intelligence were a prerequisite for parenthood?!? World's population would be slashed severely!

Old 04-20-2010, 05:27 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,895,339 times
Ah yes, if only ignorance caused ED and the only cure was rational thought.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,392 times
I agree with some of Raptures stuff, but not all of it. And a lot of the people that chime in on his side just keep ticking me off though. As for shooting a gun on your property, in the county it's totally legal...unless it's a rifle, then I think you have to be at least 300yds from the nearest house (or I know that's the rules with hunting at least). One guy said he grew up in Jersey where if you heard a gun, you call the police. That seems a bit babyish. I don't mean to sound redneck, as I am not at all, but if you hear gun shots, you should own a gun yourself (as everyone should) and if they start getting to close for comfort (like if they're shooting at you) you shoot back! I shoot skeet a lot and sight in my rifles on my friend's land and they have some bitchy neighbors that always want to complain about it. Where we are shooting is right at 300yds from their house so there's nothing they can do about it...so I hate it for them but I'm not stopping. People try and throw out laws and the Constitution to defend why other poeple shouldn't be able to have or shoot guns. I got news for everybody, if it wasn't for the owning and superior shooting of American guns, there would be no Constitution in the first place. Guns were essential to get us where we are today, and they do more good than bad on a daily basis, it just happens to be that the liberal media likes to portray it the other way around. I think people often forget where we come from...not cities, but large tracks of land where people shot guns all the time, for fun and to be able to eat. I do not agree with your neighbors careless handling of their firearms, and I believe if I were you, and a bullet came within inches of my wife because of their neglegance, those kid's dad would have been taking a trip to the hospital and I probably would have been going to jail for a while. Guns don't kill people, stupid people kill people. If guns should be outlawed for murder, matches should be outlawed for arson, and spoons should be outlawed for making people fat!

Old 08-14-2010, 07:14 AM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,882,060 times
I live in Carolina Forest, and my friend has known people to shoot in the woods behind her house, and I have heard gun shots in my neighborhood.

When our neighbors moved in it was so strange to see them carrying in all these rifles out of the trunk of their car - that is just something I never saw in NJ!

Old 08-16-2010, 06:46 PM

540 posts, read 1,680,543 times
Agreed, it's not something we're used to. My dad used to carry his shotgun in the house and lock it right up after he came back from hunting in the backyard. Then again, our backyard was bigger than you see here normally, and it backed up to a farm.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,253 times
Default people kill people not guns

[quote=rrufast;11596178]It's a shame that we can't pick our neighbors, isn't it? Rapture, sorry to hear that yours is a piece of work...

This country was built using guns and they will have to pry myfingers off my guns to take them away. Every one has the right to protect themselves and family. if you don't practice safe gun rules how will you know what to do when it comes time too. You people have too much time on your hands to try to take rights away from people. You should run to be in congress.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:55 PM

249 posts, read 515,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
You see nothing wrong with it because that's what you have lived around, I did not. Where I grew up people parked in a driveway or garage, put trash in a can and treated pets like part of the family. If we heard a gun shot we would call the police, it was not legal. It is none of my business what my neighbors do but I think some consideration should come into play. That's another thing I'm used to is people being considerate. His dog just had puppies, which he is already not taking care of and he is shooting not a gun but a rifle off the porch next to them. I'm sure they are scared to death but being he doesn't give them water or food half the time, I doubt he cares if he scares them. That's none of my business either but I don't care if he likes me, I care about the dogs.
I'm responding to this without reading past the 1st page. I'll go back and read the entire thread after I post this.

I have a problem with this line: "You see nothing wrong with it because that's what you have lived around, I did not. Where I grew up..blah blah

So, you move/escape from an area, only to go to a new area, and you want to convert it to the place you just left? Without looking further, I'd guess that you're a transplant from the North East.

Here's what happened where I live. There was this 1/4 drag strip that was in the middle of nowhere. It was there for 1/2 a century. Well, people starting buying land and building houses nearby. Once there, they started to complain about the noise from the track on weekends. It got so bad that the owner finally tossed in the towel (after battling the residents for years) and sold off the property and moved out of state. So, the end result was....a business that lasted for over half a Century was taken down by selfish snobs who moved in years later.

Before you moved to the area, did you do your homework? Doesn't sound like you did. You should have purchased in a gated community. One with curbs/rain gutters, driveways, and HOA restrictions. Your "red neck" neighbors have been there for life. How dare you move next to them and complain! You sound so self centered and selfish. I would not want you as a neighbor !

Here's a hint: When in Rome, do what the Romans do.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:20 PM

249 posts, read 515,936 times
Ok, read the entire thread and I stand by my comments. So, you were there before the "red neck" neighbor moved in? Doesn't matter. You moved from one area, to another area with less restrictive gun laws. You also moved to an area that had "dirt" driveways. Next time, spend a week in the area you want to relocate to and do your homework. That's what I did. I spent a week in an area before I purchased. Found out it was not for me and I passed. A year later, I spent a week in another area and found it WAS the place for me. I purchased property and I'm very happy. All my homework paid off.

I'm sorry that you had to deal with a neighbor that was less considerate than you wanted but, he never actually broke the law. If he did, he'd be arrested by now. He walked the line without crossing over it. You just happened to move to an area that allowed him to do so.

To all you NJ transplants in this thread.....I can't believe how anti "2nd Amendment" you are. Your state stripped you of your rights, beat you down, and told you guns were no good...and you fell for it. You now live in a state that is MUCH more free about your civil liberties. Instead of complaining, you should be rejoicing !!

Do us all a favor and think a bit. The 2nd Amendment was put in place for a reason. It was put in place for we, the people, to protect ourselves from the Government. Even if you don't like guns, do NOT be so quick to give up your rights. For once you give up your rights, you may never get them back again. Think about it.

Be safe all

Old 10-14-2010, 05:44 AM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,882,060 times
I am from NJ - I don't have a problem with guns - I have a problem with people shooting guns in a very kid populated neighborhood! We chose a neighborhood right by the schools, I would have never thought I would hear gunshots in my neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area